Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

Tiger playing pretty good the first 3 rounds.

Honestly(and of course I watched every shot) he hit it good all week and good enough to win. The putting however wasn't up to snuff. Pretty darn good for not actually playing in a 72 hole official vent since late October. The game is there. I hope he wins sooner but a part of me wants him to get number 83 done at Bay Hill as I will be there all 4 days again this year. There is nothing like being there following him around. Incredible scene...
  • Like 2

I really enjoy this t

Pretty sure I say this every year. Can't stand the WMPO. Oh the hype...smh

I really enjoy the circus this tourney is. Once a year the tournament is loud. The interaction the players have with the crowd is great.

But the golf is boring.
  • Like 1

I really enjoy this t

I really enjoy the circus this tourney is. Once a year the tournament is loud. The interaction the players have with the crowd is great.

Pretty sure it was the 17th(maybe 16 but don't feel like looking it up) at the old Buick Open where all this type of sh*t started. A bunch of drunks acting like a-holes. Just not my thing...
  • Like 2

I really enjoy this t

Pretty sure it was the 17th(maybe 16 but don't feel like looking it up) at the old Buick Open where all this type of sh*t started. A bunch of drunks acting like a-holes. Just not my thing...

Unfortunately, this kind of thing is spreading to other tournaments, albeit not to the same degree. The next person to about out something genuinely funny will be the first.

• Like 1

Davis Love sucks btw. Just say'in...

What did he do, bust another sprinkler?

Lol no. Just a borefest. Dottie is a thousand times better...
  • Like 1

I wonder if this tournament was later in the season, when the competition is tight and everyone is getting more stressed out, if the atmosphere would be as tolerated by the players as it is when it's still relatively "early."

I marshal at a PGA tournament every year, and I don't think I'd want to do this one, on any hole!

• Like 1

I wonder if this tournament was later in the season, when the competition is tight and everyone is getting more stressed out, if the atmosphere would be as tolerated by the players as it is when it's still relatively "early."

I marshal at a PGA tournament every year, and I don't think I'd want to do this one, on any hole!

Which tournament do you marshal?...

I’ve done Barclays (now Northern Trust) at Ridgewood Country Club, Plainfield CC, and also Liberty National, PGA at Baltusrol, and Presidents Cup at Liberty National. All in NJ. The men.

Soooooo much fun. Nothing this year because NT is up in Boston, and I didn’t sign up in enough time for whatever the one is in CT later this year. Not PGA, I forget who runs it.

• Like 2

I’ve done Barclays (now Northern Trust) at Ridgewood Country Club, Plainfield CC, and also Liberty National, PGA at Baltusrol, and Presidents Cup at Liberty National. All in NJ. The men.

Soooooo much fun. Nothing this year because NT is up in Boston, and I didn’t sign up in enough time for whatever the one is in CT later this year. Not PGA, I forget who runs it.

The Travelers I think...

First, I hadn't realized CBS had let Peter Kostis and Gary McCord go; that's too bad as I liked those guys, although McCord mostly for his cameo in Tin Cup.

Second, I see that Kostis has piled onto the "Reed is a Cheater" bandwagon and named four tournaments in which he saw Reed ground his club or improve his lie.

Nothing like a little golfing bad blood.

First, I hadn't realized CBS had let Peter Kostis and Gary McCord go; that's too bad as I liked those guys, although McCord mostly for his cameo in Tin Cup.

Second, I see that Kostis has piled onto the "Reed is a Cheater" bandwagon and named four tournaments in which he saw Reed ground his club or improve his lie.

Nothing like a little golfing bad blood.

He cheated here and got caught.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2877099-peter-kostis-ive-seen-patrick-reed-improve-his-lie-4-different-times

Well we have finished our annual 4 days of golf watching at Bay Hill. Were the greens firm and fast and the wind blowing? Oh yes. Very tough scoring conditions to say the least. A survival test to be sure. We walked a grand total of 40 miles for the four days and saw lots of golf. Congrats to Tyrrell Hatton for surviving the best...
  • Like 1

Well we have finished our annual 4 days of golf watching at Bay Hill. Were the greens firm and fast and the wind blowing? Oh yes. Very tough scoring conditions to say the least. A survival test to be sure. We walked a grand total of 40 miles for the four days and saw lots of golf. Congrats to Tyrrell Hatton for surviving the best...

I bet you had a blast!

I was just thinking that I need to get out and play

• Like 1

I bet you had a blast!

I was just thinking that I need to get out and play

It was great but the wind was annoying and constant throughout the week. It was almost 90 degrees Thursday and in the low 60's by Saturday. We have gone for all 4 rounds the last 3 years but next year I'm eying the PGA championship in Charleston at Kiawah Island instead. If we can get tickets and God willing I will be attending that one instead...
  • Like 1

Annnnnd, golf is gone. Everybody's already there, I don't know why they couldn't let them finish out the Players without the spectators, it's not like they all gather in in the locker room the same way as they do with team sports.
  • Like 1