Haken! OS version 4.01

LittleRushmonkey

I'm really excited. Am I wrong in remembering that I read somewhere that this is a literal successor to The Mountain? If it is, then all the more to be excited about. That album was near perfection in my mind.
  • Like 1

The Mountain is the only Haken album I don't have (don't ask why; I don't have any good explanation)...so perhaps I'll get both that and the new one at once! Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

If these two singles and the reviews are anything to go be, this album's going to be awesome.
  • Like 2

What pip said. That instrumental section of The Endless Knot, from 2:18 onwards, is worth the buying on its own :notworthy:

They really surprised me with that kind of dubstep bit but i guess i must like it since I've listened to it at least ten times :LOL:

I don't know if it's possible possible to top The Mountain but this album is looking pretty close. I just wish they'd announce a full UK tour.

Edited by LittleRushmonkey
  • Like 1

What pip said. That instrumental section of The Endless Knot, from 2:18 onwards, is worth the buying on its own :notworthy:

They really surprised me with that kind of dubstep bit but i guess i must like it since I've listened to it at least ten times :LOL:

Someone on their FB page said that bit alone was enough to make the album 10 out of 10. Haken's reply: "great! because the rest is total shit" :LOL:

• Like 1

Someone on their FB page said that bit alone was enough to make the album 10 out of 10. Haken's reply: "great! because the rest is total shit" :LOL:

I saw that :LOL: . I love Haken's Facebook page.

In 2013 Stratovarious adopted the dubstep sound on their album "Nemesis". Some people loved it, some hated it. As long as it's not overdone and it maintains a melodic front, I welcome it with open arms. I like dubstep in small increments, sure :)

• Like 1

New Haken video!!

http://youtu.be/IVZHNPyMhMo

Much more impressive & captivating than Initiate

I've listened to it more times in three days than I've listened to Initiate the whole time it's been out.

I like it but I've played Initiate on repeat since it was released and could listen to it all day. The bass and vocals in particular are just sublime.

New Haken video!!

http://youtu.be/IVZHNPyMhMo

Much more impressive & captivating than Initiate

I've listened to it more times in three days than I've listened to Initiate the whole time it's been out.

I like it but I've played Initiate on repeat since it was released and could listen to it all day. The bass and vocals in particular are just sublime.

Connor's bass is really good and the six string that he uses sounds absolutely amazing!

Wait until you guys hear 1985 and The Architect. [i recently reviewed Affinity for dprp.net ] Think Dream Theater, with mathematical melody. Red Giant's good too.

Really, the entire album is great. I have zero prior material, and had only heard a couple songs over the years prior to the review. Honestly, checking out their older youtube stuff, it's not quite as alluring as their latest album. Affinity is just a notch better than anything I've heard online from them prior. I'm rather particular in my repeat plays, but this is *still* playing in the car and I submitted the review earlier in the week.

Edited by stoopid

Wait until you guys hear 1985 and The Architect. [i recently reviewed Affinity for dprp.net ] Think Dream Theater, with mathematical melody. Red Giant's good too.

Really, the entire album is great. I have zero prior material, and had only heard a couple songs over the years prior to the review. Honestly, checking out their older youtube stuff, it's not quite as alluring as their latest album. Affinity is just a notch better than anything I've heard online from them prior. I'm rather particular in my repeat plays, but this is *still* playing in the car and I submitted the review earlier in the week.

Lucky bugger :P :LOL:

Listen to The Mountain album from start to finish :) . Or their restoration EP

Lucky bugger :P :LOL:

Listen to The Mountain album from start to finish :) . Or their restoration EP

I'd be willing to give it a go sometime... :)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=haken+the+mountain

• Like 1

"Falling Back to Earth" from The Mountain is really good. I though the roach song was clever, very King Crimson inspired (also similar flavor to the mid-section The Architect). May take a few more listens to the Mountain until I'm hooked, it's been a slow burner. There's a touch more pop-Prog than I like but there's still also a healthy mix of heavier stuff, just like on Affinity. Edited by stoopid
  • Like 1