Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

TIGER! Ties Sam Snead with 82 wins

Up way to late a few nights but I enjoyed the sh*t out of that. Not sure I've ever seen him swing better...

Wow, I had no idea! Bummed I missed it, but I'll track down the highlights.

Ugh. So bored with Tigertron and the media slurpage of that guy. It's like rooting for the steam hammer over John Henry.

Impressive, though, admittedly. Impressive. I hope he stalls there.

Bored watching the greatest golfer of a time? Damn.

It's not the _golf_ that bores me! That part of it continues to amaze and depress me . . .

Ugh. So bored with Tigertron and the media slurpage of that guy. It's like rooting for the steam hammer over John Henry.

Impressive, though, admittedly. Impressive. I hope he stalls there.

Big Tiger/Professional golf fan here but I honestly get where you are coming from. I can't get enough Tiger talk but if I were a hater or anything approaching a hater watching a broadcast especially when he's doing well would turn my stomach. Even as one of his biggest fans sometimes the overblown constant replays etc during the telecast turn me off. Showing every shot he hits at the expense of others to me is well earned and warranted however...
  • Like 1

Any thoughts on Phil skipping Phoenix to play a money tournament in the Kingdom of Murdering Journalists, aka Saudi Arabia?

Normally, I root for Mickelson, but this just smacks of avarice. He went to ASU, the Phoenix tournament is one of the early season showcase events, and lord knows it's not like he needs the money.

Any thoughts on Phil skipping Phoenix to play a money tournament in the Kingdom of Murdering Journalists, aka Saudi Arabia?

Normally, I root for Mickelson, but this just smacks of avarice. He went to ASU, the Phoenix tournament is one of the early season showcase events, and lord knows it's not like he needs the money.

Hometown tournament notwithstanding, I can see why he's skipping out of Phoenix and that abomination that is 16.

• Like 1

Hometown tournament notwithstanding, I can see why he's skipping out of Phoenix and that abomination that is 16.

Not surprisingly we disagree about 16. Love that hole and the hoopla that goes with it. One hole put of the entire year that gets crazy. So what?

Amen. As far as Phil goes he can play wherever the hell he wants for whatever reason he wants. This is another media driven steaming pile. I bet they wouldn't give an F if he played in China. They just had the HSBC tournament in China and I of course watched wall to wall. No mention of anything political. Just wonderfulness spewing from the NBC based announcers mouths.... Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

Amen. As far as Phil goes he can play wherever the hell he wants for whatever reason he wants. This is another media driven steaming pile. I bet they wouldn't give an F if he played in China. They just had the HSBC tournament in China and I of course watched wall to wall. No mention of anything political. Just wonderfulness spewing from the NBC based announcers mouths....

Sure he can play where he wants, but at this point in his career I think he should be playing Phoenix. f**k Saudi Arabian golf.
  • Like 1

Amen. As far as Phil goes he can play wherever the hell he wants for whatever reason he wants. This is another media driven steaming pile. I bet they wouldn't give an F if he played in China. They just had the HSBC tournament in China and I of course watched wall to wall. No mention of anything political. Just wonderfulness spewing from the NBC based announcers mouths....

Sure he can play where he wants, but at this point in his career I think he should be playing Phoenix. f**k Saudi Arabian golf.

Phil's a big-time gambler and I can see him going for the Saudi cash over yet another Phoenix Open..
  • Like 1

Exciting President's Cup, as it goes down to the last five holes, Kuchar with the clinching putt on 17 to give the US a minimum of 15.5 points.
  • Like 3

Exciting President's Cup, as it goes down to the last five holes, Kuchar with the clinching putt on 17 to give the US a minimum of 15.5 points.

I saw some of it, including Tiger's win, but not the finish. The US had a big lead early, but the world team battled back to make it interesting.

It was the International team that had the big lead, but is anybody surprised the US won eventually? This "competition" is dully one-sided and has been for years. The media coverage tries to gin it up like it's the Ryder Cup, but it ain't. The best thing for the future ratings would probably have been if the Int'ls had won.

This victory does feed into the "Tiger is Risen" narrative, though, since he went 3-0, so the media has that to fawn over.

• Like 1

I watched every second of it and was able to see a few shots between commercials...smh
  • Like 2

It was the International team that had the big lead, but is anybody surprised the US won eventually? This "competition" is dully one-sided and has been for years. The media coverage tries to gin it up like it's the Ryder Cup, but it ain't. The best thing for the future ratings would probably have been if the Int'ls had won.

This victory does feed into the "Tiger is Risen" narrative, though, since he went 3-0, so the media has that to fawn over.

And rightly so! Ancer wanted Tiger, he got Tiger. Tiger is no doubt the golfing GOAT and arguably the GOAT when comparing all sports.
  • Like 1

And rightly so! Ancer wanted Tiger, he got Tiger. Tiger is no doubt the golfing GOAT and arguably the GOAT when comparing all sports.

Yep it was classic Tiger. Just wearing a guy down by dissecting every hole and putting each shot in the proper place. Low shots, high shots, draws, fades etc. By my count he made 5 or 6 birds and didn't give any holes away. A slow painful death for Ancer...
  • Like 2

Yep it was classic Tiger. Just wearing a guy down by dissecting every hole and putting each shot in the proper place. Low shots, high shots, draws, fades etc. By my count he made 5 or 6 birds and didn't give any holes away. A slow painful death for Ancer...

A fun watch.

• Like 2

A reminder of why Tiger Woods has gotten so much attention over the years...

What a performance. If nothing else, fast forward to 14:00 to re-live the legendary day 2, hole #12 effort.

Edited by goose

What a performance. If nothing else, fast forward to 14:00 to re-live the legendary day 2, hole #12 effort.

Has any athlete in any sport has the number of fantastic performances that Tiger has had? Especially those singular moments when he hit an unbelievable shot at just the right time? Dude is GOAT of all time...any sport.
  • Like 1

Has any athlete in any sport has the number of fantastic performances that Tiger has had? Especially those singular moments when he hit an unbelievable shot at just the right time? Dude is GOAT of all time...any sport.

Word. I could spend all day watching highlights of his wins. Unreal.
  • Like 2

Word. I could spend all day watching highlights of his wins. Unreal.

Looks like more wins coming...