Riverside guitarist Piotr Grudziński has died at age 40

Presto-digitation

I've only known of Riverside from people on TRF posting about them, but I've never actually heard them before. They're on my list of bands I've meant to check out.

Sad news indeed. RIP :rose:

Tragic news.

I have been a Riverside fan for a number of years and finally got to see them a few months ago on their recent U.S. tour.

He was a fantastic player.

If you're not familiar with Riverside you should check them out.

Excellent band.

Any idea what happened? Cant find much about it yet on web

He had been in and out of hospital for undisclosed testing...(asking for prayers, etc). Had been doing gigs until very recently and just appeared at a Winery Dogs show LAST NIGHT according to Portnoy. So the end was very sudden. No news on what had been ailing him or the cause of his death this morning.

Any idea what happened? Cant find much about it yet on web

He had been in and out of hospital for undisclosed testing...(asking for prayers, etc). Had been doing gigs until very recently and just appeared at a Winery Dogs show LAST NIGHT according to Portnoy. So the end was very sudden. No news on what had been ailing him or the cause of his death this morning.

Wow, sad . Best thoughts to his family

I was mistaken too. It was the band's drummer (another Piotr) who had previously been in and out of hospital and ill, so this really was a shock. Maybe an accident? Apologies for the error. I had just assumed it was the Piotr who had been ill already... Edited by Presto-digitation

I was mistaken too. It was the band's drummer (another Piotr) who had previously been in and out of hospital and ill, so this really was a shock. Maybe an accident? Apologies for the error. I had just assumed it was the Piotr who had been ill already...

Gotcha, thanks for update. Truly a huge loss

So incredibly shocking and sad... I saw Riverside's announcement post first, then Anathema and Portnoy's posts. One of my favorite releases of last year and I've enjoyed digging into their back catalog with new ears - Piotr had such a tasteful and emotional approach to his playing. RIP Piotr.

Terrible news.

NEWS / JERRY EWING / 21 FEB 2016

31 SHARES

MORE

Piotr Grudzinski Passes Away Aged 40

Riverside guitarist Piotr Grudzinski has died, according to a statement on the Polish band's website.

In a short statement the band simply say: "In our deepest pain and disbelief we would like to inform you that our dearest friend and brother Piotr Grudzinski has passed away this morning. We kindly ask you to respect the privacy of his family and friends."

The band had been preparing for a Polish tour with support acts Lion Shepherd and Sounds Like The End Of The World. They are also booked to headline this year's RoSFest on the Saturday night.

There are no further details as yet, although unconfirmed reports online suggest Grudzinski had attended a show by The Winery Dogs in Warsaw last night

------------------

I'm absolutely gutted.

RIP mate.

Edited by Tony R
  • Like 1

What the??? Oh man. This is sad.

I've been a fan for a number of years, just saw them my second time in September. Awesome band, and he was a fantastic player.

May he rest in peace.

Sad. Love, Fear, and the Time Machine was one of my favorite albums of last year. Haven't gone beyond that album unfortunately, but I'm gonna check out their older stuff cause I really loved their latest LP.

RIP :rose:

I think you'd like ADHD

Edited by Union 5-3992

Terrible news.

NEWS / JERRY EWING / 21 FEB 2016

31 SHARES

MORE

Piotr Grudzinski Passes Away Aged 40

Riverside guitarist Piotr Grudzinski has died, according to a statement on the Polish band's website.

In a short statement the band simply say: "In our deepest pain and disbelief we would like to inform you that our dearest friend and brother Piotr Grudzinski has passed away this morning. We kindly ask you to respect the privacy of his family and friends."

The band had been preparing for a Polish tour with support acts Lion Shepherd and Sounds Like The End Of The World. They are also booked to headline this year's RoSFest on the Saturday night.

There are no further details as yet, although unconfirmed reports online suggest Grudzinski had attended a show by The Winery Dogs in Warsaw last night

------------------

I'm absolutely gutted.

RIP mate.

I'm gutted too.

I've seen them before but missed the most recent tour figuring they'd be back.

Very sad,...and shocked really.

Wow.