2016 MLB Season Thread

The Analog Cub

Having three starters out of the rotation is starting to catch up to us. Boston hammered the shit out of us in this series. And of course, Ortiz gave us a couple of black eyes. The guy is just incredible.

And, we're crapping out tonight. 9-0 right now in the 8th. Rangers have hit the skids. :facepalm:

Having three starters out of the rotation is starting to catch up to us. Boston hammered the shit out of us in this series. And of course, Ortiz gave us a couple of black eyes. The guy is just incredible.

And, we're crapping out tonight. 9-0 right now in the 8th. Rangers have hit the skids. :facepalm:

I feel your pain. But in the race to the bottom, the Cubs will get there first.

• Like 1

I feel your pain. But in the race to the bottom, the Cubs will get there first.

Ok! :LOL:

But, we've cut our lead in the AL West from something like 10 1/2 games to 7 with Houston on our heels.

Aaaannnd.... Twins just got a solo HR. What is happening?????? :( We keep shitting the bed against this horrible team. GOD!!!!!! :boo hiss:

Well, yay. Odor just scored. It's 10-1, Twins.

Yeah, at least your guys can score against the worst team in your league.

• Like 1

Watched the Giants .V. D-Backs the other night.. Madison Bumgarner pitched for 14 K's with just the one hit in the 8th. Given the D-Backs wretched form and their lowly position in the table, can't tell whether this was a top perf' by a top pitcher or an average one against a poor team.

Watched the Giants .V. D-Backs the other night.. Madison Bumgarner pitched for 14 K's with just the one hit in the 8th. Given the D-Backs wretched form and their lowly position in the table, can't tell whether this was a top perf' by a top pitcher or an average one against a poor team.

Just another ho-hum even-numbered year for SF. :LOL:

Go Tribe!!! .... It's been awesome sports summer so far for Northeast Ohio.. Hockey,Basketball and the first place Indians!!! :D
  • Like 1

Eeeek, Pirates had won 13 of 16 games before the All Star break, including big wins over the Dodgers and Cubs. Nationals have stopped them in their tracks the last two nights, however. :( :(

Started watching the Sunday afternoon Pirates game! Shoot, I knew we should have changed the channel! :D :D It was the Pirates-Nats game, which was tied 1-1 in the 9th inning and stayed that way until the 18th frickin inning. About as fun as it sounds. Even the Pirates channel was showing this cute 5 yr old kid in the stands as much as the game; it was that bad. Pirates did finally win, though, 2-1.
  • Like 1

Started watching the Sunday afternoon Pirates game! Shoot, I knew we should have changed the channel! :D :D It was the Pirates-Nats game, which was tied 1-1 in the 9th inning and stayed that way until the 18th frickin inning. About as fun as it sounds. Even the Pirates channel was showing this cute 5 yr old kid in the stands as much as the game; it was that bad. Pirates did finally win, though, 2-1.

Wow! :wacko:

• Like 1

Mr. blues wanted to watch the Orioles games (we are in their viewing area) so we have it on now . . . . they are playing the Jays tonight!

Birthday present for Ged! 3 Jays HRs in the first inning so far! Ged is there watching so I guess that is how he is celebrating his birthday! :)

Looks like the Milwaukee Brewers are about to trade Jonathan Lucroy. He's not in the lineup today, as trade talks are heating up.....

He's the Brewers' most popular player by far. We are NOT happy..... :no:

Looks like the Milwaukee Brewers are about to trade Jonathan Lucroy. He's not in the lineup today, as trade talks are heating up.....

Yeah, these deals just before the deadline . . . Pirates are in desperate need of starting pitching, but traded our beloved closer, Mark (the Shark) Melancon, to Washington Nats this afternoon. We got a reliever, Felipe Rivero, in return, and a future prospect still in single A ball. I guess they might take some of the cash freed up and look for a starter? Pirates have lots and lots of relievers, that's all I know . . . .

Oh cry me a fuckkn river. Im an Oakland A's fan!!!

• Like 1

Lucroy is going to Cleveland for four top prospects.....IF he approves the deal. Cleveland is on his no-trade list. Edited by Principled Man

Oh cry me a fuckkn river. Im an Oakland A's fan!!!

Ahead of the Angels!!!

Lucroy is going to Cleveland for four top prospects.....IF he approves the deal. Cleveland is on his no-trade list.

According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Lucroy has exercized his no-trade option and vetoed the deal.

HOORAY!! :haz: :haz:

Lucroy is going to Cleveland for four top prospects.....IF he approves the deal. Cleveland is on his no-trade list.

According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Lucroy has exercized his no-trade option and vetoed the deal.

HOORAY!! :haz: :haz:

What a fool. Indians are in first place.

• Like 1