2016 MLB Season Thread

The Analog Cub

Angels at the bottom of the AL West. A silver lining for the way this season is going for the A's and Dodgers.

As are starting to mabye play decently just in time for some of the starters to get back off the DL. As soon as they get the rotation more settled they can start the fire sale. :)). :(

The Cubs have a bullpen stud that could be stretched out to a starting role. Throws hard, gets a lot of ground balls. His name is Clayton Richard. If you throw in a couple of organization filler types you might be able to get him for Trout.

:LOL:
  • Like 1

Angels at the bottom of the AL West. A silver lining for the way this season is going for the A's and Dodgers.

As are starting to mabye play decently just in time for some of the starters to get back off the DL. As soon as they get the rotation more settled they can start the fire sale. :)). :(

:lol;

Pirates v Dodgers is the ESPN Sunday night game tonight. I know, it's a big deal because Kershaw is pitching and I do like watching him ; I admire his skills and his record (if it's not the postseason . . .) The ESPN coverage tonight is so Dodger centric tonight though, it's ridiculous; right now the Dodgers are behind 4-2 and you would never know it.
  • Like 1

Pirates v Dodgers is the ESPN Sunday night game tonight. I know, it's a big deal because Kershaw is pitching and I do like watching him ; I admire his skills and his record (if it's not the postseason . . .) The ESPN coverage tonight is so Dodger centric tonight though, it's ridiculous; right now the Dodgers are behind 4-2 and you would never know it.

I would trade the sypathetic coverage for a win, thank you!
  • Like 1

I know, Dodgers had the nine game winning streak going, but it really was an interesting night- the Pirates were starting a 23 yr. old pitcher they just called up from the minors- so kind of a neat win for that guy.

"PITTSBURGH - Chad Kuhl seemingly didn't stand much of a chance in his major league debut against a three-time National League Cy Young Award winner on a nine-game winning streak. Yet Kuhl pitched five effective innings and David Freese hit a three-run double that sent the Pittsburgh Pirates past Clayton Kershaw and the Los Angeles Dodgers 4-3 on Sunday night.

"That's one of the beautiful things about sport," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. "You can't write that story before the game. You wouldn't have that in there anywhere and it plays itself out on the national stage."

"It's something really special, I have a lot of respect for that guy," Kuhl said of beating Kershaw. "That's something to dream about, my debut was against Kershaw, so that was incredible.""

Read more here: http://www.newsobser...l#storylink=cpy

Edited by blueschica

I know, Dodgers had the nine game winning streak going, but it really was an interesting night- the Pirates were starting a 23 yr. old pitcher they just called up from the minors- so kind of a neat win for that guy.

"PITTSBURGH - Chad Kuhl seemingly didn't stand much of a chance in his major league debut against a three-time National League Cy Young Award winner on a nine-game winning streak. Yet Kuhl pitched five effective innings and David Freese hit a three-run double that sent the Pittsburgh Pirates past Clayton Kershaw and the Los Angeles Dodgers 4-3 on Sunday night.

"That's one of the beautiful things about sport," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. "You can't write that story before the game. You wouldn't have that in there anywhere and it plays itself out on the national stage."

"It's something really special, I have a lot of respect for that guy," Kuhl said of beating Kershaw. "That's something to dream about, my debut was against Kershaw, so that was incredible.""

The stuff of dreams! Thrown to the lions and come out a hero!
  • Like 1

The stuff of dreams! Thrown to the lions and come out a hero!

For one night anyway! I notice we (Pirates) are behind a run this afternoon, so we'll have to see what happens . . . . . :o No newbie pitchers, though, just the same old same old.

Edited by blueschica

Texas Rangers win against the Yankees in the Bronx after a 3 1/2 hour rain delay. After being down by one in the ninth when the delay was called, the Rangers came back to win 9-6 at 2:44 am. :)

:rage:

Awwww.... don't cry! :D

I mean, :( .

• Like 1

Don't beat the Yankees too bad. They need to stay close enough to not be sellers at the deadline so they don't get a bunch of prospects and actually get better.
  • Like 1

Don't beat the Yankees too bad. They need to stay close enough to not be sellers at the deadline so they don't get a bunch of prospects and actually get better.

We've got plenty of prospects and I would like to have some more relief pitching. They are rich in that area. I bet we could get a really good haul for Gallo.

We've got plenty of prospects and I would like to have some more relief pitching. They are rich in that area. I bet we could get a really good haul for Gallo.

After tonight's game, I get the need you have for relief pitching. The Yankmes get six in the ninth to win 9-7? Yikes!

After tonight's game, I get the need you have for relief pitching. The Yankmes get six in the ninth to win 9-7? Yikes!

It was a bad last couple of innings. But, that was a very rare bad game for Dyson. 99.9% of the time, it's a safe bet that he'll get the job done.

It was a bad last couple of innings. But, that was a very rare bad game for Dyson. 99.9% of the time, it's a safe bet that he'll get the job done.

Dyson, Diekman & Bush are being over worked. We need to get two more solid relievers.

Dyson, Diekman & Bush are being over worked. We need to get two more solid relievers.

Miller and Chapman?

Miller and Chapman?

That would be really nice but probably a pipe dream. I'm more than sure that we'll bolster our relief pitching before the trade deadline and we'll get Kela back at some point.

Seven in a row for the Bucs! Looking good!

If they'd delay the All-star break for a week, the Pirates would probably be in first by then.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1