The Official UFO Appreciation thread

OldRUSHfan

Looked, and there wasn't one, so I MADE ONE! Been into this band since I saw them with RUSH in '77! The same with Max Webster, but this is about UFO! Michael Schenker was with them when I first saw them, and I was BLOWN AWAY! Like RUSH, the whole band had great 'chops' with their instruments....I have everything I know about by them,,,just a FANTASTIC group!!!
  • Like 6

I added UFO to my pandora account a long time ago. I've streamed plenty of their catalog to familiarize myself. Very cool band. I like a lot of their songs. :ebert:
  • Like 4

One of the greatest bands of all time, and Michael Schenker is my favorite guitarist - Force It and No Heavy Petting are my favorites ..

Post-Schenker, The Wild, The Willing and the Innocent and Mechanix are fantastic albums

I love Pete Way !!!!!!!!!!!

OldRushFan, you saw 'em, with Schenker in '77 ?!?!?! ... it must have been unbelievable

• Like 4

Saw UFO open for Jethro Tull at Lafeyette College back in 1975... What a great opening act but bad crowd control outside.

Phenomenon :ebert:

• Like 3

Holy Shit! I've been on here for almost ten years! No Official UFO Thread? INSANE!

Nothing touches the Schenker Chrysalis records and of course I think "Walk On Water" is fuckking EPIC!

UFO is easily a TOP TEN BAND OF ALL TIME ON THE EARTH.

• Like 4

Everyone may rip me for this post but their latest A conspiracy of stars is pretty good

IMHO all the albums with Vinnie Moore are

I never saw Michael with UFO but I have seen Vinnie in the band twice. Amazing.

I actually enjoy the new album too!

They are coming here in March.

I must go!!!

• Like 3

I just listened to the Columbia albums box set over Christmas & saw Schenker live last week.

UFO is never far from my cd player. Even after Schenks went solo Tonka Chapman kept them in the top flight.

Incredible band with a run of albums (Phenomenon - Making Contact) that makes lesser bands sick with envy.

• Like 5

I just listened to the Columbia albums box set over Christmas & saw Schenker live last week.

UFO is never far from my cd player. Even after Schenks went solo Tonka Chapman kept them in the top flight.

Incredible band with a run of albums (Phenomenon - Making Contact) that makes lesser bands sick with envy.

Buddy!

Only a few weeks ago I had to drive my daughter down to San Diego to taker her to college.

I took that UFO Box Set of all the Schenker years with me.

I blasted UFO for seven hours buddy.

UFO is always close to my cd player too.

We are brothers.

• Like 3

Do you folks know about the Pre-Schenker Years? 1970-1973? The Guitarist was Michael Bolton, and they were already 'out there'. UFO !, UFO 2 'Flying', and UFO LIVE are the three albums I colected over the years,and also found a compilation which had stuff from almost all of those years, called 'Space Metal'. "Star Storm" is my favorite song from that era! Michael Bolton is almost as good as Michael Schenker, but in different ways. Michael Bolton was more 'experimental' in my opinion. I REALLY love his playing! don't have the new one, but after Monday, I will if it's available somewhere! LOL http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Yay%20%20Woo-Hoo%20%20etc/YES-2.gif
  • Like 1

UFO are nothing but incredible to me.

They are the next band whose discography I plan to start collecting.

• Like 4

Their last few albums have been pretty meh, and I don't like Vinnie Moore at all. Dude will insist on playing 3 notes when 1 will suffice. Saw them with Schenker and Chapman back in the days, the first 3 Chapman albums are actually very good.

Will still go see them in March.

• Like 2

UFO - top band, even without the Rush connection & slipper nailing antics!! Especially like This Kids, Love to Love & their cover of Mystery Train

Welcome to the forum Mitten

The slipper story is classic ( .. just like Love To Love )

• Like 1

Do you folks know about the Pre-Schenker Years? 1970-1973? The Guitarist was Michael Bolton, and they were already 'out there'. UFO !, UFO 2 'Flying', and UFO LIVE are the three albums I colected over the years,and also found a compilation which had stuff from almost all of those years, called 'Space Metal'. "Star Storm" is my favorite song from that era! Michael Bolton is almost as good as Michael Schenker, but in different ways. Michael Bolton was more 'experimental' in my opinion. I REALLY love his playing! don't have the new one, but after Monday, I will if it's available somewhere! LOL http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Yay%20%20Woo-Hoo%20%20etc/YES-2.gif

My older brother had all those albums but I never got to grips with them for some reason. Maybe I was too young at the time or I just didn't know it was UFO.

All I remember was a song called Prince Kajaku(sp?) or something like that. Just the title, can't remember the music.

Maybe I should check those records out.

• Like 2

My older brother had all those albums but I never got to grips with them for some reason. Maybe I was too young at the time or I just didn't know it was UFO.

All I remember was a song called Prince Kajaku(sp?) or something like that. Just the title, can't remember the music.

Do,

You have any UFO CD'S?

• Like 1

Do,

You have any UFO CD'S?

Yeah I have them all from Phenomenon up to Misdemeanour.

I saw them live last summer & although I didn't know many of the newer songs it was still a good gig, despite Vinnie Moore not really doing the classics justice.

• Like 2

Do,

You have any UFO CD'S?

Yeah I have them all from Phenomenon up to Misdemeanour.

I saw them live last summer & although I didn't know many of the newer songs it was still a good gig, despite Vinnie Moore not really doing the classics justice.

Nice,

I saw them at least 7 times back in the 70's. :codger:

• Like 2

Welcome, Mitten! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Hello/wave-smiley.gif