In the Studio with Redbeard Interviews Rush

Day of Light

A few days ago Redbeard interviewed Rush for the 35th anniversary of Moving Pictures. A part of the interview (about half, because allegedly it's supposed to be a 1-hour rockumentary type deal) can be found at this link:

http://www.inthestud...esonneil-peart/

I also discovered he'd done episodes with them about a few other albums, including Power Windows which I'm listening to at the moment. Link: http://www.inthestud...e-alex-lifeson/

The Power Windows one is cool cause I'm hearing them talk about things that are fairly new to me--as in they're not discussions that get rehashed from the millions of other interviews, and Redbeard gets good answers.

There is no transcript I can find. It's audio.

• Like 2

Thanks for the links! Listening to the Power Windows/HYF interview right now, and it's very interesting. There's a rather in-depth talk around the Manhattan Project.

Have some of these on CD. (Not 30/35 year anniversaries but the 15th 20th and 25th anniversaries with the music and commericals.)

These are the whole shows without the music and commercials.

Although what Redbeard says is current, the interviews are from years and years ago. They were even broadcast on radio at one time.

For Moving Pictures, Alex and Geddy's interviews were done in 1989 and Neil's interview was even earlier than that. (Notice how they sound younger?)

Moving Pictures gets it's own show, Signals/Grace Under Pressure share a show Power Windows/Hold Your Fire get a show (The CD I have also includes Victor because Victor was released around the time it was originally broadcast.) There was even one for Counterparts.

New fans should get a lot from these even if they are kind of dated. They probably wouldn't go into as much detail now.

The original Moving Pictures In The Studio was first broadcast in 1989.

• Like 2

Have some of these on CD. (Not 30/35 year anniversaries but the 15th 20th and 25th anniversaries with the music and commericals.)

Although what Redbeard says is current, the interviews are from years and years ago. They were even broadcast on radio at one time.

For Moving Pictures, Alex and Geddy's interviews were done in 1989 and Neil's interview was even earlier than that. (Notice how they sound younger?)

Moving Pictures gets it's own show, Signals/Grace Under Pressure share a show Power Windows/Hold Your Fire get a show (The CD I have also includes Victor because Victor was released around the time it was originally broadcast.) There was even one for Counterparts.

New fans should get a lot from these even if they are kind of dated. They probably wouldn't go into as much detail now.

Good to know! It was very obvious to me that Neil especially sounded way younger, but I wasn't sure about Geddy and Alex.

Is there any way for me to acquire the full interviews? Are they, like, buyable?

Good to know! It was very obvious to me that Neil especially sounded way younger, but I wasn't sure about Geddy and Alex.

Is there any way for me to acquire the full interviews? Are they, like, buyable?

Those are the full interviews (without the music and commercials)

I suppose you can still get them. Price and availability likely depend on the band. They were never released commercially.

I suppose you can try ebay.

Here's one for Zeppelin;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Led-Zeppelin-Led-Zeppelin-I-In-The-Studio-20-Nov-7-1988-Very-Rare-/191794837940?hash=item2ca7dcf9b4:g:uUIAAOSwk1JWcFfT

• Like 1