Attack of the gallbladder? Maybe?

jamie

Hi guys! I still exist! I know i haven't been on very much because I've been working a lot and by the time I come home I'm too tired to hop on my computer.

So uh, I have a health concern and I need to vent about it.

For the past 3 weeks or so I've been having this pain in my right side around my ribs and under my breast. It started out as just some throbbing when I lied down, I thought that maybe it was a pulled muscle or something. Gradually it went from throbbing to pain, and now it's constant, sometimes sharp pain that damn near puts me in tears. I told my mom and I went to the doctor today and he thinks that it's a gallbladder issue. So far I've been x-rayed and my doctor will look at them. If it doesn't show anything then I'll have an ultrasound and if my gallbladder is calcified then I will need surgery to have it removed.

I'm pretty nervous, I've never had surgery before and I'm scared of hospitals. I have no idea how I'm gonna tell my boss, especially since this is kinda sudden. I'm too young to be having this problem!

Anyways, positive thoughts would be appreciated and I'll try to keep you guys updated!

I had gallbladder problems for years before I finally had it out, but it always reacted to eating something fatty. Same with other people I know. If yours is not related to eating in some way I'd be kind of doubtful that's what it is.

I have no idea how I'm gonna tell my boss......

Tell your boss the old-fashioned way - short, sweet, and to the point! :ebert:

Boss, it looks like I have to request medical leave. My gall bladder has to be removed. It's going to keep me out for X number of weeks.

Remember that you have legal rights. Your boss can't penalize you for having a very necessary surgery.

• Like 1

Hi guys! I still exist! I know i haven't been on very much because I've been working a lot and by the time I come home I'm too tired to hop on my computer.

So uh, I have a health concern and I need to vent about it.

For the past 3 weeks or so I've been having this pain in my right side around my ribs and under my breast. It started out as just some throbbing when I lied down, I thought that maybe it was a pulled muscle or something. Gradually it went from throbbing to pain, and now it's constant, sometimes sharp pain that damn near puts me in tears. I told my mom and I went to the doctor today and he thinks that it's a gallbladder issue. So far I've been x-rayed and my doctor will look at them. If it doesn't show anything then I'll have an ultrasound and if my gallbladder is calcified then I will need surgery to have it removed.

I'm pretty nervous, I've never had surgery before and I'm scared of hospitals. I have no idea how I'm gonna tell my boss, especially since this is kinda sudden. I'm too young to be having this problem!

Anyways, positive thoughts would be appreciated and I'll try to keep you guys updated!

Don't worry about telling your boss. He/she will likely be very supportive. You'd be surprised how understanding people can be.

No one likes to have surgery. My first, and only real surgery was having my gallbladder removed. I had gall stones. They did the surgery with a laparoscope. I was out of work for about a week.

• Like 1

I hope everything goes smoothly and you come out of this happier and healthier. And hey, if you do need to have surgery, the recovery will give you time to catch up on TRF! :D

If it does turn out to be your gallbladder surgery is very easy and quick to recover from. I went to the grocery after I left the hospital after my surgery, so it can't be that bad.

Positive thoughts TO THE MAX, Jamie....http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Psychedelic%20stuff/meditation%202.gif

hello! so I got xrayed and I was very......constipated. I got that problem taken care of and everything is moving but the pain in my side kept getting more and more severe to the point where I was in tears. I'm at the hospital waiting right now for X-ray and blood results. thanks for the kind thoughts ❤️
  • Like 2

hello! so I got xrayed and I was very......constipated. I got that problem taken care of and everything is moving but the pain in my side kept getting more and more severe to the point where I was in tears. I'm at the hospital waiting right now for X-ray and blood results. thanks for the kind thoughts ❤️

Hang in there! Hoping for the best for you :hug2:

ok so all my blood tests and scans and shit came out normal and they don't know what's wrong lmao!!! they think it's like some inflammation or something. what a waste of time.

Been there....my left kidney decided it was going to become a kidney stone factory..... tons of CAT scans and alla that stuff...More Hugs and Love to you. Feel better! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/LOVE/hug1-smiley.gif

ok so all my blood tests and scans and shit came out normal and they don't know what's wrong lmao!!! they think it's like some inflammation or something. what a waste of time.

When you say your shit came out normal, are you talking about being constipated?

:laughing guy:

Do you have any gluten issues? We went thru something similar with our daughter, and they put her on a very restrictive diet, and added things back in slowly. When bread was added back, the pain returned. She does not have a severe allergy, but avoiding gluten has made a big difference for her.

My nephew had a piece of his intestine that had twisted. They have no idea how it happened but he was having all sorts of problems with throwing up and stomach pain they and had to go in and surgically fix it. Edited by EagleMoon

as of now they think it's just muscle damage :huh:

Hang in there Jamie, Remember Doctor's are just educated guessers, but they are educated to guess and they will eventually guess right. Tests & Lab work are big business and with todays liability issues nobody is going to rush (nice pun) into a prescript of cure untill they are sure there is no more guessing that can be done. The best thing you can do is stay brave and most of all positive. Positive energy will help your body use your internal holistic mojo we all have in us. You will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery :angel:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

good news, the pain is a lot less severe and i think its going away. i had a light duty note from the hospital but my manager told me i needed a more specific note. when i gave them one they told me they couldnt comply and i had to get a full release note. because of all that i ended up having about 5 days off which made a difference.
  • Like 1