Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

From his reaction, you'd think Tiger was mis-hitting every tee shot, but it's actually just him grimacing in pain. He's hitting fairways now.

And he'll have another makeable birdie putt on hole 10.

^^^ Money. And the crowd goes nuts as Tiger moves into the lead at -2.

Onto the 504 par 4 11th, which is playing into the wind. And Tiger stripes it.

A solid approach and two putts for an easy 4 on one the toughest holes in US Open modern history. Holes 1 and 2 seem a distant memory right now.

Edited by goose

^^^ Hold on. After a good drive, Tiger pulls a 3wood into the junk. He has to drop and gets on in four, with a challenging two putt for bogie left. Johnny Miller plays blame on Stevie for letting Tiger make that 3wood club choice.

Westwood does the same. Mediate looking good at -1.

Just as the new leader, Rocco Mediate, makes a move, play is suspend by the commissioner*.

* my wife came home

Edited by goose

Tiger makes a 15 footer on 18 to force a playoff. It'll be #1-ranked Tiger and the #158-ranked Rocco Mediate head to head over 18 holes...tomorrow. Edited by goose

This Rocket Mortgage 313 challenge is pretty bogus. Eagle, hole in one, birdie? Come on.

Never mind. They don't all have to be from the same guy. :facepalm: to me.

Edited by laughedatbytime

Watching the end of the PGA Championship, with six (make that seven!) players tied at -10 down the stretch, with DJ, Finau, Day, Morikama, and Casey among them. Finau is looking strong right now, while Jason Day seems to be faltering a bit.

The tourney is being played at Harding Park, a course in the heart of San Francisco. 20-some years ago, the course was an ugly stepchild mini course, where you could play for $30. It was a fun track, though, rolling hills through thick groves of trees. Now it's a TPC course.

• Like 1

It's easy for me to say, sitting in my comfy chair, but Tony Finau is not a player I would bet on late on a Sunday. I'm just glad Koepka wasn't in the mix, although I look forward to his being paired with DJ sometime soon!

Scheffler with a 59 and Dustin Johnson with a 27 on the par 36 front at the Northern Trust Open.

And DJ pars the last 7 for a 60

Wow!

How about this from Tiger, who just made the cut:

What positives would Tiger Woods take from his round?

"Well, I was close to snapping a couple clubs today, but I didn't, so that's a positive."

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Wait...nobody's been in here taking a dump on Tiger?

He's become irrelevant anyway, so we might as well let him fade into oblivion.

My question is: Why do police officers compel drivers to recite the alphabet backwards? Most of us can't even do it while sober.... ;)

My question is: Why do police officers compel drivers to recite the alphabet backwards? Most of us can't even do it while sober.... ;)

By "fade into oblivion" did PM mean "continue to compete and win tournaments, including majors"?

By "fade into oblivion" did PM mean "continue to compete and win tournaments, including majors"?

What I meant, in my post from three years ago, is that even I, a faux-expert on professional golf, can misjudge a pro golfer and how his game will fare in the future...... ;) ;)

• Like 1

What I meant, in my post from three years ago, is that even I, a faux-expert on professional golf, can misjudge a pro golfer and how his game will fare in the future...... ;) ;)

That's weird. Whatever I posted is gone, and I don't have the foggiest clue what I might have said.

Edited by edhunter
  • Like 1

Tiger is a miracle of modern medicine.

Mickelson starts round one of the US Open birdie-birdie!!! :dweez:

Plays the remaining 16 holes at eleven over to finish at +9, one stroke ahead of dead last. :LOL:

But how about Justin Thomas taking advantage early of wet greens, posting a 65 for the lead at -5. Three others at -4, and three more at -3, a European cadre that includes Rory, Westwood and Oostie. Then we have six others at -2. Gotta say, after the pre-tourney hype, these low scores a bit of a surprise. I watched a good chunk of the action, and the greens were just too receptive for a US open. I see that as a major screw up (pun intended).

• Like 2

With the aid of the weather, the course toughened up today. Day One leader Justin Thomas had a rough day, as did Rory McElroy. Bubba Watson hung in there, and I'd be happy to see him make a charge tomorrow. It will come down to hitting fairways.

Mickelson starts round one of the US Open birdie-birdie!!! :dweez:

Plays the remaining 16 holes at eleven over to finish at +9, one stroke ahead of dead last. :LOL:

Phil deserves the Grand Slam, and it doesn't look like he'll get it.

No, his chances are fading fast. Maybe he can win the US Senior Open.

Will Tigger get any more, though? He's increasingly looking like s spent force.

As for this one, just not Patrick Reed, please . . .