Rush in RRHoF Museum

apetersvt

Looks like I will be in Ohio on a work trip coming up soon. I will have the chance to take a vacation day and use that to make it the the HoF museum. I have never been there.

So, what Rush stuff is there to check out??

I went in 2013, and from what I can remember they had:

Both doublenecks from Alex and Geddy

A pair of sticks from Neil

A Test For Echo tourbook

An official stage setlist for the Snakes tour

Some random clothes from way back when (not the kimonos)

I can't remember what else they had.

• Like 3

I've been there a few times and the Rush display was okay but I visited last right after they were inducted. I'm not sure how much of the display is still up. Even without the Rush stuff, it is still worth the visit. Lots of cool artifacts like the hand written lyrics to "Purple Haze".

http://www.jd-photography.net/pics/IMG_0953.JPG

• Like 10

Thank you everyone for the responses. Even if there is no Rush stuff there anymore, I will probably try to make it anyways.

Surprised that you were able to get pictures...some of the people working there were pretty nasty if you tried to get a pic of something when I was there several years back (and wearing a Rush T-shirt before they were inducted or even being considered for induction)

I DID sneak a few pics of Floyd's stuff.... I had my wife act as a look out!

• Like 1

Surprised that you were able to get pictures...some of the people working there were pretty nasty if you tried to get a pic of something when I was there several years back (and wearing a Rush T-shirt before they were inducted or even being considered for induction)

I openly had my iPhone out the whole time. No one said a thing.

Wow, maybe they changed attitude! I was taking a picture of the Queen display, and someone in a HOF shirt said "no pictures allowed!"

Wow, maybe they changed attitude! I was taking a picture of the Queen display, and someone in a HOF shirt said "no pictures allowed!"

Did you get a picture of him..? I would have !

• Like 2

Well, I did make my trip to the RRHoF. Unfortunately, the Rush exhibit was taken down. It didn't see one single Rush related item in there (not a surprise). Was also looking forward to see some LedZep stuff but the only thing they had was a JPJ bass and outfit.

Of course, they had Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, and Katy Perry stuff.

But highlights for me were seeing 3 of Jerry Garcia's guitars (Rosebud and Lighting Bolt), Duane Allman's SG he used for slide, as well as all of the Hendrix stuff.

Also, they told me when I got my ticket that I could take as many pictures as I wanted as long as I didn't use a flash. I took a bunch.

• Like 3

Well, I did make my trip to the RRHoF. Unfortunately, the Rush exhibit was taken down. It didn't see one single Rush related item in there (not a surprise). Was also looking forward to see some LedZep stuff but the only thing they had was a JPJ bass and outfit.

Of course, they had Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, and Katy Perry stuff.

But highlights for me were seeing 3 of Jerry Garcia's guitars (Rosebud and Lighting Bolt), Duane Allman's SG he used for slide, as well as all of the Hendrix stuff.

Also, they told me when I got my ticket that I could take as many pictures as I wanted as long as I didn't use a flash. I took a bunch.

Too bad about the Rush stuff, Mr. blues and I have thought about going there this summer to see what they have about Rush. And I'm sad I never got to see Janis Joplin's psychedelic Porsche 356 there either. It was out on loan when I went one other time and now I am reading it was sold just before Christmas :(

I'm glad you got to see some stuff that made it worth your while! :) My husband and I went about 18 years ago; it was too long ago to have any Rush stuff in there then, either! We really enjoyed seeing different artists handwritten lyrics- at the time they had quite a few of Bruce Springsteen's songs and some Bob Dylan songs and a John Lennon song. I didn't like seeing people's clothes; I don't know if they bother with that much anymore. They had a Lennon jacket and some other artists' stuff with sweat stains; without the person in them they just look gross, IMO ! :) An enjoyable afternoon, though!

Edited by blueschica

I love Lady Gaga, Beyonce, etc... but how on Earth are they rock n' roll artists?

You realize the RNRHOF is just a shill for Rolling Stone Magazine right?

I realize it, but I also think Rolling Stone Magazine has degenerated.

I love Lady Gaga, Beyonce, etc... but how on Earth are they rock n' roll artists?

Same. Two pop artists I think are wonderful. Mostly as performers. Although Beyoncé's debut Dangerously In Love is one of my all time favourite albums.

• Like 1

Same. Two pop artists I think are wonderful. Mostly as performers. Although Beyoncé's debut Dangerously In Love is one of my all time favourite albums.

I'm not sure you fully understand the meaning of 'favourite' as you over use it and variations of it all the time.

• Like 2

I'm not sure you fully understand the meaning of 'favourite' as you over use it and variations of it all the time.

This is like a 21st century variation on the Inigo Montoya "inconceivable" conversation.

I don't get it. The meaning of favorite since it got reappropriated in modern language has basically come down to being "something I like more than the other things I like". I don't see anything incongruent with that meaning.

What's the proper usage?

I don't see why my list of precious albums has to be restricted to a small number.

And countless times I have said Dangerously In Love is a top twenty album for me. Frequently listed it many times.

• Like 1

I don't get it. The meaning of favorite since it got reappropriated in modern language has basically come down to being "something I like more than the other things I like". I don't see anything incongruent with that meaning.

What's the proper usage?

Segue uses it to suggest any album he quite likes. His bestest mostest favourites are Lacuna Coil albums but he has many just plain old favourites numbering in the hundreds.

• Like 1

I don't see why my list of precious albums has to be restricted to a small number.

And countless times I have said Dangerously In Love is a top twenty album for me. Frequently listed it many times.

The definition of favourite is "preferred to all others of the same kind." Mind you, I've no idea what the children's dictionary definition is.

• Like 2

The definition of favourite is "preferred to all others of the same kind." Mind you, I've no idea what the children's dictionary definition is.

You always have to be rude. I never have an issue answering anything you ask, so not sure why you had to bring up "children's dictionary". But never mind. Moving on...

I do agree I use the term "favourite" a lot more than I perhaps should.

But I am also passionate about a lot of music. I also choose not to rag on about all the stuff I do not like so more often than not all you see is me praising stuff.

• Like 2