Meaningful Quotations

x1yyz

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference ..

― Elie Wiesel

• Like 2

One of my art teachers used to say "time is a gift," meaning that you shouldn't waste it. He used to teach at 3 different institutions. Now he runs his own school (atelier).
  • Like 1

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference ..

― Elie Wiesel

AKA: Beware the nihilist

8159e6cb4a21106c27d067133f437b95.jpg

Ethnocentrism is one thing, but I see nothing wrong with people who are proud of their heritages. Good on them.

If someone's born with lower limb reductions, a genetic accident, then sure they should be proud. A lot of that would be due to what Carlin's saying about achieving yourself, since the child would be adapting to the disability, but there still is nothing wrong with being proud about something innate about you.

All I really took from this George Carlin quote was this: George Carlin doesn't understand the definition of pride.

That's a good point I hadn't really taken into consideration before posting, I agree.

I just googled 'pride' to get an exact definition and judging by my results I think 'pride' means 'gay' now ..

― Elie Wiesel

This one's got a lot to think and feel about.

Very accurate! :clap:

• Like 1

http://cdn.doublequotes.net/michael-stipe-quotes/about-felt/ive-always-felt-that-sexuality-is-a-really-slippery-thing-in-this-day-and-age-403x403-nk32fi.jpg

I particularly think labels belong to bottles.

Am I a bottle?

Nope. ;)

:finbar:

"I like a canvas to breathe and be alive. Be alive is the point. And, as the limitations are called pigment and canvas, let's see if I can do it."

(Lee Krasner)

Edited by Verena
  • Like 2

"If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere

insidious committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate

them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good

and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing

to destroy a piece of his own heart?"

- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago 1918-1956

http://wwwcdn.artistsnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2-art-competitions-070716-Neil-Gaiman.png Edited by Boots