Caught another PHISHING attempt...

OldRUSHfan

Caught another phishing attempt today....so I'm warning all of you folks here, BE AWARE. Check EVERY EMAIL for inconsistencies, on EVERY ACCOUNT you use money on. Utilities, Internet provider, etc. Mine have been my internet/cable provider and PAYPAL... I noticed inconsistencies in the emails, and called the companies in question, and found out the 'offer' was not made by them, my Account was NOT in danger, and I did NOT give the emailer ANY INFO WHATSOEVER! ANY one asking for your Pass Words or credit card into, Bank account info, EVEN IF IT LOOKS LIKE A LEGIT E-MAIL FROM THE PROVIDER, call the provider and CHECK IT OUT! I caught this attempt because they spelled the companies NAME WRONG. Just inserted a letter that shouldn't have been there.

Take this down. For anyone here who doesn't know, here is the site The FBI monitors for these type of complaints. ic3.gov. Fore warned is fore armed!

Criminals? here ya go....http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Weapons/Movie-Predator-1.gif

I've never seen a phishing email that was even close to looking legit enough to click. My favorite are the ones that tell you attempts have been made to access your account so you should change your password immediately by clicking on this link. Uh, no.
  • Like 3

I've never seen a phishing email that was even close to looking legit enough to click. My favorite are the ones that tell you attempts have been made to access your account so you should change your password immediately by clicking on this link. Uh, no.

That was the PAYPAL one back in November....And that was THE THING. Every account I have, the provider always states they will NEVER ASK for your details....this one today was just an idiot misspelling the Corporations name but in a partially clever 'hidden' way....wasn't clever enough for MEEEEEEEE lol

I know for a fact that I've been phished over my PayPal account.

Since that is a financial Institution, I'm not surprised. You know what I don't understand? If people are the LEAST bit suspicious, why don't they check the stuff out? The first thing I do is CALL THE COMPANY to check out the claim of the e-mail!

Never go to a web site where you have an account by clicking on a link in an email. Always go there directly in your browser via bookmark or typing the URL. Bookmarks are better, because scammers often have sites built on common misspellings of popular sites.

This is the most logical thing to do before any shit even happens.

Never go to a web site where you have an account by clicking on a link in an email. Always go there directly in your browser via bookmark or typing the URL. Bookmarks are better, because scammers often have sites built on common misspellings of popular sites.

ABSOLUTELY!!! So many people DO, and then get directed to a 'spooded' site that tries to get your info out of you. KILL THE SITE! ic3.gov will use all info you gain to get the bastards, but don't go to any URL in the e-mail!!!

(thanks, Slack Jaw Gaze! :) )

I am getting them too and I agree that you should NEVER click on any link directing you to make payment or give any personal info. That is your red flag that it's probably bad news. Always go directly to the company website or call the company's direct # and find out what the story is.

I get them from time to time. Mostly from "banks" that I don't actually have an account with!

I always forward them on to the banks they are posing as.

I get them from time to time. Mostly from "banks" that I don't actually have an account with!

I always forward them on to the banks they are posing as.

That's an excellent idea!!! :clap: :ebert:

An entity purporting to be Tumblr is trying to get me to 'change my password or they're going to give my username to anyone who wants it.' because I haven't visited the site recently enough for their likes......shup, dickless.