Is this the most obnoxious commercial ever?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Babycat

Babycat

Party Animal

• Members *
  • 86396 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 01:44 PM

View PostKenJennings, on 10 April 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

My local Fox affiliate used to run this commercial CEASELESSLY in the mid 90s.

I still remember most of these songs IN ORDER... Did anyone else have this medley burned into their ears??

I remember something similar, but for the life of me I can't recall it. Years ago.

Sponsored Post

#42 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 93148 posts
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:28 PM

My favorite ever show promo...Skin, on Fox

#43 pjbear05

pjbear05

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4892 posts
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 18 August 2020 - 08:45 PM

In tribute to ORF, who had some pointed comments regarding dumb commericials, I am reviving the thread for your latest worst Tee Vee ad.

For me it's the latest round from Geico.  The  HOA Nazi beyotch from hell was bad enough, but the "aunt problem" is an embarrassment, and the Rocky and Bullwinkle spot, never mind. :facepalm:

Edited by pjbear05, 18 August 2020 - 08:46 PM.

#44 _hi_water._

_hi_water._

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 8364 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, meteorology, movies, music, politics

Posted 18 August 2020 - 08:47 PM

The video is private

#45 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

Natural Science Theater 3000

• Members
  • 32883 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 09:52 PM

View PostReRushed, on 03 February 2016 - 02:19 PM, said:

They play that all the time on SiriusXM Progress when I listen to the Stephanie Miller Show every morning.  I usually wake up just after the show starts on the west coast so I always skip it on the commercials.

#46 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

• Members
  • 32883 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 09:56 PM

View PostKenJennings, on 10 April 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

My local Fox affiliate used to run this commercial CEASELESSLY in the mid 90s.

I still remember most of these songs IN ORDER... Did anyone else have this medley burned into their ears??

Edited by invisible airwave, 18 August 2020 - 09:58 PM.

#47 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 19 August 2020 - 09:24 AM

View Postpjbear05, on 18 August 2020 - 08:45 PM, said:

In tribute to ORF, who had some pointed comments regarding dumb commericials, I am reviving the thread for your latest worst Tee Vee ad.

For me it's the latest round from Geico.  The  HOA Nazi beyotch from hell was bad enough, but the "aunt problem" is an embarrassment, and the Rocky and Bullwinkle spot, never mind. :facepalm:
What do you think of "the Ratt problem" one? To me it's at least OK since it's a rock & roll oriented spoof.
Nothing beats "......well the squirrels are back and your father won't call an exterminator. He says this time it's personal (while squirrels are running wild behind her which is funny as hell to me). It's very noisy there. Are you taking a Zumba class?".

Edited by driventotheedge, 19 August 2020 - 09:26 AM.

#48 Thebuckeye2112

Thebuckeye2112

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Legend of Zelda, Vikings, Dragons, Synthesizers, Kerbal Space Program, Archery, Climbing, Travel, Writing, Space, Architecture, Aviation, Cosplay

Posted 12 October 2020 - 02:59 PM

I always find it odd that insurance companies are usually the purveyors of asinine advertising campaigns. I call it "The Flo-Effect"; Granted Flo from Progressive has jumped the shark, too many times, but what really irritates me nowadays is Liberty Mutual's half assed attempt at trying to rip off Starsky & Hutch, I will not go into further detail but so much to say is that one of them is replaced by an Emu, Not only is the image of their team chemistry appalling, but the acting is just horrendous. If anything it reminds me of a Cowboy riding an Ostrich from a certain Holiday special, now I kind of wish there were an Isle of misfit Ads.

#49 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 15396 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 08:00 AM

View PostThebuckeye2112, on 12 October 2020 - 02:59 PM, said:

I always find it odd that insurance companies are usually the purveyors of asinine advertising campaigns. I call it "The Flo-Effect"; Granted Flo from Progressive has jumped the shark, too many times, but what really irritates me nowadays is Liberty Mutual's half assed attempt at trying to rip off Starsky & Hutch, I will not go into further detail but so much to say is that one of them is replaced by an Emu, Not only is the image of their team chemistry appalling, but the acting is just horrendous. If anything it reminds me of a Cowboy riding an Ostrich from a certain Holiday special, now I kind of wish there were an Isle of misfit Ads.

You're taking those commercials way too seriously. The Library Mutual ads are meant to be nothing but comedy. I'm surprised Flo from Progressive has lasted so long. It's been like over a decade now. I figured the company would want to freshen things up and do something different already.

#50 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

• Members
  • 32883 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 10:53 AM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 13 October 2020 - 08:00 AM, said:

View PostThebuckeye2112, on 12 October 2020 - 02:59 PM, said:

You're taking those commercials way too seriously. The Library Mutual ads are meant to be nothing but comedy. I'm surprised Flo from Progressive has lasted so long. It's been like over a decade now. I figured the company would want to freshen things up and do something different already.

I miss those Geico commercials with the guy asking rhetorical questions.

#51 Krystal

Krystal

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Van Halen, A7X, Walker, Supernatural, Talking Heads, Metallica, Henry Cavill, Heels

Posted 17 October 2020 - 08:46 PM

I couldn't see the first video.  I think this is the most obnoxious commercial ever.

#52 Rhyta

Rhyta

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2416 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi/fantasy shows and books, reading, hockey and Rush of course!

Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:26 AM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 19 August 2020 - 09:24 AM, said:

View Postpjbear05, on 18 August 2020 - 08:45 PM, said:

What do you think of "the Ratt problem" one? To me it's at least OK since it's a rock & roll oriented spoof.
Nothing beats "......well the squirrels are back and your father won't call an exterminator. He says this time it's personal (while squirrels are running wild behind her which is funny as hell to me). It's very noisy there. Are you taking a Zumba class?".
Those are all terrible.  The newest one with the fake game show the Upper Hands :16ton: It's become so annoying that I constantly mute the sound when commercials come on.  The Del Taco one trying to be a gangsta..Dell No.. :facepalm:

#53 _hi_water._

_hi_water._

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 8364 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, meteorology, movies, music, politics

Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:30 AM

#54 condemned2bfree

condemned2bfree

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2410 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 01:48 PM

#55 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 93148 posts
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 14 September 2021 - 07:56 PM

A new contender emerges...

#56 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:08 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 14 September 2021 - 07:56 PM, said:

Really bad

#57 Rhyta

Rhyta

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2416 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi/fantasy shows and books, reading, hockey and Rush of course!

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:22 AM

Oh yes!! It's like nail on a chalk board..mute it every time I can, awful.  We have a local one for our state fair that is ghastly too but there is no link to it on YouTube...probably for the best.  We did have REO Speedwagon and Styx in concert tonight... ;)

Edited by Rhyta, 15 September 2021 - 03:23 AM.

#58 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 40514 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:31 AM

View PostRhyta, on 15 September 2021 - 03:22 AM, said:

Oh yes!! It's like nail on a chalk board..mute it every time I can, awful.  We have a local one for our state fair that is ghastly too but there is no link to it on YouTube...probably for the best.  We did have REO Speedwagon and Styx in concert tonight... ;)
I love this ear worm, Fancy Like by Walker Hayes. That blonde chick with the biceps doing her moves!

On another note. I'm totally done eating at Applebees, too many lousy meals to ever go through that again.

#59 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 40514 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 09:07 AM

View Post_hi_water._, on 18 October 2020 - 10:30 AM, said:

LOL...I saw a dude wearing a puppy-monkey-baby tee-shirt at a car show. I forget where that came from, now this!

#60 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 40514 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 05:55 PM

I haven’t seen my current favorite TV commercial in quite some time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users