The 2016-17 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

More free agency defense building as the Bucs bring on DE Robert Ayers who played with thr Gmen of NY. It looks like the draft will be focused on the secondary and maybe some more D- line but w will have to wait and see.

Go Bucs :madra:

Well the Bucs made another free agent acquisition picking up another CB Josh Robinson for a one year deal. Josh had some injury issues in his last year playing for the Vikings but prior to that put up some impressive stats. Hopefully he will be healthy and make a substantial contribution to our Beleaguered secondary,

Well the Bucs signed another veteran LB Daryl Smith. Former Raven 34 year old Smith has had a productive career starting 172 out of 174 games. Smith is ranked 4th in active players in tackels and is one of only 4 to have 30 sacks and 10 interceptions. He is expected to play srong side LB helping 4 time probowler Lavonte David and 2nd year MLB standout Kwon Alexander. It appears the Bucs free agency strategy is to aquire top quality veterans who still can be productive for a couple of seasons (maybe more) and provide mentoring for younger players. I think it is a solid approach, and a breath of fresh air compared to Ex HC Love Smiths philosophy of only going after players that fit his scheme. We as Bucs fans saw how well that worked out. So over all I am happy the direction things are moving. No "big" splash moves but a consistent commitment of addressing weaknesses. While providing a solid core of veterans that the young draft acquisitions can to look up to.

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

The Bucs made another free agency move sighning Punter Bryan Anger. Bryan has respectable stats punting for 3 seasons at Jacksonville. He will be a big help to the Bucs as our punting was inconsistant at best last season. Bryan is probably more famously known aroung the NFL world for the nick name he recived after the 2012 draft "Not Russle Wilson" as he was drafted just ahead of the famous Seahawks QB.

Well this may be "old" news to some but it signals we are getting closer and closer to football season each and every day :yay:

The 2016-17 season schedule was released last week. The teams the Bucs were going to face have been known for sometime now but not the order. Tampa Bay has the 5th hardest schedule in the league this season included in the challenge will be facing both Super Bowl teams in back to back weeks. The Bucs host the Broncos week 4 on a 4:05pm game then travel to Carolina week 5 for a Monday night game. There are also many teams that the Bucs will face that made an appearance and/or went deep into the playoffs. Tampa Bay has 2 national spot light games this season, 3 if you count the 3rd preseason game when the Bucs host the Browns. There are also 6- 4pm games and 1 Saturday game which have a more than favorable chance of having a national audience. I am very excited and very cautiously optimistic as I went full out and purchased a whole season pass package this year. Hopefully the Buccos will win more home games this season as well with winning more games in general. The regular season schedule is as follows

9/11/16 Week-1 TB @ ATL Sunday 1pm

9/18/16 Week-2 TB @ ARZ Sunday 4:05pm

9/25/16 Week-3 LAR @ TB Sunday 4:05pm

10/2/16 Week-4 DEN @ TB Sunday 4:05pm

10/10/16 Week-5 TB @ CAR Monday 8:30pm

Week-6 Bye

10/23/16 Week-7 TB @ SF Sunday 4:05pm

10/30/16 Week-8 OAK @ TB Sunday 1pm

11/3/16 Week-9 ATL @ TB Thursday 8:25pm

11/13/16 Week-10 CHI @ TB Sunday 1pm

11/20/16 Week-11 TB @ KC Sunday 1pm

11/27/16 Week-12 SEA @ TB Sunday 4:05pm

12/4/16 Week-13 TB @ SD Sunday 4:25pm

12/11/16 Week-14 NO @ TB Sunday 1pm

12/18/16 Week-15 TB @ DAL Sunday 1pm

12/24/16 Week-16 TB @ NO Saturday 1pm

1/1/17 Week-17 CAR @ TB Sunday 1pm

It's draft day :yay: one more day closer to opening day. I hope we have a fantastic outing. My better 1/2 and I will be at the draft party at Ray Jay which is an exclusive for season pass holders due to the renovations to the scoreboards at the stadium.

I like the CB and the LB picks. Not sure about drafting a kicker in the 2nd round but if he's as good as he has a chance to be and lasts for at least 10 years it might be ok. Just wonder if he would have lasted longer.
  • Like 1

I like the CB and the LB picks. Not sure about drafting a kicker in the 2nd round but if he's as good as he has a chance to be and lasts for at least 10 years it might be ok. Just wonder if he would have lasted longer.

