2016 MLB Season Thread

The Analog Cub

The Ranger's Adrian Beltre belts a 107 mph homer from one knee. The man is a god. :notworthy:

http://m.mlb.com/vid...mph-on-one-knee

There's no not liking Beltre. The man is a treasure.

http://youtu.be/FsXT3PAd_SY

Rub his head for good luck :outtahere:

• Like 1

Say peeps, was wondering if you could help me out.. going back around a decade or so ago, a ball park was hit by lightning during a game and the resulting fire gutted the cafeteria / restaurant. Would you know which stadium that was ? .. have looked online but can't find anything !

Cubs have clinched the NLC, the Cards are in danger of not making the playoffs, and the Dodgers are doing their best to make sure no EYBS (Even Year Bullshit) happens.

It's been a good week.

Yer darn tootin.....!!

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

Cubs have clinched the NLC, the Cards are in danger of not making the playoffs, and the Dodgers are doing their best to make sure no EYBS (Even Year Bullshit) happens.

It's been a good week.

Yer darn tootin.....!!

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

:cheerleader:

David Ortiz STILL on FIYA. Most home runs by a player in his last year and the SOX win their sixth in a row.....what a surprise. For DO his # should rest with ALL the other Red Sox greats.

Brewers just turned about the easiest triple play you can get!

Runners at 1st and 2nd, and both take off on the pitch.

Joey Votto hits a line drive down the 1st base line, where Chris Carter snags it. Carter jogs over to step on 1st base and then tosses to 2nd for the EASY triple play......

:haz: :haz: :haz:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

Stripling gets rge wun for the Dodgers, going only 3 1/2 innings. He's pulled in the 4th so Ethier can knock a pinch hit homer to help the cause. LA lead is 7 over the Giants.

Division races this year aren't very fun. The AL East was the closest thing we had to a race then the Red Sox went on a 10W streak. Wild Card is tons of fun, though.

Cubs clinch home field throughout NLDS, and if they make it, the NLCS. Unfortunately the Wild Card contenders have 2 of the teams I LEAST want to see in the playoffs, Even Year Bullshit and those shitbirds that won't stay away from the playoffs.

I want the Giants out of the playoffs on principle and the Cardinals have been doing really well at Wrigley all season, and if we lost a likely 100+ win season to those devil magic birds in the postseason after we took it away from them last year I'd be very, very sad.

I hope the Mets keep it together in the WC so we can stomp them in the DS. Their pitching is busted at this point. NLCS should be a total crapshoot. The Nats are a good ball club and the Dodgers got Kershaw back.

Edited by BowlCity

The Sox went from worst to first to win the East division this year. The last two times they did that they won the World Series in 2007 and 2013. Congratulations to them winning the East and GO SOX!
  • Like 1

The Sox went from worst to first to win the East division this year. The last two times they did that they won the World Series in 2007 and 2013. Congratulations to them winning the East and GO SOX!

That had to be one of the worst ways to clinch a division last night. Blech.

I know it's all about the big picture but WTF was that mess of a 9th?

That had to be one of the worst ways to clinch a division last night. Blech.

I know it's all about the big picture but WTF was that mess of a 9th?

Yeah I know but anytime you can celebrate anything after playing the Yankees HAS to be a good thing. A much better turn out than what went down last year. A WS win would certainly an awesome send off for David Ortiz.

Edited by g under p

As a Tribe fan , 2007 playoff series against BoSoxs was another sad chapter in Cleveland sports up 3-1 epic collapse.At least Tito will be on our bench this time. lol Not overly optimistic about our chances even with home field advantage depleted pitching staff could eliminate us quickly.. But this team has been resilient to say the least and has overcome adversity time and time again. So with lower expectations .. GO TRIBE!!!!