KJ's NASCAR Pick'em 2016

KenJennings

Since LABT went MIA (I hope all is well), blueschika has been on a tear, and this is gonna be a race right to the wire.

Sorry for not getting a pick in, I was out of pocket most of the weekend... but honestly was planning on going with Logano this week anyways, so it worked out.

Despite the win strong finish, it looks like I'm officially eliminated from championship contention this week; but I'm still hoping I can end the season as the sole win-leader. I've got a solid stable still available, and I'm gonna be swinging for victories. :)

• Like 1

Yes, I hope everything is OK with LABT as well. Nice to have you back this week, Ken! I was in SOCN for a few days but I couldn't keep up with the threads; wow, it was impressive how much thinking and discussion goes on in there. Our picks-

blueschica--the 20, Matt Kenseth

Mr. blues-- the 88, Alex Bowman

Edited by blueschica

Well, some bad communication by Kenseth's spotter sure messed up my pick! And his chance for the chase, too! :(. I hate those stinking green white checker restarts to end races. Edited by blueschica

I'll take Kurt Busch this week. And Jimmie Johnson next weekend.

Both those drivers are unavailable for you. You've used both in the chase: Kurt at New Hampshire and Jimmie at Martinsville.

The default driver for you was Chase Elliott at Phoenix, good news is it only cost you 4 points in the end.

Week ThirtyFive Results

Can-Am 500 (Phoenix)

laughedatbytime - P1 (36) 1048 pts 3w

Used: Alex Bowman, Austin Dillon, Joey Logano, Brad Keselowski, Kyle Busch, Martin Truex, Kyle Larson, Carl Edwards, Matt Kenseth

blueschica - P2 (21) 1022 pts 2w

Used: Matt Kenseth, Carl Edwards, Joey Logano, Chase Elliott, Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, Brad Keselowski, Denny Hamlin, Kyle Larson

KenJennings - P3 (37) 950 pts 3w

Used: Kevin Harvick, Joey Logano, Jimmie Johnson, Austin Dillon, Brad Keselowski, Alex Bowman, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Larson, Chase Elliott

Mr. blues - P4 (36) 904 pts 1w

Used: Alex Bowman, Austin Dillon, Denny Hamlin, Martin Truex, Matt Kenseth, Carl Edwards, Kasey Kahne, Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Busch

Cygnus 2112 - P5 (32) 861 pts 1w

Used: Chase Elliott, Austin Dillon, Jimmie Johnson, Alex Bowman, Joey Logano, Martin Truex, Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Kyle Larson

Racer X - n/a (36) 846 pts 0w

Used: Alex Bowman, Austin Dillon, Joey Logano, Martin Truex, Matt Kenseth, Kevin Harvick, Brad Keselowski, Carl Edwards, Kyle Busch

Edited by KenJennings

I'll take Kurt Busch this week. And Jimmie Johnson next weekend.

Both those drivers are unavailable for you. You've used both in the chase: Kurt at New Hampshire and Jimmie at Martinsville.

The default driver for you was Chase Elliott at Phoenix, good news is it only cost you 4 points in the end.

Not sure how I missed both of those.

Congrats to Johnny Sauter on the Truck Series title, doing the old ASA tradition proud. Nice to see a guy I used to watch locally win the title. I used to be a real big fan of his brother Jay. Was always one of the coolest guys around the MN State Fairgrounds race when I was a kid. I never met Johnny, but he's paid his dues, and I'm happy for him.

And then today we got Daniel Suarez as the Xfinity champ. NASCAR's first foreign-born champ. I like this kid, and think he's got a good future ahead of him!

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 1

Thank you, Ken, for running this all year! It's been a lot of fun. (ANDIREALLYHOPEICANMAKEUP46PTSTODAYTOWIN) ;) ;) as I said, it's been fun and makes watching the races more interesting!

OK for today- I'm hoping going for the championship will light a fire under Jimmy Johnson and not make me regret this- blueschica- Jimmy Johnson- 48

Mr. blues- Tony Stewart - 14

Humbled to have seen Jimmie win each of his seven. He hasn't always been my favorite driver, but it's been history. Honest congrats to the 48 team.

