Harry Potter 8 - New Novel this July

alphseeker

It's not a novel its the new play, being released in one of its early drafts.
  • Like 1

It's not a novel its the new play, being released in one of its early drafts.

Cool thanks for clarifying that

I am quite excited!

I don't know why she hasn't written about Harry's years of being an Auror. I think that would be

much more interesting than the adventures of his kid. But then it wouldn't be a children's book.

• Like 1

I don't know why she hasn't written about Harry's years of being an Auror. I think that would be

much more interesting than the adventures of his kid. But then it wouldn't be a children's book.

Apparently we learn more about his parents as well. I think it's great! Especially with Fantastic Beasts coming out later this year, revealing the same world but in 1920's USA! I love how she is expanding her own universe, and not taking a predictable route.

• Like 1

"Harry!" cried Hermione excitedly.

"Hello, Hermione. I'm sorry I've been so out of touch," said Harry apologetically.

"Yes, you have. Where the hell have you been, the Arctic?" said Hermione icily.

"Geez, Hermione, leave the poor guy alone," said Ron sympathetically.

"Don't you start!" said Hermione warningly.

"I think I'll go over here," said Ron distantly.

"As for you, you better start explaining, Harry," continued Hermione expectantly.

"Well, where do I start?" asked Harry uncertainly.

"I don't know, but the explanation had better be good," said Hermione darkly.

Oh dear, thought Harry pusillanimously.

"Well, after I saw you last, I went--" began Harry beginningly.

"You went? You went?? Use your adverbs, Harry," said Hermione interruptingly and demandingly.

"Hermione, you're looking really lovely," said Harry flatteringly and subject-changingly.

She's such a talented writer . . .

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 3

"Harry!" cried Hermione excitedly.

"Hello, Hermione. I'm sorry I've been so out of touch," said Harry apologetically.

"Yes, you have. Where the hell have you been, the Arctic?" said Hermione icily.

"Geez, Hermione, leave the poor guy alone," said Ron sympathetically.

"Don't you start!" said Hermione warningly.

"I think I'll go over here," said Ron distantly.

"As for you, you better start explaining, Harry," continued Hermione expectantly.

"Well, where do I start?" asked Harry uncertainly.

"I don't know, but the explanation had better be good," said Hermione darkly.

Oh dear, thought Harry pusillanimously.

"Well, after I saw you last, I went--" began Harry beginningly.

"You went? You went?? Use your adverbs, Harry," said Hermione interruptingly and demandingly.

"Hermione, you're looking really lovely," said Harry flatteringly and subject-changingly.

She's such a talented writer . . .

She is.

It is terrible.

Absolutely awful.

Words fail to describe it...it's like the worst fanfiction ever.

There is NOTHING positive to be said about it. It says it's written by Jack Thorne based on a story from Rowling.

It must have been a very drunken late night email that he based this off of.

It's so easy to ignore. It doesn't add anything to the original series, so I am pleased to pretend it never happened.

The play will have plenty of distractions, but the crud story will remain.

Honestly, I have read better fan fiction. Much better fan fiction, that fits into Harry Potter canon with far more ease.

0/10

She had a chance to do that with this play.

She botched it.

Starting to think now she is lazily cashing in on her brand. Her seven books remain perfection in their field. But...oh dear.

Some of the short stories she has published on Pottermore, particularly about her new American school, hado so much potential to expand her world, maybe even top HP. But she instead kept them short and had someone else write a limp play about...nothing much...even though so much happen's.

A novel just about the life of Professor McGonnagal would not have gone unappreciated either. Her biography of her was very touching.

As was her back story for Petunia Dursley, Remus Lupin, Voldemort and The Marauders.

SHE HAS SO MUCH TO EXPAND ON WHY THE HE'LL IS SHE NOT GIVING US THAT!!

• Like 1

i was not not buying it the moment i heard it was a play script. not what i want.

Mick

The fact it's a play is the best thing about it.

Because...it has NO other unique selling point.

Everything it offers is...dreadful...

Apparently, with time travel, Cedric Diggory...the Hufflepuff goodie two shoes pretty boy, gets humiliated during the triwizard tournament. Survives voldemort.

Obviously this means in this alternate time line he gets a personality transplant and becomes a death eater. An infamous one.

