What Does TRF Mean To You?

Lorraine

I'd be lost. I NEED FRIENDS! FRIENDS THAT ENJOY MUSIC!!! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Deadness/deathspiritrise-1.gifya know?
  • Like 4

Came here for the Rush, stayed for the people.

Talking about Rush is fun but it's not the only reason I'm here. For a while I've been pretty bad about not being active in the Rush section cause there wasn't much going on, but it's fun again.

SOCN lost its fun status a while ago because some people are absolutely insufferable and for whatever reason, others have no problem engaging with them. But I guess putting people on ignore doesn't do anything when you keep bitching about them after doing so, so it is what it is. SOCN's still fun as a place to "hang out". OLV is still a lot of fun, now that baseball is gonna be picking up again soon.

I suppose my answer to your question is that I'd be sad if TRF went away because I enjoy hanging out in here. It's helped me discover LOADS of music, and it's not exactly easy to find a group of people to talk about Rush with.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 6

I orginally came here three years ago just to get updates and tour rumours and such. It wasnt until recently that i truly began posting. Since i became more active here, i appreciate it so much more. I enjoy and mostly discuss music, but thats because it is something i enjoy so much. Im not much for social media but this place is a good outlet for me. As a whole if i did not like or enjoy the other members here and our discussions, i would not stay. I have no plans to leave.

• Like 5

I orginally came here three years ago just to get updates and tour rumours and such. It wasnt until recently that i truly began posting. Since i became more active here, i appreciate it so much more. I enjoy and mostly discuss music, but thats because it is something i enjoy so much. Im not much for social media but this place is a good outlet for me. As a whole if i did not like or enjoy the other members here and our discussions, i would not stay. I have no plans to leave.

In other words, its just fun here.

• Like 2

I'd miss it terribly, although I don't post as much as I used to, it's an important part of my life. Made a lot of friends here. And some of you drive me f***ing insane, but I love you really.*

*not really

Is it not really some of us drive you insane, or is it not really that you love some members? :cool:

I stay because the Yukon Blade Grinder requires that of me. It's in my contract

I'd miss you. You are that clown uncle I wish I had.

All mine are deathly dull.

• Like 2

I'd Miss TM.

TM If i haven't said it enough.........CA still sucks.

love ya.

lol.

Mick

One for you: :moon:

CA is actually pretty great.

For a dud.

And one for you: :moon:

:LOL:

• Like 6

being the only 'social' platform I'm involved in the web, it would be now sad for me without it, after one year now spent here

TRF = TRUE ROCKIN' FOLKS

Edited by geezer
  • Like 2

I'd Miss TM.

TM If i haven't said it enough.........CA still sucks.

love ya.

lol.

Mick

One for you: :moon:

CA is actually pretty great.

For a dud.

And one for you: :moon:

:LOL:

*pinch*

• Like 1

Originally joined here during the Time Machine tour because I wanted to discuss my favorite band ever, Rush, with other people who felt the same way. A lot of those Rush fanatics no longer post here, so it doesn't make the Rush section as fun as it used to be for me. Although the tour section was awesome during the last couple of tours, especially R40.

Music of the spheres is where I spend the majority of my time now. I would really miss all the music discussions that go on there and that I take a part in. I found fans to talk to there about some of my favorite bands who are not exactly mainstream. So, it's nice to have a place to talk about those bands.

I would certainly be lost for a bit if this place closed down without warning. I wouldn't miss the Rush discussions so much as I would miss the discussions over in music of the spheres. I'm not sure where else on the internet I could go to find such good and diverse music talk all in one place?

• Like 8

I don't care what ANYONE ELSE thinks, TRF IS NOT better than SEX.http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Insults/nyahnyah.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/CP%20stuff/EMERIL-BAMcrop.jpg (Nu-Page)

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

The band and the commercial aspect aside, i like this site and see it as a bit of light relief, "escape" everyone has troubles and problems to some degree, even if we don't all choose to air them on internet forums we can all relate to some, most if not all of them.. we're all people - we're all human !
  • Like 4

The band and the commercial aspect aside, i like this site and see it as a bit of light relief, "escape" everyone has troubles and problems to some degree, even if we don't all choose to air them on internet forums we can all relate to some, most if not all of them.. we're all people - we're all human !

Agreed.

I enjoy coming here every day and seeing what everyone is talking about. I've met some really cool people through this place. I enjoy that aspect of it and it's kind of the only reason to be here now since we haven't had more positive Rush news.
  • Like 4