Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

Tiger at 25:1 to win this weekend at the Framers. 7th best odds in the field.

Seems like 25:1 is fair odds he'll make the cut.

I honestly don't expect much but I am stoked to watch. This feels different than last year in a good way. It will be interesting to see how he's swinging it under the gun. Last year the swing looked bad as if he was manipulating the club and trying to save every shot in some way or another. If he can play, 2018 promises to be a year for the ages on the tour...

I love your optimism! Golf sure could use a little Tiger to make things interesting this year.

I totally agree. There are so many good golfers nowadays and every time Tiger is anywhere in the vicinity they’re all forgotten.

It was like that when Arnie and Jack were in their primes as well. Nature of the media beast.
  • Like 1

You'd think James Madison's descendants would be able to afford sponsorship of their own tournament instead of going in with the progeny of all those other guys.

• Like 1

You'd think James Madison's descendants would be able to afford sponsorship of their own tournament instead of going in with the progeny of all those other guys.

:LOL:
  • Like 1

I totally agree. There are so many good golfers nowadays and every time Tiger is anywhere in the vicinity they’re all forgotten.

It was like that when Arnie and Jack were in their primes as well. Nature of the media beast.

Sure enough, today Sportscenter had a long piece on Tiger's first round, showing poor shots & good (both followed by the same surly Tiger reaction), and finishing with stats showing a par finish despite having one of his worst putting days in years.

Oh...and some dude went 7-under.

Sure enough, today Sportscenter had a long piece on Tiger's first round, showing poor shots & good (both followed by the same surly Tiger reaction), and finishing with stats showing a par finish despite having one of his worst putting days in years.

Oh...and some dude went 7-under.

This is what I’m saying.

This question came up on "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" this week (I'm paraphrasing but all of the key points are correct), Has anyone here heard of this?

Extremely rare, this is the term for shooting four under par on a hole.

a) Owl

b) Condor

c) Goose

I can't remember the other answer.

According to Google, this has only been done twice (or four times, depending on the site).

I figured it was "our" goose now that he's retired, but apparently this is not the case. No word on whether Kim Jong Il ever performed the feat (or more likely whether he did it multiple times, it's hell getting information out of there.

I didn't know for sure but I did end up getting the question right.

This question came up on "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" this week (I'm paraphrasing but all of the key points are correct), Has anyone here heard of this?

a) Owl

b) Condor

c) Goose

According to Google, this has only been done twice (or four times, depending on the site).

I figured it was "our" goose now that he's retired, but apparently this is not the case. No word on whether Kim Jong Il ever performed the feat (or more likely whether he did it multiple times, it's hell getting information out of there.

I've actually made an albatross (-3 on a hole) by getting a hole in one on a par 4. An ace on a par 5 is quite an accomplishment! I can see it happening on an extreme dogleg by cutting the corner.

a) Owl

b) Condor

c) Goose

I've actually made an albatross (-3 on a hole) by getting a hole in one on a par 4. An ace on a par 5 is quite an accomplishment! I can see it happening on an extreme dogleg by cutting the corner.

Congratulations, you Saracen dog...pretty impressive. I'd love to have one, but I'm like Artie Fufkin when it comes to windmills.

Tiger went 2-under on Saturday. Hmmm...

He's now 1 up on Phil, who had a wonderful 76 today..... :o

• Like 1

NARPS!!!!

Your boy Bubba ;) got the win this weekend with a dramatic hole-out from the sand. He even shed some of those tears you love in the post-tournament interview. :P

I always enjoy watching an old guy's momentary return to form, and that was certainly Bubba on Sunday. He was driving the ball great. This makes an even ten career wins for him.

"'My goal has always been to get 10 wins, and there are so many emotions going through my head right now,' added the left-hander, who was in tears after holing the winning putt in scenes reminiscent of his memorable first Masters victory in 2012."

• Like 1

Tiger looked damn good. Putting on Sunday was a bit off, but a second place finish was excellent.

And he was very close to making some putts that just missed. I kind of figured that Tiger would regret the stroke he gave back at the end of Friday's round.

Tiger one back at -8.

Narps?

Oh I watched every second of it and it was exciting once again. 129.2 clubhead speed? Holy moly Batman!! I am actually heading to Orlando this week to be there for all 4 rounds. Gonna leave early tomorrow morning to play a couple rounds in Jacksonville on my way there. I am hoping for much of the same for Tiger this week and a hoisting of the trophy come Sunday evening.... Edited by Narps
  • Like 3

NARPS!!!!

Your boy Bubba ;) got the win this weekend with a dramatic hole-out from the sand. He even shed some of those tears you love in the post-tournament interview. :P

I always enjoy watching an old guy's momentary return to form, and that was certainly Bubba on Sunday. He was driving the ball great. This makes an even ten career wins for him.

"'My goal has always been to get 10 wins, and there are so many emotions going through my head right now,' added the left-hander, who was in tears after holing the winning putt in scenes reminiscent of his memorable first Masters victory in 2012."

There are two things I can appreciate about Bubba. The way he works the ball old school and the fact that he is completely self taught. I love those two things but that is where it ends. I can't stand pretty much the rest. I have no doubt that he will be a threat at The Masters once again...
  • Like 1

Tiger one back at -8.

Narps?

Oh I watched every second of it and it was exciting once again. 129.2 clubhead speed? Holy moly Batman!! I am actually heading to Orlando this week to be there for all 4 rounds. Gonna leave early tomorrow morning to play a couple rounds in Jacksonville on my way there. I am hoping for much of the same for Tiger this week and a hoisting of the trophy come Sunday evening....

That sounds like a great trip! Keep us posted.
  • Like 1

Really enjoying the week so far at Bay Hill. Great weather and atmosphere. Can Tiger make a big push to the top today? We shall see...

Really enjoying the week so far at Bay Hill. Great weather and atmosphere. Can Tiger make a big push to the top today? We shall see...

And we are seeing. Tiger one back of the lead after a bunch of birdies.

Well as we know it didn't happen but it was sure exciting watching him up close(as close as one can get with the enormous crowds anyway) for 4 days. The Masters should be fun...

And we are seeing. Tiger one back of the lead after a bunch of birdies.

Well as we know it didn't happen but it was sure exciting watching him up close(as close as one can get with the enormous crowds anyway) for 4 days. The Masters should be fun...

The big push happened but he didn't quite make it to the top. Rory took it all for himself. But Tiger will indeed be a factor in the Masters, and the other majors. He's just starting to get his mojo back.

• Like 1