Cam Newton's Flare - A Nuisance or Justified?

alphseeker

You should all look at what he's doing now and stop hiding behind criticisms of a college student who may have been misguided along the way. For crying out loud he led his team to a 15-1 record AND a Super Bowl appearance.

Obviously the kid grew up.

Repsect.

Yep he looks like he really grew up. :sarcastic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mnyEkhQGcs

Who cares about that shit?

The other teams they're playing?

I'd much rather support a guy like Cam who enjoys playing the game than a guy like Brady that cheats it.

:facepalm: here we go again - Newton, a Heisman Trophy winner, caught cheating three times, including putting his name on someone else's paper without that student's knowledge.

He stole a laptop in college and threw it out the window when the police were coming. Is it possible to have one thread in this section that isn't about tom Brady. Getting old.

We could talk about why there's so much criticism of Cam, but I'm not sure you'd like the direction of that conversation either.

Just today or maybe yesterday, he claimed it's because he's black. Because, as we've seen with Obammie, the only reason to criticize a black person is because you're a racist.

Yeah I saw that,

Trying to find the article. Also, some thing about him saying people are afraid of him because they have never seen such greatness. Some thing along those lines.

You should all look at what he's doing now and stop hiding behind criticisms of a college student who may have been misguided along the way. For crying out loud he led his team to a 15-1 record AND a Super Bowl appearance.

Obviously the kid grew up.

Repsect.

He's accomplished a lot. Too bad he chooses to act like a classless ass on every other play.

This latest episode of showboating will fade away just like all the others. Newton is not the first narcissistic ass to make waves in the NFL, and he won't be the last. He's made his mark, but as the seasons go by, the NFL world will have moved on to other, more interesting things. And maybe, just maybe, he'll grow tired of his antics, too......

• Like 1

Say what you will about Peyton, but he's not out there acting like an assclown every game.

Peyton Manning may not be an obnoxious assclown, but he can be a real pain-in-the-ass control freak. He berates anyone and everyone who screws up......

http://youtu.be/DttfyOeU3vw

I don't see why the players shouldn't be allowed to have fun. As fans, we're there to be entertained.

It's like Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi. Sampras was better than Agassi 7 days a week, and I respected the hell out of him, but he was boring to watch. It was more fun to watch Agassi.

We remember the 84 Bears because they were fun to watch. Obviously, it can turn into taunting quickly, but as I get older, I just don't have a problem with them having fun.

I don't see why the players shouldn't be allowed to have fun. As fans, we're there to be entertained.

It's like Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi. Sampras was better than Agassi 7 days a week, and I respected the hell out of him, but he was boring to watch. It was more fun to watch Agassi.

We remember the 84 Bears because they were fun to watch. Obviously, it can turn into taunting quickly, but as I get older, I just don't have a problem with them having fun.

85 Bears. The 84 Bears ended their season with Steve Fuller at QB losing 23-0 at SF.

• Like 2

85 Bears. The 84 Bears ended their season with Steve Fuller at QB losing 23-0 at SF.

Pedant, 2016 sport model.
  • Like 2

We remember the 85 Bears because they were fun to watch.

WE? Who the fark is WE.....??

I remember the '85 Bears, but for different reasons...... :moon: :moon: :laughing guy:

• Like 1

I remember the '85 Bears, but for different reasons...... :moon: :moon: :laughing guy:

We old people? I remember the Super Bowl, because we had to go to church and when we got home, I ran inside, turned on the TV, and they gave William Perry the handoff and he flopped in, stealing Walter Payton's TD.

That night turned me into the bitter person that I am today, and why I'll never be a believer.

• Like 1

I'd much rather support a guy like Cam who enjoys playing the game than a guy like Brady that cheats it.

I love Cam!!!!! Screw Brady!!!

Cam is the real deal and I knew it. I drafted Cam in my first NFL Fantasy. STUD

My cousin lives twenty minutes from the stadium.

He is flying out with his young son to the game.

He sent me a black Cam Newton jersey before the Seahawks game.

I will proudly wear it on the Seventh.

I love Peyton Manning but as a Raider I fukking HATE the Broncos.

I hope Cam destroys those lame ass "My Little Ponies."

RUSH THE FUKK ON!

We old people? I remember the Super Bowl, because we had to go to church and when we got home, I ran inside, turned on the TV, and they gave William Perry the handoff and he flopped in, stealing Walter Payton's TD. That night turned me into the bitter person that I am today, and why I'll never be a believer.

If Mike Ditka is to be reviled for anything, it is for shunning Walter Payton that day. There is simply no excuse for disrespecting the best running back of all time like that.

• Like 2

We old people? I remember the Super Bowl, because we had to go to church and when we got home, I ran inside, turned on the TV, and they gave William Perry the handoff and he flopped in, stealing Walter Payton's TD. That night turned me into the bitter person that I am today, and why I'll never be a believer.

If Mike Ditka is to be reviled for anything, it is for shunning Walter Payton that day. There is simply no excuse for disrespecting the best running back of all time like that.

I've never understood the shitty way that some coaches treat people. It's like there's a total lost of perspective.

I've never understood the shitty way that some coaches treat people. It's like there's a total lost of perspective.

Like,

The old saying goes. It's a team effort. :D

• Like 1

I was thinking of how dated his antics will look in 5-10 years. Dance crazes and popular music have the shelf life of dairy products. When they show highlights of him later his kids will laugh and make fun of him for doing these stupid dances. How long before they turn his superman move into an insurance commercial a la discount double check? Maybe papa johns? They'll need a new shill after Payton is done I'm guessing.
  • Like 1

I was thinking of how dated his antics will look in 5-10 years. Dance crazes and popular music have the shelf life of dairy products. When they show highlights of him later his kids will laugh and make fun of him for doing these stupid dances. How long before they turn his superman move into an insurance commercial a la discount double check? Maybe papa johns? They'll need a new shill after Payton is done I'm guessing.

http://cdn1.lockerdome.com/uploads/4ef119c4321dd0f0b72b604a7391b24af05c48287fe818d96f8e79954380f9e3_large

http://cdn1.lockerdome.com/uploads/4ef119c4321dd0f0b72b604a7391b24af05c48287fe818d96f8e79954380f9e3_large

He invented the shuffle. Cam dabs which he learned in the clubs

http://cdn1.lockerdo...54380f9e3_large

He invented the shuffle. Cam dabs which he learned in the clubs

:rfl:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/video/2012/09000d5d82ac73fd_video_cp.jpg

I remember what a big deal it was when Billy "White Shoes" Johnson was doing his celebrations. Of course, that was just for touchdowns.

Like,

The old saying goes. It's a team effort. :D

You're right. William Perry should have refused to run the play. He should have deferred to Walter. The entire offense should have insisted on giving the ball to Walter.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/video/2012/09000d5d82ac73fd_video_cp.jpg

I remember what a big deal it was when Billy "White Shoes" Johnson was doing his celebrations. Of course, that was just for touchdowns.

And if Cam just did his thing for TD's only I wouldn't have a problem with it. But for every damn first down he gets is sickening.
  • Like 1