Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

McIlroy and Reid went low, and Reid left one on the table on the 18th. Tomorrow we'll see if that comes back to haunt him.

2nd-4th, McElroy included, all shot 65 today, which is very unusual.

Rory was quite honest about his “lucky shots”, like the chip-in that would have run way past had it not hit the flag.....:LOL:

• Like 1

I cannot believe that no one has posted during this magnificent final round at Augusta..... :laughing guy:

I cannot believe that no one has posted during this magnificent final round at Augusta..... :laughing guy:

It was an amazing final round!
  • Like 2

I lost interest in golf the more I got to know about it. Too many people treat it like a freakin' religion what with the reverence and elitism that goes along with so much of it. When I was overseas and the course I played the most started requiring a collared shirt, I figuratively told them to f**k off and stopped playing there. Then it got too expensive and many courses required you use a cart which was the end of it for me.

I lost interest in golf the more I got to know about it. Too many people treat it like a freakin' religion what with the reverence and elitism that goes along with so much of it. When I was overseas and the course I played the most started requiring a collared shirt, I figuratively told them to f**k off and stopped playing there. Then it got too expensive and many courses required you use a cart which was the end of it for me.

Yeah, I am much more into the muni thing than the club atmosphere. The weird thing about the snobs is how bad so many are at golf.
  • Like 1

Patrick Reed's story is rather interesting. Personal and family issues, a stormy golf career in school, and he's not out there to be everyone's buddy. People are often more concerned with criticizing his physique than praising his game.

But the man can play golf, that's for sure.

• Like 2

One of the most riveting days of golf ever. And the coverage doesn't really give you time to breathe, let alone post.

I was struck by the relative lack of support for Reed, compared to Rory, Speith, and Fowler. I get that there are reasons for it, but it was pretty striking, I thought.

• Like 2

One of the most riveting days of golf ever. And the coverage doesn't really give you time to breathe, let alone post.

I was struck by the relative lack of support for Reed, compared to Rory, Speith, and Fowler. I get that there are reasons for it, but it was pretty striking, I thought.

Yet Reed just went along doing what he needed to do. Some really great par saves.

Spieth and Fowler are A-List darlings of the PGA right now, and Rory's comeback from golf oblivion is a great story. I think they would have won the crowd regardless of who was leading.

But Reed's reputation didn't exactly help matters.....

• Like 1

Spieth and Fowler are A-List darlings of the PGA right now, and Rory's comeback from golf oblivion is a great story. I think they would have won the crowd regardless of who was leading.

A solid article on Reed and CBS' choice not to include details of his troubled past in the Masters broadcast.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/sports/more/la-sp-masters-tv-reed-20180409-story.html%3foutputType=amp

A solid article on Reed and CBS' choice not to include details of his troubled past in the Masters broadcast.

https://www.google.c...?outputType=amp

Ultimately, a pro athlete's personal life and/or troubles are really none of our business. I agree with CBS for not bringing up Reed's troubles. As long as he's not engaging in criminal activity, his private life is indeed private.

• Like 2

Washington State Football Coach Mike Leach, on golf:

“It’s boring. I don’t care where that ball goes.”

"Golfers are always practicing their swing. But you know what I never did? I never practice fishing in my living room.”

"They'll line up over the ball and they'll say they're going to do something that you can't do with a sniper rifle and a scope, but they're going to do it with a stick and a ball."

“Golf’s pretty much for people that don’t swear effectively enough or need practice. And so there are people that need golf, and I don’t think I do.”

:laughing guy: :laughing guy:

Edited by Principled Man

Washington State Football Coach Mike Leach, on golf:

“It’s boring. I don’t care where that ball goes.”

"Golfers are always practicing their swing. But you know what I never did? I never practice fishing in my living room.”

"They'll line up over the ball and they'll say they're going to do something that you can't do with a sniper rifle and a scope, but they're going to do it with a stick and a ball."

“Golf’s pretty much for people that don’t swear effectively enough or need practice. And so there are people that need golf, and I don’t think I do.”

:laughing guy: :laughing guy:

He coaches football right? I understand his comments completely then.
  • Like 1

I think I have a new favorite golfer...someone named Nacho Elvira chipped in on some tournament in Morocco or someplace on the "European" tour.
  • Like 1

I think I have a new favorite golfer...someone named Nacho Elvira chipped in on some tournament in Morocco or someplace on the "European" tour.

Short for Ignacio I believe....

Hey Goose it seems your boy Kid Dyn-o-mite is feeling much better these days. Good to see him on the leaderboard once again. Man was he rolling in some putts yesterday... Edited by Narps

Hey Goose it seems your boy Kid Dyn-o-mite is feeling much better these days. Good to see him on the leaderboard once again. Man was he rolling in some putts yesterday...

He's been off the radar for a while. Glad to hear his name again!

Did you watch the Masters?

Hey Goose it seems your boy Kid Dyn-o-mite is feeling much better these days. Good to see him on the leaderboard once again. Man was he rolling in some putts yesterday...

Every second of it. I streamed the early coverage. I didn't watch much golf there for about a year or so when it appeared Tiger was done for good. Since I have gotten back into playing again after not playing for about 8 years and with Tiger returning all I seem to be watching is golf. The PGA Tour, European Tour, Seniors, Ladies etc etc. My life has changed a lot over the last couple of years and golf has played a big role in reinvigorating my life and attitude in general...
  • Like 1

Every second of it. I streamed the early coverage. I didn't watch much golf there for about a year or so when it appeared Tiger was done for good. Since I have gotten back into playing again after not playing for about 8 years and with Tiger returning all I seem to be watching is golf. The PGA Tour, European Tour, Seniors, Ladies etc etc. My life has changed a lot over the last couple of years and golf has played a big role in reinvigorating my life and attitude in general...

That's good to hear. I know how much you love it. I'm trying to get back into the game, as far as playing. I don't watch as much as I should, but I was glued to the Masters all four days.

Tiger and Spieth both with third round 65s to get to minus -8 and a tie for 8th. 7 back of the leader but only 2 out of second. On the other hand, the leaders have yet to tee off. Edited by laughedatbytime

Tiger and Spieth both with third round 65s to get to minus -8 and a tie for 8th. 7 back of the leader but only 2 out of second. On the other hand, the leaders have yet to tee off.

Good for the game when they play well. :ebert:

Good grief, Joe Buck doing golf again...Yuck

Yep, don't like him calling the Open at all. He's better than the first year Fox covered it, but he still bugs me.

Shinnecock was chewing up the big names in the early groups. Later groups have settled in.

Good grief, Joe Buck doing golf again...Yuck

Yep, don't like him calling the Open at all. He's better than the first year Fox covered it, but he still bugs me.

Shinnecock was chewing up the big names in the early groups. Later groups have settled in.

Some serious carnage going on out there. Having said that, the fact Poulter and Piercy shot 1 under shows that it is possible.