Jump to content


Official PGA Tour Thread


  • Please log in to reply
505 replies to this topic

#341 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 11435 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    The Green Bay Packers
    The Milwaukee Brewers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    And everything astronomical, cosmological, whatever can be measured in light-years.....out there in that Great Big Magnificent Universe!!

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:36 AM

Rickey Fowler shoots a 61 to win the Hero World Challenge.  Final score of -18.  

11 under par.  A 28 on the front 9..... Birdies on holes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 !!    :haz:

Sponsored Post

#342 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 60172 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Ted Nugent, Your Mom

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:47 AM

View PostPrincipled Man, on 04 December 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

Rickey Fowler shoots a 61 to win the Hero World Challenge.  Final score of -18.  

11 under par.  A 28 on the front 9..... Birdies on holes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 !! :haz:
:notworthy:

#343 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

    73

  • Admin
  • 34311 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:01 AM

View Postgoose, on 04 December 2017 - 09:47 AM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 04 December 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

Rickey Fowler shoots a 61 to win the Hero World Challenge.  Final score of -18.  

11 under par.  A 28 on the front 9..... Birdies on holes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 !! :haz:
:notworthy:

Down 5 strokes at the start of Sunday, so he birdies the first seven holes in a row. :notworthy:

#344 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 11435 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    The Green Bay Packers
    The Milwaukee Brewers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    And everything astronomical, cosmological, whatever can be measured in light-years.....out there in that Great Big Magnificent Universe!!

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:07 PM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 04 December 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 04 December 2017 - 09:47 AM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 04 December 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

Rickey Fowler shoots a 61 to win the Hero World Challenge.  Final score of -18.  

11 under par.  A 28 on the front 9..... Birdies on holes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 !! :haz:
:notworthy:

Down 5 strokes at the start of Sunday, so he birdies the first seven holes in a row. :notworthy:

Reporter:  Were you thinking 59?

Fowler:   Well, OF COURSE!!   :lol:

#345 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27844 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:25 PM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 04 December 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 04 December 2017 - 09:47 AM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 04 December 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

Rickey Fowler shoots a 61 to win the Hero World Challenge.  Final score of -18.  

11 under par.  A 28 on the front 9..... Birdies on holes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 !! :haz:
:notworthy:

Down 5 strokes at the start of Sunday, so he birdies the first seven holes in a row. :notworthy:
Fowler might be the best putter I've ever seen and I've seen them all and I thought this before yesterday. He makes 10 footers like I make 1 footers. Amazing short game in general. Hate to bring it up but Eldrick looked pretty darn healthy and was driving it as long and as accurate as he did in his prime. That is all (for now). Stay tuned....

#346 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 60172 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Ted Nugent, Your Mom

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:21 AM

Tiger at 25:1 to win this weekend at the Framers.  7th best odds in the field.


Seems like 25:1 is fair odds he'll make the cut.

#347 Laurabw

Laurabw

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 582 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:32 AM

Ugh.  I can’t stand him. Not that I don’t appreciate his talent but I’ve never liked him, even long before all of his shenanigans.

#348 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27844 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:51 AM

View Postgoose, on 25 January 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

Tiger at 25:1 to win this weekend at the Framers.  7th best odds in the field.


Seems like 25:1 is fair odds he'll make the cut.
I honestly don't expect much but I am stoked to watch. This feels different than last year in a good way. It will be interesting to see how he's swinging it under the gun. Last year the swing looked bad as if he was manipulating the club and trying to save every shot in some way or another. If he can play, 2018 promises to be a year for the ages on the tour...

Edited by Narps, 25 January 2018 - 11:51 AM.


#349 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 11435 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    The Green Bay Packers
    The Milwaukee Brewers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    And everything astronomical, cosmological, whatever can be measured in light-years.....out there in that Great Big Magnificent Universe!!

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:27 PM

View PostLaurabw, on 25 January 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

Ugh.  I can’t stand him. Not that I don’t appreciate his talent but I’ve never liked him, even long before all of his shenanigans.

I absolutely detested (and still detest) the sports media for making the entire PGA tour all about Tiger Woods.  It was extremely disrespectful towards all the other golfers, especially the ones who were winning the tournaments.  No exaggeration - the lead stories very rarely began with who WON.  They always focused on Tiger Woods losing.  Even the golfers who won, as they were receiving their trophies, were constantly asked about Tiger Woods.  It made me sick.

#350 Laurabw

Laurabw

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 582 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:03 PM

I totally agree. There are so many good golfers nowadays and every time Tiger is anywhere in the vicinity they’re all forgotten.

#351 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 60172 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Ted Nugent, Your Mom

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:39 PM

View PostNarps, on 25 January 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 25 January 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

Tiger at 25:1 to win this weekend at the Framers.  7th best odds in the field.


Seems like 25:1 is fair odds he'll make the cut.
I honestly don't expect much but I am stoked to watch. This feels different than last year in a good way. It will be interesting to see how he's swinging it under the gun. Last year the swing looked bad as if he was manipulating the club and trying to save every shot in some way or another. If he can play, 2018 promises to be a year for the ages on the tour...
I love your optimism!   Golf sure could use a little Tiger to make things interesting this year.

#352 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 60172 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Ted Nugent, Your Mom

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:41 PM

View PostLaurabw, on 25 January 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

I totally agree. There are so many good golfers nowadays and every time Tiger is anywhere in the vicinity they’re all forgotten.
It was like that when Arnie and Jack were in their primes as well.  Nature of the media beast.

#353 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 74055 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:13 PM

View Postgoose, on 25 January 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

Tiger at 25:1 to win this weekend at the Framers.  7th best odds in the field.


Seems like 25:1 is fair odds he'll make the cut.
You'd think James Madison's descendants would be able to afford sponsorship of their own tournament instead of going in with the progeny of all those other guys.

#354 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 60172 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Ted Nugent, Your Mom

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:03 AM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 25 January 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 25 January 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

Tiger at 25:1 to win this weekend at the Framers.  7th best odds in the field.


Seems like 25:1 is fair odds he'll make the cut.
You'd think James Madison's descendants would be able to afford sponsorship of their own tournament instead of going in with the progeny of all those other guys.
:lol:

#355 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 60172 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Ted Nugent, Your Mom

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:49 AM

View Postgoose, on 25 January 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

View PostLaurabw, on 25 January 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

I totally agree. There are so many good golfers nowadays and every time Tiger is anywhere in the vicinity they’re all forgotten.
It was like that when Arnie and Jack were in their primes as well.  Nature of the media beast.
Sure enough, today Sportscenter had a long piece on Tiger's first round, showing poor shots & good (both followed by the same surly Tiger reaction), and finishing with stats showing a par finish despite having one of his worst putting days in years.

Oh...and some dude went 7-under.

#356 Laurabw

Laurabw

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 582 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:18 AM

View Postgoose, on 26 January 2018 - 09:49 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 25 January 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

View PostLaurabw, on 25 January 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

I totally agree. There are so many good golfers nowadays and every time Tiger is anywhere in the vicinity they’re all forgotten.
It was like that when Arnie and Jack were in their primes as well.  Nature of the media beast.
Sure enough, today Sportscenter had a long piece on Tiger's first round, showing poor shots & good (both followed by the same surly Tiger reaction), and finishing with stats showing a par finish despite having one of his worst putting days in years.

Oh...and some dude went 7-under.
This is what I’m saying.

#357 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 74055 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

This question came up on "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" this week (I'm paraphrasing but all of the key points are correct),    Has anyone here heard of this?

Extremely rare, this is the term for shooting four under par on a hole.

a)  Owl
b)  Condor
c)  Goose

I can't remember the other answer.

According to Google, this has only been done twice (or four times, depending on the site).

I figured it was "our" goose now that he's retired, but apparently this is not the case.    No word on whether Kim Jong Il ever performed the feat (or more likely whether he did it multiple times, it's hell getting information out of there.

I didn't know for sure but I did end up getting the question right.

#358 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 60172 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Ted Nugent, Your Mom

Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:09 AM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 26 January 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

This question came up on "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" this week (I'm paraphrasing but all of the key points are correct),    Has anyone here heard of this?

Extremely rare, this is the term for shooting four under par on a hole.

a)  Owl
b)  Condor
c)  Goose

I can't remember the other answer.

According to Google, this has only been done twice (or four times, depending on the site).

I figured it was "our" goose now that he's retired, but apparently this is not the case.    No word on whether Kim Jong Il ever performed the feat (or more likely whether he did it multiple times, it's hell getting information out of there.

I didn't know for sure but I did end up getting the question right.
I've actually made an albatross (-3 on a hole) by getting a hole in one on a par 4.  An ace on a par 5 is quite an accomplishment!  I can see it happening on an extreme dogleg by cutting the corner.

#359 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 74055 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:38 AM

View Postgoose, on 27 January 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 26 January 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

This question came up on "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" this week (I'm paraphrasing but all of the key points are correct), Has anyone here heard of this?

Extremely rare, this is the term for shooting four under par on a hole.

a)  Owl
b)  Condor
c)  Goose

I can't remember the other answer.

According to Google, this has only been done twice (or four times, depending on the site).

I figured it was "our" goose now that he's retired, but apparently this is not the case. No word on whether Kim Jong Il ever performed the feat (or more likely whether he did it multiple times, it's hell getting information out of there.

I didn't know for sure but I did end up getting the question right.
I've actually made an albatross (-3 on a hole) by getting a hole in one on a par 4.  An ace on a par 5 is quite an accomplishment!  I can see it happening on an extreme dogleg by cutting the corner.
Congratulations, you Saracen dog...pretty impressive.   I'd love to have one, but I'm like Artie Fufkin when it comes to windmills.

#360 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 60172 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Ted Nugent, Your Mom

Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:52 PM

Tiger went 2-under on Saturday. Hmmm...




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users