Anthrax - For All Kings

treeduck

I listened to their newest albums recently. I was like: :o

Amazing great melodies and vocals. Class stuff! :haz:

Joey has never sounded better than he has on the last two Anthrax albums. He sings with more emotion and aggressiveness now. It's almost like being kicked out of the band all those years ago woke him up and he realized he needed to up his game when he returned. Not that he was bad during his first run with Anthrax but these last two albums put those vocal performances to shame.

Joey kills it live now as well.

• Like 2

So, it looks like I will be seeing them in September. Originally, I was planning on seeing Ghost that night but Anthrax is playing in the same city on that night. Very strange, it's not like Rochester NY is a hotbed for metal shows or anything.

It's an off date from their tour with Slayer, so I should be getting a full show from them. Death Angel is opening.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

So, it looks like I will be seeing them in September. Originally, I was planning on seeing Ghost that night but Anthrax is playing in the same city on that night. Very strange, it's not like Rochester NY is a hotbed for metal shows or anything.

It's an off date from their tour with Slayer, so I should be getting a full show from them. Death Angel is opening.

Great bill! I saw Death Angel in 2009, and they´re awesome!

I heard For All Kings today yet again, and it gets better at every listen!

• Like 1

I will certainly be giving the album a lot more listens since I will be seeing them in a few months. They're touring over in Europe right now and i'm waiting to see when Blood Eagle Wings will be added to the set. It's a great song, they have a video for it and I read an interview with Scott where he said it was one of the best songs they've ever done. They're already doing four new songs but I hope that one gets added by the time I see them.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Yeah, I´m surprised they haven´t played that one live yet. It´s a prog thrash masterpiece!

All of Them Thieves and This Battle Chose Us are songs I thought sucked on the first listens, but I´ve completely changed my mind now. Breathing Lightning and Blood Eagle Wings are awesome too. But hey, Worship Music and We´ve Come for You All are still better than the new album.

Have you got the new Death Angel album?

I've seen Death Angel live before. I think it was opening for either Testament or Anthrax? Maybe it was for both since they've tour so much together through the years. I've heard a few of their classic albums and did like them but I've never been that big of a fan.

This is like Death Magnetic for me, a total win when I wasn't expecting jack shit. This is amazing :)

Why weren't you expecting anything? Anthrax always delivers.

It's been so long I wasn't expecting much to be honest.

Yeah, when a band takes 5 years between albums or you haven't listened to them in a while you can't always be sure of what you'll get.

Drat, I didn't realize Anthrax was in town. I already bought Ghost tickets but it's really a coin flip between the two for me so I'm not disappointed

Drat, I didn't realize Anthrax was in town. I already bought Ghost tickets but it's really a coin flip between the two for me so I'm not disappointed

As soon as I found out about the Anthrax show I didn't give it a second thought about going. I've loved them since 1990. Ghost will have to take a backseat this time.

Stupid f***ing booking though. There isn't that much going on in Rochester that these shows should be on the same night in the same city. It will hurt ticket sales because there are no doubt fans who would attend both shows if they were on separate nights.

Edited by J2112YYZ