The 2016-17 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

Local radio reported that they simplified the scheme and that sparked the improvement. We still were poor at covering receivers and defending passes though. As much as I dislike the Seahawks attitudes and whining to the refs I have to admit that they take every pass attempt by the opposition as a personal affront to them and defend against it like maniacs. We could use some of that. The secondary plan seems to be "follow the other team's receivers and tackle them after they catch the ball." Reminds me of something gene deckeroff said years ago during a broadcast: "hopefully the bucs can get a couple of first downs before they have to punt."

Yes I think the simplifying of the scheme was at request of the players. The defense did finish strong but I believe but ranked somewhere in the mid 20's. I agree there are still glaring deficiencies that need to be addressed if the Bucs are going to have a defense that is feared league wide. I do think all that starts with consistency, it is better to build on vs start over. I do believe we as fans are very close to seeing great accomplishments from our Bucco's!

Go Bucs :madra:

• Like 1