The "OFFICIAL" MIAMI DOLPHINS 2016-2017 thread. Dan Marino absolutely ***DEMANDS*** a Super Bowl Championship from this team or death with ensue!

treeduck

Dolphins want to keep Lamar Miller

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 15, 2016, 3:08 PM EST

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwy3ymziyzhjmtvmymfiyzkxzjm5zguxn2y5mje3n2ri.jpeg?w=250

As the Dolphins head into free agency, they’re prioritizing running back Lamar Miller.

Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins are more bullish on Miller than on fellow free agent to be Olivier Vernon, and the Dolphins “definitely” want Miller back in 2016.

But, of course, the question is whether the Dolphins will spend the money it takes. Beasley pegs Miller’s asking price at $5 million a year, which is a lot for a running back in today’s NFL. Last year, the only free agent running back who got more than $4 million a year was DeMarco Murray, who got a five-year, $40 million deal with the Eagles.

In his four seasons with the Dolphins, Miller has 638 carries for 2,930 yards and 19 touchdowns. Last year he started all 16 games and had 194 carries for 872 yards and eight touchdowns.

Report: No serious talks between Dolphins, Olivier Vernon yet

Posted by Josh Alper on February 15, 2016, 3:15 PM EST

457653086-e1455567333980.jpg?w=250

It’s a little more than three weeks until the start of the new league year and a couple of weeks until the deadline for teams to use the franchise tag, which means there should start to be contract talks between impending free agents and their current teams.

One player that will likely be approached is Dolphins defensive end Olivier Vernon, although Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that there haven’t been any “serious contract talks” between the two sides at this point and that Vernon is waiting to find out how much the Dolphins are willing to offer.

Vernon closed the year with 5.5 sacks in the final eight weeks and has 29 sacks overall over his four years in Miami. That leaves him as one of the top pass rushers headed for the open market this offseason and, given the constant need for pass rushers, in good position to land a sizable contract.

The Dolphins could keep him from the market by using the franchise tag. Going that route would take some cap maneuvering that would likely include restructuring defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh’s contract and could mean the end of Cam Wake’s run in Miami. Whichever way they go, there’s some work to be done in Miami as they set up their defense for next season.

AFC East leader board for 2016

Patriots

Bills

Jets

Dolphins

You're going to upset Dan!

dan_marino-sf.jpg?w=490

Is this,

The Marino who was caught cheating on his wife? And then it was swept under the rug by the media. :cool: Must be Brady's fault.

Edited by troutman

Patriots

Bills

Jets

Dolphins

dan_marino-sf.jpg?w=490

Is this,

The Marino who was caught cheating on his wife? And then it was swept under the rug by the media. :cool: Must be Brady's fault.

Or Charles Woodson because he got the Heisman over Peyton Manning!

Patriots

Bills

Jets

Dolphins

dan_marino-sf.jpg?w=490

Is this,

Must have been that sexual assault charge. :syrinx:

• Like 1

Patriots

Bills

Jets

Dolphins

dan_marino-sf.jpg?w=490

Is this,

Ironically irrelevant post is irrelevant and ironic.

More ironic than irrelevant.

Signed,

Single mother Bridget Moynihan and Tom Brady's son.

Patriots

Bills

Jets

Dolphins

dan_marino-sf.jpg?w=490

Is this,

Fifteenth anniversary of the Tuck Rule game this year. Who knew you'd be a full fledged Brady apologist so quickly.

Patriots

Bills

Jets

Dolphins

dan_marino-sf.jpg?w=490

Is this,

Fifteenth anniversary of the Tuck Rule game this year. Who knew you'd be a full fledged Brady apologist so quickly.

is it 15 years already?

Patriots

Bills

Jets

Dolphins

dan_marino-sf.jpg?w=490

Is this,

is it 15 years already?

Next season...

Patriots

Bills

Jets

Dolphins

dan_marino-sf.jpg?w=490

Is this,

is it 15 years already?

Next season...

What do you think of your brand new Dolphins thread?

Just wondering why a saints fan cares...

I'm a Saints fan but I'm also a football fan. One team can't make a league...

f**k the Dolphins though

if you really wanted to do that you could give them the Bucs braintrust. Good luck playing a real schedule next year.

• Like 1

f**k the Dolphins though

if you really wanted to do that you could give them the Bucs braintrust. Good luck playing a real schedule next year.

f**k the Dolphins though

Most AFC teams don't really bother me.

f**k the Dolphins though

Maybe it's a Florida rivalry thing? :huh:

f**k the Dolphins though

Maybe it's a Florida rivalry thing? :huh:

Nah, the Bucs unis are a crime against football.