R45 Will the Boys reunite in Three years?

losingit2k

Will the boys reunite for an R45 Tour?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Yes

• No
    • Only with they get a new drummer
    • More like R50 if they still can!

They will absolutely do a 45 show tour for R45, with John Mayer filling in on drums and name the group...

Rush & Company

Actually I just found on the Internet that indeed Simon Kirke will be playing the drums with Geddy and Alex! Recoding will commence in early 2017. The will be called RUSH AND BAD COMPANY!

Rush will provide all the music for the return of this old show:

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000AA4F2O.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V1135108801_.jpg

Morgan Freeman will reprise all the various roles he had in The Electric Company's 1970s days. This time, for no reason whatsoever, Freeman will read the intro of The Necromancer at the start of every episode.

http://multimedia.hola.com/noticias-de-actualidad/2009/11/13/morgan.jpg

I can imagine his honey coated, slightly gravelly distinctive voice now...

"As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky..."

:blaze:

• Like 3

Morgan Freeman will reprise all the various roles he had in The Electric Company's 1970s days. This time, for no reason whatsoever, Freeman will read the intro of The Necromancer at the start of every episode.

You'll get no complaints from me!

(Morgan Freeman was on The Electric Co?!)

Yup. And apparently over the course of 6 years and 780 episodes...which is every single episode.

Yup. And apparently over the course of 6 years and 780 episodes...which is every single episode.

Very cool. (I rarely watched it as a kid; I don't remember anything of the episodes I did see.)

Very cool. (I rarely watched it as a kid; I don't remember anything of the episodes I did see.)

I watched it for the voiceless Spidey sketches. (They were meant to encourage kids to read...but it's not like I knew it at the time).

I seriously doubt Neil is practicing every day. I think he's enjoying his retirement. He doesn't strike me as someone who would continually practice unless he had something he was working towards like a tour or album.

I agree. Why continuously work to keep your chops up if you're pretty much done using them?

• Like 1

They will absolutely do a 45 show tour for R45, with John Mayer filling in on drums and name the group...

Rush & Company

Actually I just found on the Internet that indeed Simon Kirke will be playing the drums with Geddy and Alex! Recoding will commence in early 2017. The will be called RUSH AND BAD COMPANY!

Rush will provide all the music for the return of this old show:

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000AA4F2O.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V1135108801_.jpg

I was an Electric Company junkie back in the day. Long live Easy Reader!

• Like 1

I watched it a bunch when I was a kid! Thinking back on it, I do remember a guy on it who was somewhat like him. Haha...I didn't know it was actually him! :LOL:

I watched it a bunch when I was a kid! Thinking back on it, I do remember a guy on it who was somewhat like him. Haha...I didn't know it was actually him! :LOL:

:LOL: yeah, he must've been in his 30s then. The first time I knew Freeman as Freeman was in Glory. And since then he's pretty much the same character every time. Even when he plays a villain he's still pretty much the same...except that he has villainous lines instead of fatherly ones. Anyway, I love him. Let him read The Necromancer to us! :LOL:

• Like 3

I don't even think we'll see another album. There's no money in albums. If Neil runs out of petty cash, maybe he will agree to a few nights at one arena.

Does anyone know if Neil still practices every day?

I'd bet $1000 he hasn't played since August 1st. Why would he? He's got 27 other interests outside the band. I'd also wager he sees drumming as a "job" now. If he's retired, so be it. He recently alluded to summiting his mountain (drumming).

Edited by upstateNYfan
  • Like 1

Neil doesn't seem one for sentiment, so I doubt there would be anything done according to an anniversary .... Is there an album in the future, or perhaps a short stint of shows ?? .. maybe ... but with all due respect, Neil looked out of shape and stiff on this last tour, and he just seems to have lost the fire to play in Rush ..

But I think Geddy and Alex will definitely do something together in the next 3 years

My pick:

http://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/images.hellogiggles.com/uploads/2014/11/13/senrikawaguch550iu4-500x367c.jpg

:facepalm:

Neil has a life,

Recording music and touring for 40 plus years takes a toll on a person's body. Plus family priorities. He can kick any drummers a**! :Neil:

Troutman, come on now, where did I ever blame him ?? You know that I have been fine with his decision all along ( except for that last blog hiccup )

But that doesn't mean that the music has to stop

As a band,

Without Neil it does. No Rush. There is no way in Hell Alex and Geddy would carry on as Rush. Call it what you want with another drummer but it won't be Rush. If it is over, I hope Alex and Geddy do there own thing at this point.

What would we call it? BRUSH, CRUSH, KRUSH, l-o-l

Yes my LOL looks like a Tie- Fighter.

• Like 1

Maybe not in the intensity/frequency he used to when the band was in full flight.

Does anyone know for certain? Or has he pulled the plug on everything?

Well, I don't think that even Geddy or Alex would know that for certain. And anything we surmise about it is just conjecture.

But that being said, I think he most likely has hung it up completely, at least for the time being. I imagine he may want to play again, at some point, but that would be simply of his own free will.

Or maybe his daughter might influence him somewhat- I can see him just kind of playing around on the drums, if it's something that she wants him to do, and it makes her smile. I like the thought of that.

