Hey Hey We're the Monkees

custom55

Gre up watching them on reruns in the 70s. i enjoyed the album they made once they were allowe to do their own thing, Head. Especially the porpoise song. not sure how they're going to do this with Davy gone though.

Been a fan forever...not sure if I'd go....but if they're close, I'd consider it.

It says the tour is finishing up in Shippensburg! :D :D Actually, if it is the Luhrs Center at Shippensburg U., it has great acoustics and is a really nice place to see a show. They had Styx this year and Mr. Blues took me to Loggins and Messina there; the sound was excellent.

• Like 2

Yes, sadly, Davy is dead. I would see them get these tours together from time to time and always felt I would go see them if Micky and Davy were there; It doesn't seem like it would be the same without Davy, so I'm not planning on it. I have a friend (male !) who already has at least one concert date planned out this summer, though; the music does bring back a lot of nice memories if you are the right age. :heart:
  • Like 2

I saw them on their last tour at the Beacon Theater in NYC.

I was a fun night with a nice video tribute to Davy Jones.

Mike Nesmith actually looked like he was having a good time.

They do have A LOT of GREAT songs.

• Like 3

It's a bummer that The Nez won't participate half the time.

The Monkees are a analomy in '60's music... they started out as a manufactured band and ended up being a cool, weird multimedia kinda ting, by '60's standards. Always liked them and had respect.

• Like 2

It's a bummer that The Nez won't participate half the time.

The Monkees are a analomy in '60's music... they started out as a manufactured band and ended up being a cool, weird multimedia kinda ting, by '60's standards. Always liked them and had respect.

As a kid I loved them, loved their show, loved the music. And to think, the Monkees were my first exposure to Frank Zappa. I was a Freaked Out 6 year old yes I was!!

• Like 2

Just pooped over to YouTube to watch my fave monkees track the porpoise song. I was a little surprised to suddenly realize the resemblance to Mickey to Don Henley. Big Afro hair, drumming and singing. I'm surprised don didn't realize the resemblance and change to sooner than he did.
  • Like 2

I'm thinking of picking up their box set and the Head DVD. I saw Head a few years back on the independent movie channel. What a trip. One scene in particular stood out, when they were in the restaurant and some bickering devolved into a shouting match. Mike looked genuinely upset. He was such a cool cat that this out-of-character reaction seemed authentic.
  • Like 1

I'm going to see if I can find at least one of those songs and give a listen.

I'd love to hear what they sound like today.

They sound good. Very good. Top-notch songwriters contributed songs and the Monkees rose to the occasion.

• Like 1

I'm sitting here laughing because it's like going back fifty years.

Same type of poppy toe-tapping tunes.

And the most amazing thing is that Micky sounds exactly the same.

You'd never know five decades have gone by.

:)

• Like 4

I'm sitting here laughing because it's like going back fifty years.

Same type of poppy toe-tapping tunes.

And the most amazing thing is that Micky sounds exactly the same.

You'd never know five decades have gone by.

:)

Micky Dolenz is a wonderful singer. One of my favs.

• Like 2