Today the 48 team just did what they always do. They turn an under performing race into a victory. I can't tell you how many times Jimmie has taken a 10th-15th place car, and fought it out for top-5 or even a win. You want to know why Jimmie, Chad and team 48 are celebrating their seventh? Watch today's race again, they weren't that good, but they still won. They just aren't quitters, and their bad days are more likely victories than most peoples' good days. They have a rare sense of determination that I haven't seen since... well... since Dale.

I can't tell you how much respect I have for that.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 3

Humbled to have seen Jimmie win each of his seven. He hasn't always been my favorite driver, but it's been history. Honest congrats to the 48 team.

Today the 48 team just did what they always do. They turn an under performing race into a victory. I can't tell you how many times Jimmie has taken a 10th-15th place car, and fought it out for top-5 or even a win. You want to know why Jimmie, Chad and team 48 are celebrating their seventh? Watch today's race again, they weren't that good, but they still won. They just aren't quitters, and their bad days are more likely victories than most peoples' good days. They have a rare sense of determination that I haven't seen since... well... since Dale.

I can't tell you how much respect I have for that.

Well said.

You don't win 7 championships by accident. Like him or not, he is a great driver on an great team. Simple as that.

• Like 1

Doosh.

Fixed that one for ya. Was really hoping Edwards would have hung on but he got in the way on the re-start and blew it.

It's been a great year for Edwards and it would have been nice to see him bring home the Cup. As Ken said above, though, got to give it up to Jimmy Johnson for pulling it out after all the trouble his car had yesterday, and for always hanging in there.

Discussion question though- do you want to be Jimmy Johnson now, though? A ton of people are watching you, now, to see if you can ever win championship #8. Although it seems like he would be good at handling it.

It was a shame to see Edwards get wrecked after having the dominant car all day, good on Jimmie for capitalizing on it. Why didn't they talk to anybody else involved in the wreck during the 30 minute red flag. They didn't even tell us if Truex Jr, was ok, and his car was engulfed in flames.
  • Like 2

It was a shame to see Edwards get wrecked after having the dominant car all day, good on Jimmie for capitalizing on it. Why didn't they talk to anybody else involved in the wreck during the 30 minute red flag. They didn't even tell us if Truex Jr, was ok, and his car was engulfed in flames.

I noticed that too. Kasey Kahne took a huge hit in that wreck, and they never even showed him getting out of his car.

Final Results 2016

Ford 400 (Homestead)

laughedatbytime - P1 (39) 1087 pts 3w

Used: Kevin Harvick, Alex Bowman, Austin Dillon, Joey Logano, Brad Keselowski, Kyle Busch, Martin Truex, Kyle Larson, Carl Edwards, Matt Kenseth

blueschica - P2 (44) 1066 pts 2w

Used: Jimmie Johnson, Matt Kenseth, Carl Edwards, Joey Logano, Chase Elliott, Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, Brad Keselowski, Denny Hamlin, Kyle Larson

KenJennings - P3 (8) 958 pts 3w

Used: Carl Edwards, Kevin Harvick, Joey Logano, Jimmie Johnson, Austin Dillon, Brad Keselowski, Alex Bowman, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Larson, Chase Elliott

Mr. blues - P4 (19) 923 pts 1w

Used: Tony Stewart, Alex Bowman, Austin Dillon, Denny Hamlin, Martin Truex, Matt Kenseth, Carl Edwards, Kasey Kahne, Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Busch

Cygnus 2112 - P5 (39) 900 pts 1w

Used: Kevin Harvick, Chase Elliott, Austin Dillon, Jimmie Johnson, Alex Bowman, Joey Logano, Martin Truex, Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Kyle Larson

Racer X - n/a (16) 862 pts 0w

Used: Ryan Newman, Alex Bowman, Austin Dillon, Joey Logano, Martin Truex, Matt Kenseth, Kevin Harvick, Brad Keselowski, Carl Edwards, Kyle Busch

Congrats LABT!

Congratulations, LABT ! :cheers: You were great at picking the winners, for sure!

And thanks again, Ken, for keeping track of the points and running the race game. It was a lot of fun through the season! I hope you think about running it in 2017.

I picked out two different trophies for LABT- one is more typical and one is very unique! I couldn't make up my mind. If LABT were here, he could pick one-

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/RF800-2T.jpg http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/car-race-show-trophy-awards-zjqwCm.jpg

• Like 1