Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

http://i.ebayimg.com/06/!BZv4T)!BGk~$(KGrHgoOKigEjlLmbZRpBKoK-hs8pQ~~_35.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Guess who's -5 and in the lead at the PGA?

My man, Jimmy Walker!

• Like 1

I liked this comment...

Ty WengerESPN Editor

http://a.espncdn.com/i/columnists/wenger_ty_m.jpg

Hey look, Rich Beem is partying like it's 1999! (OK, technically he's partying like it's 2002, when he won the PGA Championship, his only major, and his last PGA Tour win.) Beem has opened with birdies on his first two holes.

LOL, Phil first drive today had to wait for the stop lights to change before crossing the road... then his provisional went way to the other side. Rough start Edited by Lost In Xanadu

http://i.ebayimg.com/06/!BZv4T)!BGk~$(KGrHgoOKigEjlLmbZRpBKoK-hs8pQ~~_35.JPG?set_id=8800005007

My man, Jimmy Walker!

followed up his 65 with a 66 today

My man, Jimmy Walker!

followed up his 65 with a 66 today

What you talking 'bout, LiX?

:LOL:

Let's see if he can keep things rolling on Moving Day. The Wife is flying out on a Girls' trip, so I have all day to watch golf. :haz:

Man, I watched most of the round yesterday and forgot... how is that possible... About Streb hitting 63. Sure par is only 70, but a 63 is still pretty impressive
  • Like 1

Man, I watched most of the round yesterday and forgot... how is that possible... About Streb hitting 63. Sure par is only 70, but a 63 is still pretty impressive

:yes:

What's tougher, a 7-birdie bogeyless round with no par 5's or a 9-birdie bogeyless round with four par 5's?

Hmmm...

What's tougher, a 7-birdie bogeyless round with no par 5's or a 9-birdie bogeyless round with four par 5's?

Hmmm...

there are 2 par 5s
  • Like 1

Hmmm...

I'd say that the no-par 5 courses are harder (for those who want to score way under par). You never get to putt for an eagle.

• Like 2

Hmmm...

there are 2 par 5s

Oh, yeah. :LOL: That explains the 2-stroke difference. Ooops.

Hmmm...

I'd say that the no-par 5 courses are harder (for those who want to score way under par). You never get to putt for an eagle.

Two less eagle opportunities, any way. PM cleared that up for us.

In general, par 5's almost always play under par. And you're right, making eagle on a par 5 is way easier than on a par 4. I had two par 5 eagle putts yesterday, as a matter of fact. One was about 12 feet to a cup that turned out to be on a crown, so it broke both ways. I missed right, and the guy that followed played that break and it turned left.

I made birdie on both of those par fives, and a third par 5 where I sank a 65 footer. A good day on the links.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Too many commercials is making this unwatchable...

Wait...what are they showing here? Weather delay...

Edited by goose

Some interesting conversation about Jordan Spieth's drop on a cart path yesterday. He landed in a puddle on a cart path, and was entitled to free relief from casual water. He then had to place it after dropping didn't give him full relief. After placing it, he took a stance where the water he was in now impeded his stance, so he hovered his foot above it. The question: Did Jordan take full relief as required by the rule?

Jordan was ok because he didn't actually touch the water. Your stance is your stance.

Well, I'm watching on delay and Jimmy is still plugging away. One up on Day and Stenson, who are at -10. Walker just found the greenside bunker at hole 10. Fluffy lie...

Jars it!!!!!

Two up at -12 after ten holes!

And he's follows his sandy/birdie at #10 with a 20+ foot putt for birdie at #11!

:dweez:

Stenson and Day have to hear those cheers behind them...

Edited by goose

Jason Day EAGLES 18 to get within one stroke. Not.....good.....enough!! :doh:
  • Like 1