"Daddy, Remember when you used to be a rock star in RUSH?"

Maybe not in the intensity/frequency he used to when the band was in full flight.

Does anyone know for certain? Or has he pulled the plug on everything?

Well, I don't think that even Geddy or Alex would know that for certain. And anything we surmise about it is just conjecture.

But that being said, I think he most likely has hung it up completely, at least for the time being. I imagine he may want to play again, at some point, but that would be simply of his own free will.

Or maybe his daughter might influence him somewhat- I can see him just kind of playing around on the drums, if it's something that she wants him to do, and it makes her smile. I like the thought of that.

"Daddy, Remember when you used to be a rock star in RUSH?"

Neil doesn't seem one for sentiment, so I doubt there would be anything done according to an anniversary .... Is there an album in the future, or perhaps a short stint of shows ?? .. maybe ... but with all due respect, Neil looked out of shape and stiff on this last tour, and he just seems to have lost the fire to play in Rush ..

But I think Geddy and Alex will definitely do something together in the next 3 years

My pick:

http://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/images.hellogiggles.com/uploads/2014/11/13/senrikawaguch550iu4-500x367c.jpg

:facepalm:

Neil has a life,

Recording music and touring for 40 plus years takes a toll on a person's body. Plus family priorities. He can kick any drummers a**! :Neil:

Troutman, come on now, where did I ever blame him ?? You know that I have been fine with his decision all along ( except for that last blog hiccup )

But that doesn't mean that the music has to stop

As a band,

Without Neil it does. No Rush. There is no way in Hell Alex and Geddy would carry on as Rush. Call it what you want with another drummer but it won't be Rush. If it is over, I hope Alex and Geddy do there own thing at this point.

What would we call it? BRUSH, CRUSH, KRUSH, l-o-l

Yes my LOL looks like a Tie- Fighter.

They would simply call the band "Rush"

Just as they did here:

http://www.rushisaband.com/images/200911/1368.f.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

Nobody on TRF would skip listening to anything new by Geddy, Alex, and another drummer if it were called Rush. The bitching would be there but nobody would skip it.

Hmmmm, there may be more truth here than Im comfortable admitting.

• Like 2

Nobody on TRF would skip listening to anything new by Geddy, Alex, and another drummer if it were called Rush. The bitching would be there but nobody would skip it.

I'd gladly listen to it. Seeing as I skipped the last tour, I doubt I'd attend any shows, but, yeah, I'd still give the stuff a listen.

• Like 2

The bitching would eventually stop. Soon enough, they'd forget it wasn't Neil banging away. It's not like he's the only talented drummer alive.

• Like 4

I don't even think we'll see another album. There's no money in albums. If Neil runs out of petty cash, maybe he will agree to a few nights at one arena.

I'd bet $1000 he hasn't played since August 1st. Why would he? He's got 27 other interests outside the band. I'd also wager he sees drumming as a "job" now. If he's retired, so be it. He recently alluded to summiting his mountain (drumming).

And I would bet you are right. He's finished.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

The bitching would eventually stop. Soon enough, they'd forget it wasn't Neil banging away. It's not like he's the only talented drummer alive.

I think you're right. If they were to hook up with another drummer there would be people that would complain but ultimately if the drummer were good people would accept it. I think people for the most part realize that Neil is done.

• Like 3

I think you're right. If they were to hook up with another drummer there would be people that would complain but ultimately if the drummer were good people would accept it. I think people for the most part realize that Neil is done.

Ultimately, I don't think I care. They've made songs I dislike under the Rush name with Peart. They've made songs I love under the Rush name with Rutsey. Lyrically, I'm not too fussed as the last two albums haven't exactly had words/ideas I want to sink my teeth into...but I still like plenty of songs on those albums.

As far as "accepting" goes, there would be plenty of Rush fans (though not necessarily the majority) that wouldn't accept a new drummer no matter how good he/she is.

• Like 2

Ultimately, I don't think I care. They've made songs I dislike under the Rush name with Peart. They've made songs I love under the Rush name with Rutsey. Lyrically, I'm not too fussed as the last two albums haven't exactly had words/ideas I want to sink my teeth into...but I still like plenty of songs on those albums.

As far as "accepting" goes, there would be plenty of Rush fans (though not necessarily the majority) that wouldn't accept a new drummer no matter how good he/she is.

Well sure, there are always those people who like things an artist puts out whether they're good or not.

• Like 1

Here's my take on it. Rush isn't over until they say it's over. There hasn't been any announcement; their future is still uncertain. I personally don't think Neil is going to schlep back out there again, but no one has said anything carrying any significance to what will become of Rush in the future. If they all go back out again, great! If Geddy and Alex find someone else, great (though I'd prefer they not call it Rush). And if Geddy does something himself—which I have a feeling he might—then, great! But for now, nobody really knows anything yet.
  • Like 1

I think the original :rush: should tour with a Holographic John Rutsey. They can even record a album. They can go right back to those dance hall days . Before the MOOG's , Before the GUITAR EFFECTS, Before the TUBULAR BELLS ! Right back to those early days. Before the concept albums.Right back to raw rock n roll. And who the hell needs a drummer !

:Alex: :geddy: