Anthrax - For All Kings

treeduck

So duck, what say you after your first listen?

I think it's better than the previous release, the songs are all good with nice variety, although I thought it was going to be heavier than it is, that's what they were saying a few weeks back.

Did you give it a listen yet, Rod?

I listened today fyi. Thought it was decent and will def give it more spins. I probably have overly high expectations coming off of the megadeth release. But so far , its decent

Also as to the volbeat posts above my opinion is that they are the suck

• Like 1

Yes!!! I like it, but their previous album gave me a much better first impression. Then again, I guess it was a big surpreise when it came out to find out that these guys could still deliver. Now I think they´re writing stuff that´s more adequate to Joey´s voice, and that´s why this album is a bit more melodic than their previous ones. Joey shines here, as well as Frankie Bello. I think the transition between Caggiano and John Donais is seamless, and Scott Ian and Charlie Benante do their usual thing, quite effectively.

The other thing that caugh my attention is how these guys managed to make a true metal album with a contemporary feel - in the same way Worship Music was done. I find that other bands sound a bit ''too traditional'' in their approach. Production wise, this album is miles ahead of recent efforts from Anthrax´ peers - Megadeth´s Dystopia sounds great, but this album has much more clarity and breathing space for all instruments. Slayer´s Repentless is a huge mess, and don´t even get me started on Death Magnetic, which is now almost EIGHT years old!

• Like 2

This is how I´d rank the Anthrax albums:

1 - Among the Living

2 - We´ve Come for You All

3 - Worship Music

4 - Sound of White Noise

5 - Persistence of Time

6 - For All Kings

7 - Stomp 442

8 - Spreading the Disease

9 - Fistful of Metal

10 - State of Euphoria

11 - Volume 8: the threat is real

Not seen this band in decades, but it seems they still "Kick-Ass" big time .

This is a review of their last gig in Glasgow, helping to celebrate 25 years of the amazing Cathouse Club.

They had played in the city the night before supporting Slayer, but this seems to have been even better.

Considering going to Amsterdam to see them now...

http://www.moshville.co.uk/gig-review/2015/11/anthrax-glasgow-cathouse-26th-november-2015/

Listening to it for the first time, I've never really listened to Anthrax before but my brother picked up a copy. The beginning had some good songs, then it kinda fell off and now it's picking up speed. Overall it's pretty solid so far. Need to listen again to make up my mind

Listening to it for the first time, I've never really listened to Anthrax before but my brother picked up a copy. The beginning had some good songs, then it kinda fell off and now it's picking up speed. Overall it's pretty solid so far. Need to listen again to make up my mind

If you've never listened to them before then check out the albums Spreading The Disease, Among The Living and Persistence Of Time before you give the new one another listen.

• Like 2

If you've never listened to them before then check out the albums Spreading The Disease, Among The Living and Persistence Of Time before you give the new one another listen.

I figure I should. I'm quite familiar with the other bands but Anthrax never pulled me in. I know a few of their biggest hits too and they were great in the Big 4 DVD.

I just read that Charlie Benante will not be in this week´s show opening for Maiden. The article didn´t state the reason though. Does anybody have a clue?

He's been missing shows on and off for a few years now. I read he's got real bad tendonitis sometimes. I guess when it flares up on him it's pretty serious and he can't play. I'm not saying that's why he won't be there but it's possible.

That's a shame too. He's one of the best and most original metal drummers ever. It would be a huge letdown if I had to see Anthrax without him. He's their main musical composer and the lifeblood of the band. It's not Anthrax without him.

Correction on my last post. It's carpal tunnel syndrome that Charlie has been battling not tendonitis. I also just remembered he was arrested a few years ago in a domestic dispute with his wife. So, maybe that is not allowing him to enter some countries.