Oh, and if Hermione marries Ron, she becomes Minister For Magic.

But without Ron? Oh she could only possibly become a nothing teacher with a Snape type disdain for kids...or become a crazy warrior.

Ron is obviously the ONLY thing that could possibly have helped her make a name for herself.

Sheesh...Harry basically tells his son he wishes he was never born. Yes...because Harry was known to be this frosty.

Oh and Harry speaks to Dumbledores portrait. Gayest thing ever...oh my word that was weird...

The worst thing? Somehow...never once mentioned in the books...Bellatrix bonks Voldemort and has his baby.

Somehow...this is meant to fit in the time line between Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows.

WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL?!?!?!

Oh and Draco becomes a doting father and loving husband and basically buddies up with Harry...even though they can't stand each other (but somehow get along?).

Oh and Harry...his job? Mostly paperwork.

MY GOODNESS DUDE THIS IS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG!!

i was not not buying it the moment i heard it was a play script. not what i want.

Mick

Apparently, with time travel, Cedric Diggory...the Hufflepuff goodie two shoes pretty boy, gets humiliated during the triwizard tournament. Survives voldemort.

Obviously this means in this alternate time line he gets a personality transplant and becomes a death eater. An infamous one.

But without Ron? Oh she could only possibly become a nothing teacher with a Snape type disdain for kids...or become a crazy warrior.

Ron is obviously the ONLY thing that could possibly have helped her make a name for herself.

Sheesh...Harry basically tells his son he wishes he was never born. Yes...because Harry was known to be this frosty.

Oh and Harry speaks to Dumbledores portrait. Gayest thing ever...oh my word that was weird...

The worst thing? Somehow...never once mentioned in the books...Bellatrix bonks Voldemort and has his baby.

Somehow...this is meant to fit in the time line between Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows.

Oh and Draco becomes a doting father and loving husband and basically buddies up with Harry...even though they can't stand each other (but somehow get along?).

i'm reading right now thrugh um.........well i'm reading it.

and i'm laughing. it is the greatest comedy ever written.

you're looking at all wrong dude. somebody wrote a comedy fan fic. i hope this plays in New York. oh my please let it open here, lol

Beautiful train wreck.

Mick

Mick

you're looking at all wrong dude. somebody wrote a comedy fan fic. i hope this plays in New York. oh my please let it open here, lol

Beautiful train wreck.

Mick

I have to say I didn't NOT enjoy it

I'm just in disbelief

• Like 1

Mick

Beautiful train wreck.

Mick

I'm just in disbelief

i'm enjoying it....but not for any reasons intended

lol.

it's bad........so bad it's kinda good.

It's even better that i guess this has Rowling's approval.

Mick

Mick

Beautiful train wreck.

Mick

I'm just in disbelief

i'm enjoying it....but not for any reasons intended

lol.

it's bad........so bad it's kinda good.

It's even better that i guess this has Rowling's approval.

Mick

If her new movie is a letdown...ggggrrrrrrr...

I'm actually full on loving it already.

• Like 1

She botched it.

Starting to think now she is lazily cashing in on her brand. Her seven books remain perfection in their field. But...oh dear.

Some of the short stories she has published on Pottermore, particularly about her new American school, hado so much potential to expand her world, maybe even top HP. But she instead kept them short and had someone else write a limp play about...nothing much...even though so much happen's.

A novel just about the life of Professor McGonnagal would not have gone unappreciated either. Her biography of her was very touching.

As was her back story for Petunia Dursley, Remus Lupin, Voldemort and The Marauders.

I agree completely. She could have kept this all going easily by writing back stories to the main characters.

I honestly don't think she actually WROTE this play. it was an idea in her head. but she didn't write this.

i just finished it. what a laughably bad fanfic, lol

Mick

She's become a cash whore, even though she's a billionaire.

• Like 1

She botched it.

I agree completely. She could have kept this all going easily by writing back stories to the main characters.

She is failing to fulfill her potential.

She could never reinvent the wheel like Tolkien. But she has her own world which could be expanded...potentially forever, anywhere.

This play is a travesty. Seriously, how she approved it is beyond me.

I actually judge her badly for it.

• Like 1