Yes that was quite a surprize pick. Especially trading up to the second after trading down. I can understand the logic for wanting to have an excellent kicker as they not only are the leading scorers but more than likely most decisions in "bucball" are mede on the leg of the place kicker. Over all I am very pleased with the direction things are moving. Especially picking up Spence. Hargraves was always assumed for me to be the 1st pick for me. I do have to admit when we were at the draft party at RayJay and the Bucs traded the 9th pick to CHI I was like :huh: & :unsure: but it all worked out well.

From what I have seen there has been some very positive stuff coming out of the 1st rounds of the OTA's with a lot of positives regarding Spence and Hargreaves along with all the veteran players as well. I saw some film of Winston and his throwing mechanics and release look much improved. 6 weeks till training camp!!!
  • Like 1

It won't be long and I will be right here, well actually this year I will be on the opposite side of the stadium and on the 30 yard line. Can't happen fast enough!!

edit; I can see my new seats in this pick section 309 row N :yay:

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah298/SeanJohn51/Mobile%20Uploads/CAM00220_zpsywpvmshm.jpg?1464656113608&1464656115373&1464656118649

We made another nice move today. Picking up veteranCB Brent Grimes. Brent may be older but is a 4time Pro bowler. Hopefully he can make an immediate impact and mentor some of hopefully some of the young draft picks.

He's washed up and a punk for allowing his wife to denigrate and insult people at will. She used anti semetic language just this week and does not realize the owners of the Bucs are Jewish themselves.

You not only got a player on the decline, you got this POS wife of his.

She will get him released from Tampa. She takes all the credit for Grimes being released from the Dolphins and was half right. It was her fat filthy mouth and brents play that got him booted.

I like you guys as a team and wish you the best. But you have inherited a problem that will not go away on its own. You are now in the service of Miko Grimes and if you don't know that by now, she will make sure you do very soon.

One more time.

Brent is a punk for allowing this behavior. How many of you guys around here would put up with your wife slamming your boss and the people that own the company you work for?

Slamming and insulting publicly those who pay you?

Edited by John V

We made another nice move today. Picking up veteranCB Brent Grimes. Brent may be older but is a 4time Pro bowler. Hopefully he can make an immediate impact and mentor some of hopefully some of the young draft picks.

He's washed up and a punk for allowing his wife to denigrate and insult people at will. She used anti semetic language just this week and does not realize the owners of the Bucs are Jewish themselves.

She will get him released from Tampa. She takes all the credit for Grimes being released from the Dolphins and was half right. It was her fat filthy mouth and brents play that got him booted.

I like you guys as a team and wish you the best. But you have inherited a problem that will not go away on its own. You are now in the service of Miko Grimes and if you don't know that by now, she will make sure you do very soon.

One more time.

Brent is a punk for allowing this behavior. How many of you guys around here would put up with your wife slamming your boss and the people that own the company you work for?

An nfl player that marries a woman 8 years older than him is not likely to be in control of that situation IMO.

One more time.

Brent just needs to man up and tell her to STFU!

Well here we are on the doorstep of the 2016/17 NFL season :yay: Training camp officially starts today with the 1st open to the public practice this Saturday :yay:

On another note I was down by Ray Jay and caught a glimpse of the new huge video screens. Man they look awesome.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah298/SeanJohn51/Mobile%20Uploads/20160731_085817_zpskv7dm0bn.jpg

Had a blast at training camp yesterday. Winston looked good, Martin looked excellent, receivers looked good, Defense looked good. I am excited (as I always am at this time of year) The season is so close i can taste it :drool:

Go Bucs! :madra:

Well the 1st preseason game for the Bucs is tomorrow 7pm eat vs the filthadelphia eagles. The started may play a couple of "cameo" snaps but it will mostly be 2nd and 3rd stringer for the majority of the 4 quarters. I am excited to see how we do and I am sure the players are ready to hit some new people.

Well hopefully they got all the yuck stuff out of the way! D line very impressive. Defense seemed to be a little rusty against the run, Winston and crew took a little minute to warm up but seemed to gain some traction. Aguallo I have to say was icing on the cake of a horrid start. My Son and I both said "watch him miss it":and then thudunk off the left upright. We laughed hard about it and I am actually thankful it was only a preseason game not when it really mattered. One can't feel like they will be perfect every time, a little humility goes along way. Especially in the NFL. So now the Buc's have to learn and move on hopefully improving along the way. Their tough schedule alone demands it. Only time will tell and this is after all the Bucs we're talkin about here :D On another note all the NFC south teams except Atlanta also lost.

Up next Jacksonville...

GO Bucs :madra: