Jump to content


Official PGA Tour Thread


  • Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#321 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 54064 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:33 PM

Pretty good tourney going on at the Tour Championship.  :)

Sponsored Post

#322 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27726 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:06 PM

View Postgoose, on 22 September 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

Pretty good tourney going on at the Tour Championship.  :)
Yep. Waiting for my boy to have a breakout round during these playoffs but it hasn't happened yet and may not. Since he didn't win the PGA he has been struggling to post any good scores. He's lurking at 4 under but needs a breakout round. Two more chances...

Edited by Narps, 22 September 2017 - 11:07 PM.


#323 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 54064 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:42 PM

Spieth just made a heck of a par to start his round, missing the fairway off the tee, to a greenside bunker from the rough, and a sand save up & down.

Johnson made double bogie.

#324 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 54064 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

The pros are amazing their ability to bounce back.  After his lead-off double bogie, DJ knocks it dead stiff at the par three 2nd.

#325 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 54064 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

Paul Casey killing it today.

#326 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27726 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

My boy Kisner killing it today...

#327 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 54064 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:21 PM

View PostNarps, on 23 September 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

My boy Kisner killing it today...
:cheerleader:

#328 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 54064 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:41 PM

So, Justin Thomas edges out Spieth for the FedEx Cup with a second place finish.  Xander Schauffle gets the tourney win, which probably would have paid pretty well as a bet.

#329 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27726 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

View Postgoose, on 26 September 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

So, Justin Thomas edges out Spieth for the FedEx Cup with a second place finish.  Xander Schauffle gets the tourney win, which probably would have paid pretty well as a bet.
Yep you gotta give it up to Schauffle as the guy was money. Kisner hit it all over the ballpark and still shot 70 so I gotta give him some props for hanging in. Casey is apparently just a choker and just can't get it done. Seems an excellent player otherwise and a nice bloke...

#330 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 54064 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:55 AM

View PostNarps, on 26 September 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 26 September 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

So, Justin Thomas edges out Spieth for the FedEx Cup with a second place finish.  Xander Schauffle gets the tourney win, which probably would have paid pretty well as a bet.
Yep you gotta give it up to Schauffle as the guy was money. Kisner hit it all over the ballpark and still shot 70 so I gotta give him some props for hanging in. Casey is apparently just a choker and just can't get it done. Seems an excellent player otherwise and a nice bloke...
I didn't see the finish.  What happened to Casey down the stretch?

ETA:  Found this bit...

Having looked so confident in his first 54 holes, this was his worst score of the week by seven shots. When he needed it, Casey just could not produce and his expression afterwards said it all. He declined to talk afterwards, rushing off.

To be fair, there was so much riding on this result. Not only had Casey not won in eight years on the PGA Tour, and for four seasons anywhere, but there was the little matter of £8.5m in his sights. It will surely be of no comfort to know that Thomas would have denied him collecting the FedEx bonus even if he had won. Casey was plainly desperate for this trophy.
Alas, he bogeyed two of the first five to surrender his advantage and another followed on the ninth. The former world No 3 was still in touch at that point and even had a sniff with four to go. But he ensured his woe by pushing his tee-shot into the water on the par-three 15th. There was a danger  Casey would be the only player in the field not to birdie a hole all day, but he made a four up the par-five 18th. Again, no solace whatsoever.

http://www.telegraph...r-championship/

Edited by goose, 27 September 2017 - 09:58 AM.


#331 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 54064 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

Just saw Scauffele's humorous final putt, which almost rimmed out.  I can relate. :lol:

https://www.cbssport...take-fedex-cup/

Edited by goose, 27 September 2017 - 10:57 AM.


#332 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27726 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:43 AM

View Postgoose, on 27 September 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

Just saw Scauffele's humorous final putt, which almost rimmed out.  I can relate. :lol:

https://www.cbssport...take-fedex-cup/
:lol: he really jammed that one in and almost out. He laughed himself. It was hilarious before the next group could putt they called an official in to fix some damage to the cup. They were joking because it was right in the spot were Schauffele's final putt hit the inside left of the hole...lol

#333 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 54064 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:53 PM

View PostNarps, on 27 September 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 27 September 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

Just saw Scauffele's humorous final putt, which almost rimmed out.  I can relate. :lol:

https://www.cbssport...take-fedex-cup/
:lol: he really jammed that one in and almost out. He laughed himself. It was hilarious before the next group could putt they called an official in to fix some damage to the cup. They were joking because it was right in the spot were Schauffele's final putt hit the inside left of the hole...lol
Hammer hands.

#334 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 426 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:47 PM

I volunteered at the Presidents cup for a couple of days. Got to see the three presidents at the opening ceremony and then all the players quite close up as they exited the hole I was marshaling at.  Got high fives from Phil and DJ ,whoop!

#335 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 54064 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:02 PM

 Laurabw, on 02 October 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

I volunteered at the Presidents cup for a couple of days. Got to see the three presidents at the opening ceremony and then all the players quite close up as they exited the hole I was marshaling at.  Got high fives from Phil and DJ ,whoop!
Very cool!  Any pics?

#336 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 426 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:46 PM

 goose, on 03 October 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

 Laurabw, on 02 October 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

I volunteered at the Presidents cup for a couple of days. Got to see the three presidents at the opening ceremony and then all the players quite close up as they exited the hole I was marshaling at.  Got high fives from Phil and DJ ,whoop!
Very cool!  Any pics?
yes, but I don't know how to put them on here, but if you want to check out my instagram, they're on there: lbw16.
)Also two clips from the Classic Albums live on there)

#337 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 54064 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:51 PM

 Laurabw, on 03 October 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

 goose, on 03 October 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

 Laurabw, on 02 October 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

I volunteered at the Presidents cup for a couple of days. Got to see the three presidents at the opening ceremony and then all the players quite close up as they exited the hole I was marshaling at.  Got high fives from Phil and DJ ,whoop!
Very cool!  Any pics?
yes, but I don't know how to put them on here, but if you want to check out my instagram, they're on there: lbw16.
)Also two clips from the Classic Albums live on there)
To post pics here you can copy-paste from another online host site (eg, facebook or imgur).  Nor sure if exchange-a-gram works.  :)

#338 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 426 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

Here is link to vid with presidents on my FB. https://www.facebook...55246409673277/
And Phil: https://www.facebook...18923276&type=3

#339 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 54064 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:50 AM

View PostLaurabw, on 03 October 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

Here is link to vid with presidents on my FB. https://www.facebook...55246409673277/
And Phil: https://www.facebook...18923276&type=3
Cool pics!

I just sent you a FB friend request.

- Allen

#340 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 426 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

View Postgoose, on 04 October 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

View PostLaurabw, on 03 October 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

Here is link to vid with presidents on my FB. https://www.facebook...55246409673277/
And Phil: https://www.facebook...3276&type=3
Cool pics!

I just sent you a FB friend request.

- Allen
I saw it before I read this, so I deleted it, so I sent you one, LOL .




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users