Caress of Steel

prolix

I would like to know your thoughts on the album as a whole. I think its pretty solid until you get to The Fountain of Lamneth. I try to listen to it and enjoy but it always puts me to sleep. :unsure:

I think it's an excellent suite. I get why others might not feel the same, though.

It took me a while to get into it. It's mood just didn't interest me when I was younger. But it's become a favorite.

No complaints from me. The last of the seventies album I bought, and I expected to hate it.

I loved it from first play!

• Like 1

I have always felt that this LP, namely Necromancer and Fountain, was the beginning of what, for me anyway, separated

Rush from being sort of a heavy metal band that I simply liked to a band I became totally endeared to. The dedication to Rod Serling(I know that reference could be lost on a few of you) made me think this band was more down to earth when,

at that time, Zeppelin was God-like and Springsteen was looking like Jesus. However, it is an album I feel sounds best

when I can skip the first three tracks and am in relax-mode. Just came off a four hour flight and have to say nothing

like closing the eyes, putting the seat back and COS is the only noise I hear. Even driving to it is a bit tough for me. 100% devotion or nothing!

Edited by jjgittes
  • Like 1

Caress Of Steel is a masterpiece, and The Necromancer is right up there with Cygnus X1 as not only my favorite Rush song, but favorite song of all-time ..

Had Garden Road been recorded instead of I Think I'm Going Bald, it would have been the greatest side of any album ever

Lakeside Park and Bastille Day are classic

The Fountain is awesome

• Like 1

Well this album is the one that cemented the deal! The fact that from that point after digesting the copy that I found in a second hand store, that Rush would be my favorite band forever. I was already well on my way after I started collecting albums after buying permanent waves when it 1st came out. Several spins (yes literally on vinyl) with the volume full tilt I was in awe of the musicianship and production of this album. As for the fountain look at my screen name here... Nuff said! :ebert: :cheers:

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy: :rush:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 5