Favorite Synth Era Album??

prolix

Normally I would say Hold Your Fire.

But bar Rd Lenses, Grace Under Pressure is easily my favourite Rush album! The inclusion of Red Lenses really affects my enjoyment of the album, it disrupts the streak of perfection.

And yes, I know HYF has Tai Shan and High Water. I love those songs.

For what it's worth, I have to say GUP also, with that said thou, I fell out of the loop with the band and only heard what was air played after GUP, with GUP being the last album ever purchased as a serious fan. Never losing the love of the band prior to gup, and the songs that were played IE roll the bones, Show don't tell, superconductor, Force ten, time stand still. << those songs never inspired me to go out and buy another album.

cheers

After thought, if it was a best of, i take signals better than gup.

Edited by ru_ready
  • Like 1

Oh, this question again. That's never been asked on here before ;)

GUP is my pick. Alex's guitar mixed in best with the synths on this one then it did on the next two. Making the overall sound more enjoyable for me.

I agree. Signals had a horrible mix for the guitars especially. Power Windows sounded fine but it was venturing into the "less guitar" territory that HYF had. Grace Under Pressure has all the spontaneous energy that 2112 had.

• Like 2

There isn't any synth-era album that I dislike, but Hold Your Fire is the crown jewel, easily.

Agreed.

But it would have an equal in GUP if I could either delete or get the band to redo just ONE song.

Of the four (yes, four) synth-era album, P/G is the one I'll leave in the car audio rotation the longest. I enjoy all four, but tire of the other three fairly quickly.