Black Sabbath - Let's talk about the Tony Martin-Cozy Powell era

treeduck

Well, now you guys have pissed me off. Because now i must have these...lol

I wish i had just got them when they came out

Aye me too. My mind just wasn't on Sabbath during those years.

Mine either.

But it was along time ago and i may have been tight on money

Or just wasting it all on beer lol

• Like 1

Good luck finding them. I wonder if there's a bunch of copies of these albums sitting around in some storage space somewhere of if the record company just burned everything to the ground when they went under?

They on amazon but crazy expensive...

Good luck finding them. I wonder if there's a bunch of copies of these albums sitting around in some storage space somewhere of if the record company just burned everything to the ground when they went under?

There's new copies out there, certain amazon traders have them but they cost around $28, at least. They're also on ebay for a similar price.

I still need to get Cross Purposes (used to have it on casette) and Forbidden.

No one needs Forbidden. :LOL:

Seriously though, it's really f***ing bad. Just thinking about Shaking Off the Chains makes me sad.

I have heard some bad things about it. And Iommi wasn't happy with it.

Seriously though, it's really f***ing bad. Just thinking about Shaking Off the Chains makes me sad.

The song Kiss Of Death is really good. A couple other decent tracks on it but nothing you need to hear too badly.

Forbidden was rushed to be released as well. The Ozzy reunion was in the works but Iommi still owed the label another album, so Forbidden unfortunately happened.

The song Kiss Of Death is really good. A couple other decent tracks on it but nothing you need to hear too badly.

Forbidden was rushed to be released as well. The Ozzy reunion was in the works but Iommi still owed the label another album, so Forbidden unfortunately happened.

He owed them one more after that in fact, and that's where the Sabbath Stones compilation album came in.

Here's some detailed info about Forbidden, just about the most detailed piece you'll ever find on it. And a 20th anniversary update facebook comment from Tony Iommi about remixing it.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/2015/06/happy-birthday-forbidden/

And from those two pages I just posted it's clear that the Tony Martin era albums will all be remastered and or remixed and re-released in the next couple of years. So I wouldn't waste any money buying the old versions, especially for the crazy prices they want.

Iommi owns the rights to all of the albums since they went out of print so he has control of it. Once the Ozzy tour is over and that era is in the books for good he can concentrate on releasing these albums again.

Edited by treeduck

Let's hear about the HEADLESS CROSS and TYR and Cross Purposes!

:AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley:

:blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze:

:haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

Pat! This is a great thread! I love all of these albums!!! COZY RULES!!

On a side note I have to bring up The Eternal idol" record. I know Tony Martin is on the the record however it is important to mention the fact that Ray Gillan sang on that album first. I guess Iommi didn't care for it so he had Martin come into the studio and redo it.

Of course Ray was the singer of Badlands and Sun Red Sun, Ray sadly died from AIDS. He's one of my all time favorite singers in the world. Also there is a two cd special edition of "The Eternal Idol." The first disc is with Tony on vocals. The second disc is with Ray. Ray blows Tony away. JMO

"Seventh Star" with Glenn is fukking AWESOME!!!

"Born Again" with Ian on vocals is AWESOME!!!

I'm a SABBATH WHORE!

• Like 2

On a side note I have to bring up The Eternal idol" record. I know Tony Martin is on the the record however it is important to mention the fact that Ray Gillan sang on that album first. I guess Iommi didn't care for it so he had Martin come into the studio and redo it.

Of course Ray was the singer of Badlands and Sun Red Sun, Ray sadly died from AIDS. He's one of my all time favorite singers in the world. Also there is a two cd special edition of "The Eternal Idol." The first disc is with Tony on vocals. The second disc is with Ray. Ray blows Tony away. JMO

I'm a SABBATH WHORE!

Yeah I know about that Earl. On the deluxe edition of Eternal Idol they have the Ray Gillan versions of the songs on the bonus disc.

• Like 1

I'm a SABBATH WHORE!

Yeah I know about that Earl. On the deluxe edition of Eternal Idol they have the Ray Gillan versions of the songs on the bonus disc.

Yep! It's incredible!

• Like 1

I LOVE the Tony Martin era from The Eternal Idol to Cross Purposes (Forbidden remains helpless).

A good bunch of works that helped ressurect the Sabbath name; they probably deserved a wider success but both albums and gigs in those years belong to Sabbath legacy.

'Ave Satani' from 'The Omen' soundtrack used in a couple of tours as shows intro is still creeping thru my skin.

• Like 1

I LOVE the Tony Martin era from The Eternal Idol to Cross Purposes (Forbidden remains helpless).

A good bunch of works that helped ressurect the Sabbath name; they probably deserved a wider success but both albums and gigs in those years belong to Sabbath legacy.

'Ave Satani' from 'The Omen' soundtrack used in a couple of tours as shows intro is still creeping thru my skin.

Bravo!

"Forbidden!" Love it!

They are all available on Ebay, i recently purchased them.

How much each were they?

No luck at my used record store.....

Damn.

Like I said though once the Sabbath tour is over and Iommi is done with Ozzy and Sharon he is going to remix/remaster and re-release all those Tony Martin albums and they'll be properly available again.

How much each were they?

they are about 30 to 40 $ canadian, a bit pricey but well worth it.