2016 MLB Season Thread

The Analog Cub

Spring Training is almost here!

In other news, Josh Donaldson gets a 2 year extension with the Jays for $29mil. I bet Geddy's happy.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/blue-jays-agree-to-two-year-29-million-deal-with-donaldson/

TORONTO — The Toronto Blue Jays and Josh Donaldson have reached an agreement on a two-year deal worth nearly $29 million to avoid arbitration, according to a source.

The teams were set for a hearing Feb. 15. As a file and trial team, the Blue Jays had to reach a multi year deal with Donaldson to avoid arbitration.

• Like 1

Cant wait for baseball! And I can guarantee the Phillies will be undefeated until April 11th :)

And winless till about the 20th.

• Like 1

I hope the Cubs take the next step.

And lose to the Yankees in the World Series.

Yeah, I know...

For that comment I almost hope Castro commits 30 errors :moon:

I don't know what the expectations are for the Yankees this year except all I know is that they overachieved last season. I hope you guys at least keep it competitive since the Jays still look great and the Red Sox made some moves in the pitching staff.

Edited by BowlCity

Yeah, I know...

I don't know what the expectations are for the Yankees this year except all I know is that they overachieved last season. I hope you guys at least keep it competitive since the Jays still look great and the Red Sox made some moves in the pitching staff.

I have a feeling that that division will be the NFC East of baseball. Overhyped and mediocre to execrable.

I predicted last season that they would lose 100 games. They lost 94. I was close.

This year is a shoe in.

A shoe in Billy Beane's tight anus. Dumbass.

Who the fukk trades their number three hitter in July for a fukking piece of shit Red Suck pitcher.

Can you tell I am still bitter?

I am still bitter about Kirk Gibson On The Rocks.

Fuckking A's are CURSED.

ADIOS TRIPLE A'S!!!!!!!!

Besides, it doesn't fuckking matter anyway. It's 2016 folks. The Giants are going to win the World Series. Should I start that thread again like I have done on here in the past.

The Rush Forum actually has the Giants threads that I started before they won the whole thing.

I just love being tortured.

The proof is in the progressive rock pudding. Fuckingg Giants will win it all again.

• Like 1

2016 "Way Too Early" Power Rankings!

A's... 25th/30

Giants...5th/30

And the top spot goes too...the Cubs! "How do you like that, Cubs fans...You're the team to beat." How's that for a jinx? Well, there's always 2017.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/65936/the-way-too-early-2016-power-rankings

• Like 2

Yeah, I know...

I have a feeling that that division will be the NFC East of baseball. Overhyped and mediocre to execrable.

Overhyped? The NFC East is a cellpool - I dont know of anyone, except maybe Chris Christie, who has said otherwise. :)

I predicted last season that they would lose 100 games. They lost 94. I was close.

This year is a shoe in.

A shoe in Billy Beane's tight anus. Dumbass.

Who the fukk trades their number three hitter in July for a fukking piece of shit Red Suck pitcher.

Can you tell I am still bitter?

I am still bitter about Kirk Gibson On The Rocks.

Fuckking A's are CURSED.

ADIOS TRIPLE A'S!!!!!!!!

Besides, it doesn't fuckking matter anyway. It's 2016 folks. The Giants are going to win the World Series. Should I start that thread again like I have done on here in the past.

The Rush Forum actually has the Giants threads that I started before they won the whole thing.

I just love being tortured.

The proof is in the progressive rock pudding. Fuckingg Giants will win it all again.

However negative I feel about the Cespedes trade pales in comparison to how I feel about the Donaldson trade. Both stick in my craw. Lets face it this team has been breaking my heart since Dec 1, 1984, when they traded Rickey Henderson to the Yankees.

• Like 1

Good for JD.

Go A's!!!

GO A'S!!! I will love them forever. Too bad ownershit doesn't care.

They didn't do a fukking thing in the offseason. They will lose 100 games this season.

Anyone want to bet some booze on that one?

I'm pissed.

They won't come close to losing 100 games and I will tell you why. Better bullpen and better infield defense.

Yeah, I know...

Overhyped? The NFC East is a cellpool - I dont know of anyone, except maybe Chris Christie, who has said otherwise. :)

I think the Jays will still be good. They lost Price to the Red Sox but barring injuries, Jays pitching should still be good now that Stroman's back and they signed J.A. Happ who came off a great season with the Bucs. Their bats are probably still going to be good. Red Sox right now are in "prove it" mode for me. They blew a shitload of money onto Price, we'll see if it works out or if it's just gonna be a team full of fat old roided men.

NL Central is probably going to be the bloodbath again this year. Cubs are the favorites, Cards are the Cards, and the Bucs might still be good despite losing Burnett and Happ.

Apart from the Cubs the team I'm most curious about is the Nats. That organization needed a serious house cleaning and I wanna see them bounce back.

Edited by BowlCity

Yeah, I know...

I think the Jays will still be good. They lost Price to the Red Sox but barring injuries, Jays pitching should still be good now that Stroman's back and they signed J.A. Happ who came off a great season with the Bucs. Their bats are probably still going to be good. Red Sox right now are in "prove it" mode for me. They blew a shitload of money onto Price, we'll see if it works out or if it's just gonna be a team full of fat old roided men.

NL Central is probably going to be the bloodbath again this year. Cubs are the favorites, Cards are the Cards, and the Bucs might still be good despite losing Burnett and Happ.

Apart from the Cubs the team I'm most curious about is the Nats. That organization needed a serious house cleaning and I wanna see them bounce back.

I'm looking forward to Boras vs Dusty turning Strasberg into Stretch Armstrong.

Yeah, I know...

Outside of the Cubs, who else is expected to be really strong?

Yeah, I know...

Cards. Again. F-ckers.

• Like 3

Yeah, I know...

Cards. Again. F-ckers.

Devils Cardinals

Jays

Royals

Bucs

Astros

Vagiants

Mets

Dodgers

• Like 2

Yeah, I know...

Cards. Again. F-ckers.

Devils Cardinals

Jays

Royals

Bucs

Astros

Vagiants

Mets

Dodgers

I'm looking for a big year out of the Phils.

Yeah, I know...

Cards. Again. F-ckers.

Devils Cardinals

Jays

Royals

Bucs

Astros

Vagiants

Mets

Dodgers

I'm looking for a big year out of the Phils.

I'm not :laughing guy:

• Like 2