Tropico

war2112

Perhaps this belongs in the Reverse Polarity forum, but it seems that's more for PC related questions/problems.

Anyway, Tropico is an RTS obviously using a Fidel Castro type regime as it's premise. Any of you RTS freaks out there played this one? It's a few years old but I just picked it up recently and it's a blast. It's really rather difficult in some of the more advanced scenarios, but still loads of fun and a nice break from your typical RTS and/or city-building games. The soundtrack is absolutely killer and won just about every award out there for PC gaming sound.

Check it out. There is also a more recent version called what else but Tropico 2. It's not an expansion so you don't need the original to play. I think I will have to pick that one up as well. Oh man, I really need to get a life of my own...

biggrin.gif

I have this game somewhere, but I must confess I only played it for about two weeks.

This was back in my "gaming days" and I was buying alot of them back then. So my short attention to this game was probly more due to having a new one come in moreso than not liking it.

Now I don't game at all. I, erm, work. Cripes, what happened to me?

If I ever get my life back war, I'll check this one out again.

Cheers,

Schro

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Sep 2 2005, 11:07 AM)
I don't know anything about Tropic, but... *Points at war's avatar* I used to play Starcraft quite a lot.

Starcraft... *sighs reverentially*

Starcraft is without question still the finest RTS I have ever played. It simply does not have any equal in my gaming hemisphere.

To this day, it remains a phenomenom in Japan. That's pretty freaky for a game that is now 7 years old.

Archived