Cam Newton's Flare - A Nuisance or Justified?

alphseeker

Much ado aboot nothing. If people didn't talk aboot it his flare wouldn't be a real issue. I'm more annoyed by the guy who makes a routine tackle/sack when his team is down by 21 doing a celebration.

Much ado aboot nothing. If people didn't talk aboot it his flare wouldn't be a real issue. I'm more annoyed by the guy who makes a routine tackle/sack when his team is down by 21 doing a celebration.

Personally, I'd rather hear about his flair. When he gets stranded on the highway at night, maybe his flare will be worth discussing.

• Like 1

Personally, I'd rather hear about his flair. When he gets stranded on the highway at night, maybe his flare will be worth discussing.

Pednat.

(That's just baiting, isn't it?)

Pednat.

(That's just baiting, isn't it?)

A masterful job, I must say.

We remember the 85 Bears because they were fun to watch.

WE? Who the fark is WE.....??

I remember the '85 Bears, but for different reasons...... :moon: :moon: :laughing guy:

We old people? I remember the Super Bowl, because we had to go to church and when we got home, I ran inside, turned on the TV, and they gave William Perry the handoff and he flopped in, stealing Walter Payton's TD. That night turned me into the bitter person that I am today, and why I'll never be a believer.

If Mike Ditka is to be reviled for anything, it is for shunning Walter Payton that day. There is simply no excuse for disrespecting the best running back of all time like that.

Worse was his decision to have Perry try a "halfback option." Give the ball to Payton and have him run behind Perry.

• Like 1

I'd much rather support a guy like Cam who enjoys playing the game than a guy like Brady that cheats it.

My God what a selective memory you have:

http://www.huffingto...n_n_781461.html

But I'm pulling for Newton too. The Panthers and their long suffering fans deserve it. The Panthers have not really done much since their Super Bowl appearance after the 2003 season. Well at least they're going again this century. There are many franchises that haven't even been to a conference championship this century. Gutless.

I'd much rather support a guy like Cam who enjoys playing the game than a guy like Brady that cheats it.

But I'm pulling for Newton too. The Panthers and their long suffering fans deserve it. The Panthers have not really done much since their Super Bowl appearance after the 2003 season. Well at least they're going again this century. There are many franchises that haven't even been to a conference championship this century. Gutless.

The game is played on the field. Cam doesn't need deflated footballs to be successful.

The game is played on the field. Cam doesn't need deflated footballs to be successful.

Hopefully Kubiak doesn't get to have Shula's head groundskeeper work on the field. Fields have a tendency to get flooded before big games when the "Fins" are playing a faster opponent.

Hopefully Kubiak doesn't get to have Shula's head groundskeeper work on the field. Fields have a tendency to get flooded before big games when the "Fins" are playing a faster opponent.

Is Peter Henderson still alive? You never know when it's gonna snow in Santa Clara, so there should be a bidding war for his services. Knowing he's a Masshole, I'm guessing the Panthrrs will get a discount.

Just found out that coach Rivera requires him to perform 37 pieces of flair during each game. But it's not about the flair, it's about the attitude.

• Like 3

It's not my cup of tea but it doesn't bother me either. It's not the mlb that definitely has an established tradition of decorum. It's also not new, just new for quarterbacks.

Yeah I really don't see this in any other major sport to this degree. And I'm not just picking on Cam, it's pervasive throughout the league. IMHO I think it cheapens the image of the league, but they are making their billions so i'm sure they don't give a f***.

In a way Cam is slightly less annoying with his theatrics because he can back them up with his play and he seems like a good guy. If you think about it, a lot of the theatrics by other players are essentially worse from a justification standpoint. I find it childish and stupid but that's just me. Football is clearly the worst with this behavior.

• Like 1

Cam Newton is the lowest of the low in the world of sportsmanship: a sore winner.

I can understand players who lose their grace in the face of loss, when being upset and defeated wears away one's cool. That's something we don't celebrate, but it's also understandable from a strong willed, emotional player. But what I can't abide by is someone who forfeits their grace in the face of success, someone who rips down other people's flags, who taunts in the name of celebration, and who clearly has no humility to begin with.

And that's Cam Newton: an arrogant, egotistical sore-winner.

• Like 6

Cam Newton is the lowest of the low in the world of sportsmanship: a sore winner.

I can understand players who lose their grace in the face of loss, when being upset and defeated wears away one's cool. That's something we don't celebrate, but it's also understandable from a strong willed, emotional player. But what I can't abide by is someone who forfeits their grace in the face of success, someone who rips down other people's flags, who taunts in the name of celebration, and who clearly has no humility to begin with.

And that's Cam Newton: an arrogant, egotistical sore-winner.

Yes. He had a chance to be a class act, and he botched it.

• Like 4

Cam Newton's 15 minutes of fame will be over soon. The Panthers will most probably not reach the Super Bowl next year. The NFL world will tire of Newton's narcissistic behavior and move on. If Newton's apparent lack of character and sportsmanship is real, then he won't be able to maintain his high level of play, particularly if they start losing games.

The NFL pendulum never stops swinging back and forth. High-class and respectful QB's will again be promoted over the brash, trash-talking type.

• Like 5

Cam Newton's 15 minutes of fame will be over soon. The Panthers will most probably not reach the Super Bowl next year. The NFL world will tire of Newton's narcissistic behavior and move on. If Newton's apparent lack of character and sportsmanship is real, then he won't be able to maintain his high level of play, particularly if they start losing games.

The NFL pendulum never stops swinging back and forth. High-class and respectful QB's will again be promoted over the brash, trash-talking type.

Good point about how you never know when the clock starts ticking on a player. Look at Marino. In SB 19, even though the "Fins" got humiliated, it was thought Marino would get a chance to redeem himself. He never did. And his legacy is that of a fantasy football player (before there was such a thing) who never won anything.

• Like 3

Cam=classless loser! Grow up and realize talent isn't enough! He got what he deserved!

BRONCOS, BABY!!!!!

Cam=classless loser! Grow up and realize talent isn't enough! He got what he deserved!

BRONCOS, BABY!!!!!

On to Wofford

Good point about how you never know when the clock starts ticking on a player. Look at Marino. In SB 19, even though the "Fins" got humiliated, it was thought Marino would get a chance to redeem himself. He never did. And his legacy is that of a fantasy football player (before there was such a thing) who never won anything.

Is that better or worse than being known for not winning anything without cheating?

Not that anyone thinks that about Marino except in places where Ted Kennedy is considered a hero.

Oh, and congrats for getting a like from MusicHead. There's something worth being proud of.

Edited by laughedatbytime

BRONCOS, BABY!!!!!

Sounds like you are just the one to teach about winning and losing with class.

Do hope Aqib Talib gets what he deserves.

http://i66.tinypic.com/5xrehu.jpg

This was obviously not taken during a game vs the "Legion of Boom"...unless he was ROFL after putting 30+ on them twice.

• Like 1