2016 MLB Season Thread

The Analog Cub

Rangers are trading our #3 prospect, right-handed pitcher Dillon Tate, as part of a package to the Yankees for Carlos Beltran. Is this a good move for the Rangers, and who would Beltran be replacing in the outfield?

Rangers are trading our #3 prospect, right-handed pitcher Dillon Tate, as part of a package to the Yankees for Carlos Beltran. Is this a good move for the Rangers, and who would Beltran be replacing in the outfield?

It's a good move for the Rangers. Fielder is out and Beltran is having a renaissance season. And he's a great post-season player. Get 'em while they're hot even if he's a rental.

• Like 1

It's a good move for the Rangers. Fielder is out and Beltran is having a renaissance season. And he's a great post-season player. Get 'em while they're hot even if he's a rental.

Good enough for me, I suppose. But, I wonder if the Rangers should gamble our pitching future for someone having a "renaissance season." I'm more on the side of foresight over instant results, ya' know? I can't decide if I like this move or not.

Rangers land Lucroy (stud) and Jeffress (stud)....starting pitching was not addressed but bullpen and bats have taken a very nice upgrade, especially when you factor in Beltran.

Good enough for me, I suppose. But, I wonder if the Rangers should gamble our pitching future for someone having a "renaissance season." I'm more on the side of foresight over instant results, ya' know? I can't decide if I like this move or not.

This is how teams make it to the World Series. Future pitching is a crap shoot. The Rangers just upped their chances of making the playoffs and advancing. Lucroy helps too. Good moves for now.

• Like 2

Prospects are prospects for a reason. Hes a nice prospect, but even ones that people think are going to be the next Stephen Strasberg more often than not flame out. More likely than not, its a good move.

• Like 1

My New York Yankees "helped" several teams this trade deadline. You're welcome.

We took Ivan Nova off of your hands (who has been pretty terrible). Its a signature Pirates move, take some flamed out guy, coach him up a bit and make him serviceable on the cheap.

We took Ivan Nova off of your hands (who has been pretty terrible). Its a signature Pirates move, take some flamed out guy, coach him up a bit and make him serviceable on the cheap.

It also made Liriano to the Blue Jays possible.

It also made Liriano to the Blue Jays possible.

Indeed.....Hutchinson seems to be the key piece we got back. I have a lot more confidence in him becoming an above average pitcher than I do Nova.

• Like 1

Rangers land Lucroy (stud) and Jeffress (stud)....starting pitching was not addressed but bullpen and bats have taken a very nice upgrade, especially when you factor in Beltran.

Jeffress will give you some grey hair during his 9th inning performances. He rarely has a 1-2-3 inning. He has been pretty good, though. Only one blown save this year, I believe.

Lucroy will give you 100% every game. He's having a stellar year throwing out base runners, and his bat is SOLID. One of his best qualities as a hitter is making a pitcher work. He can foul off ten pitches in an at-bat and then kill you when you make a mistake pitch. He did it to Aroldis Chapman last year - a walk-off homer after fouling off many pitches. It was his finest at-bat EVER!!

• Like 1

This is how teams make it to the World Series. Future pitching is a crap shoot. The Rangers just upped their chances of making the playoffs and advancing. Lucroy helps too. Good moves for now.

I completely agree. We had to push all of the chips to the center of the table. In a month or so, we'll get Colby Lewis and Holland back. I would have like to get another stud starter but I'm happy with what we did at the trade deadline.

Jeffress will give you some grey hair during his 9th inning performances. He rarely has a 1-2-3 inning. He has been pretty good, though. Only one blown save this year, I believe.

Lucroy will give you 100% every game. He's having a stellar year throwing out base runners, and his bat is SOLID. One of his best qualities as a hitter is making a pitcher work. He can foul off ten pitches in an at-bat and then kill you when you make a mistake pitch. He did it to Aroldis Chapman last year - a walk-off homer after fouling off many pitches. It was his finest at-bat EVER!!

I don't think Jeffress is gonna close- but he is definitely an above average bullpen arm. Lucroy is the number 2 catcher in MLB (behind posey) and there's a huge gap between him and whoever is 3rd

I completely agree. We had to push all of the chips to the center of the table. In a month or so, we'll get Colby Lewis and Holland back. I would have like to get another stud starter but I'm happy with what we did at the trade deadline.

This guy at MLB.com puts the Rangers deadline moves at the top of the list.

This guy at MLB.com puts the Rangers deadline moves at the top of the list.

Cool. I wish we would have put together a deal for Sale. I have no problem dealing Gallo. Our GM does. Oh well. Sale would have put us over the top in the AL and in line to compete with the Cubs if we both make the World Series.

Dodgers among those loading up for a post-season run. The good thing about being an A's fan is that every year you can bank on half your team making the playoffs...just not in an A's uniform.

usa-today-9404403.0.jpg 240px-Rich_Hill_on_May_7,_2016.jpg

• Like 1

How the Dodgers will make room for the new guys...

http://cdanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Will-Los-Angeles-Dodgers-Demote-Yasiel-Puig-to-Minors-or-DL.jpg

^^^ Before the trades...

yasiel-puig.jpeg

^^^ ...and after.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Prince Fielder will go on the DL to finish out his contract with the Rangers. Not retiring yet.

http://m.rangers.mlb.com/news/article/194550274/neck-surgery-to-end-prince-fielders-career/

I was skeptical when he came on board, and I think we all knew he wouldn't be hugely productive with the Rangers. But, he turned out to be a positive addition to the team in terms of motivation and being compatible with the team culture. So, here's to you, Prince! :cheers:

Prince Fielder will go on the DL to finish out his contract with the Rangers. Not retiring yet.

http://m.rangers.mlb...ielders-career/

I was skeptical when he came on board, and I think we all knew he wouldn't be hugely productive with the Rangers. But, he turned out to be a positive addition to the team in terms of motivation and being compatible with the team culture. So, here's to you, Prince! :cheers:

I missed this one. I thought he would come in here and murder the ball. A left handed batter with a short right field fence. Unfortunately, we got damaged goods.

Los Doyers 1.5 up on the Giants. :cheerleader:

We did you last night.. tonights game is live over here, hoping for a close contest.

Scratch that!

(maybe I should check date next time.. Doh!).