MP signed & framed ltd ed photo set

HalfwayToGone

Stumbled onto this just now. Looks like three separately framed prints. 100 sets only for the spendy and quick to notice. They'll probably be gone soon.

https://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage/collectibles/rush-moving-pictures-signed-and-framed-limited-edition-photo-set.html

Thanks for posting but I dislike when the Backstage Club does this to piggyback on the fun of an album's anniversary. Wayyyy too expensive for this fan and not my favorite photos of the guys from that era. As my sister always says, though, if someone gave it to me as a gift I would take it! :D :D
  • Like 4

I wouldn't doubt that you see SEVERAL of them on E-Bay at a later date at a significantly higher price!

When I said something to my wife about them (as a joke) she said "Well...if you can buy two, and sell one of them on E-bay for twice the price, I'd let you do it!" Then she said if I spent $1800.00 on line she'd kill me in my sleep!

• Like 1

I wouldn't doubt that you see SEVERAL of them on E-Bay at a later date at a significantly higher price!

When I said something to my wife about them (as a joke) she said "Well...if you can buy two, and sell one of them on E-bay for twice the price, I'd let you do it!" Then she said if I spent $1800.00 on line she'd kill me in my sleep!

They're already showing up on eBay. Which is dumb, because eBay transactions have to be complete within 30 days, and this won't ship til April. But people are greedy. Some guy on eBay is scarfing up every R40 Icon snare drum that shows up at retail the second any go online, and then reselling them at a $500 markup. And that's not even the fake stuff out there--badly forged autographs, etc.

At least this time the rush mailing list got a heads up on this before or right when they put it on sale. I got an email early Saturday morning with it snuck in toward the bottom with no images, missed it, and found it in the online store Sunday.

They're already showing up on eBay. Which is dumb, because eBay transactions have to be complete within 30 days, and this won't ship til April. But people are greedy. Some guy on eBay is scarfing up every R40 Icon snare drum that shows up at retail the second any go online, and then reselling them at a $500 markup. And that's not even the fake stuff out there--badly forged autographs, etc.

At least this time the rush mailing list got a heads up on this before or right when they put it on sale. I got an email early Saturday morning with it snuck in toward the bottom with no images, missed it, and found it in the online store Sunday.

That's pathetic...the freaking greed anymore is just off the charts! I've been a huge advocate for making scalping illegal again! Although when it was "technically" illegal, people were getting away with selling a pack of matches for $500.00, but they come with a set of two Rush front row seats!

I got seats for a Rose Bowl game a few years back, and when I found out I wasn't able to go, I put the tickets up on one of the sites (at MY cost since there were handling fees etc.) So I wasn't making anything at all (and possibly losing on shipping) The tickets were purchased, and then I was instructed to take them to a Fed Ex place with the "shipping" info he had me print off, and send them to an entirely different person. My wife went to see if she could see the second transaction, and the guy made like $50. per ticket! Maybe I just need to do THAT as a job!

I'd have bought it if I liked it. Fortunately for my wallet, last thing I liked was the Clockwork Angels litho. At least I think that was the last thing.

I passed on all the bar stools and custom record awards and bobbleheads, etc....

That's pathetic...the freaking greed anymore is just off the charts!

I've found that a seller's "greed" can be directly proportional to a consumer's stupidity. But markets are psychological, so what do I know? Turns out that an outrageous $32 million for a Picasso two decades ago yielded a return of $90 million when sold recently. Of course...there's only one of those...and it's by Picasso. http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/05/11/two-art-works-top-100-million-each-at-christies-sale/?_r=0
  • Like 3

:o You passed on the bobbleheads???? :o

I received the three bobbleheads years ago as a Christmas gift. "There's no place for those things in our bedroom" (per my wife), and I was worried about putting them into my nine year old boy's bedroom or our basement, as they might become playtoys and get quickly demolished. So instead they rest on a high shelf in my son's bathroom. Yes, Geddy and Co. has overseen the entire toilet training process, and as he'll be a teenager soon, they'll shortly enjoy the privilege of watching him engage in equally appalling behavior, I'm sure. Such is the existence of a bobblehead.
  • Like 2

:o You passed on the bobbleheads???? :o

I received the three bobbleheads years ago as a Christmas gift. "There's no place for those things in our bedroom" (per my wife), and I was worried about putting them into my nine year old boy's bedroom or our basement, as they might become playtoys and get quickly demolished. So instead they rest on a high shelf in my son's bathroom. Yes, Geddy and Co. has overseen the entire toilet training process, and as he'll be a teenager soon, they'll shortly enjoy the privilege of watching him engage in equally appalling behavior, I'm sure. Such is the existence of a bobblehead.

:LOL: I don't have them but, honestly, it is the one thing they sell that I would love to have. Every time I would look at them, I'd laugh. Maybe I'd even start talking to them, then get their heads to nod in agreement at anything I said. :LOL: :cool:

• Like 1

Hah, my wife would probably kill me if I added one more thing to the shelves in our family room....I have mostly Penn State stuff, and books, but there are a few other things I've accumulated over the years, diving related stuff, old concert videos and documentaries (the ones on these shelves are what I DON'T have on DVD on another rack) A lot of the books I have are music related, In the bottom left corner is my new "Art of Rush" book, up on the top shelf is my R40 video set...and some other cool stuff.... The bobble heads were headed there...but I got the serious "hairy eyeball" when I was going to hit "order"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/jaminbenb/2016-02-18%2017.07.47_zpshwkhx81p.jpg

Edited by Jaminbenb
  • Like 3

If you don't mind me saying, with all the stuff you already have, what possible difference would three little bobbleheads make? :LOL: You could scatter them about - Geddy one place, Al another, and Neil in another.

I'd keep mine right here on the computer desk so they wouldn't miss a thing. :)