#22 Blue J

Blue J

Official SOCN Designated Driver

• Members *
  • 17663 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:11 AM

View PostEel Yddeg, on 02 February 2016 - 03:56 PM, said:

That was kind of harsh...

Indeed...especially for someone whose only two posts on TRF are in this very thread. That second one especially...quite a way to introduce yourself to the community here, buddy.

#23 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:40 AM

View PostBlue J, on 03 February 2016 - 06:11 AM, said:

View PostEel Yddeg, on 02 February 2016 - 03:56 PM, said:

That was kind of harsh...

Indeed...especially for someone whose only two posts on TRF are in this very thread. That second one especially...quite a way to introduce yourself to the community here, buddy.

Let me know,

When you ship the package. And a tracking number if you have one. :cheers:

#24 Ron2112

Ron2112

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:41 AM

View PostBetterCallSaul, on 02 February 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

View PostRon2112, on 02 February 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

View PostBetterCallSaul, on 01 February 2016 - 03:02 AM, said:

View PostEel Yddeg, on 27 January 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

So this solves the mystery that the show was recorded on the 2112 tour, in Portland Oregon's Paramount Theater, on March 28, 1976.
I hope that this clears up everything about the recording.

This mystery was solved a while back.  This recording is from March 26, 1976 in Seattle.  Ged refers to Seattle after Bastille Day.  Check out the Power Windows site for more details.

Uh, no.....conventional wisdom in trading circles still places this show in Oct 1976.

Oh.....you again.

"Conventional wisdom", huh?  Anyone with common sense and a functioning set of ears can determine the differences in their instrumentation and playing on this show vs. gigs from late '76.  

It's just like your claim that Binghamton is from Apr '77.  Yeah, you have that incorrect, too, btw.  I won't even bother to point out the holes in that notion.  You're simply too thick.  You've proven w/ this Seattle nonsense that it's not worth the trouble.  And aren't you the guy who swore that the circulating Hartford '81 tape is off the soundboard?

Keep telling yourself all that, expert!

View PostBetterCallSaul, on 02 February 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

View PostRon2112, on 02 February 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

View PostBetterCallSaul, on 01 February 2016 - 03:02 AM, said:

View PostEel Yddeg, on 27 January 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

So this solves the mystery that the show was recorded on the 2112 tour, in Portland Oregon's Paramount Theater, on March 28, 1976.
I hope that this clears up everything about the recording.

This mystery was solved a while back.  This recording is from March 26, 1976 in Seattle.  Ged refers to Seattle after Bastille Day.  Check out the Power Windows site for more details.

Uh, no.....conventional wisdom in trading circles still places this show in Oct 1976.

Oh.....you again.

"Conventional wisdom", huh?  Anyone with common sense and a functioning set of ears can determine the differences in their instrumentation and playing on this show vs. gigs from late '76.  

It's just like your claim that Binghamton is from Apr '77.  Yeah, you have that incorrect, too, btw.  I won't even bother to point out the holes in that notion.  You're simply too thick.  You've proven w/ this Seattle nonsense that it's not worth the trouble.  And aren't you the guy who swore that the circulating Hartford '81 tape is off the soundboard?

Keep telling yourself all that, expert!

These arguments never get old.....

Don't believe what I say.  BUT, you can find an interview by Skip Daly with Ian Grandy on this very site, circa 2009.  In that interview, Ian confirms the Binghamton date and the existence of a crew-made soundboard recording from Hartford 1981.  That Hartford recording is NOT the same nice AUD source that everyone has, but a SBD from that night DOES exist, and is rumored to exist in the collections of some way-old-school traders.

As for the original subject of this thread, it's an objective call, and one can find evidence that supports either date.  And that's the most accurate thing anyone can say until more definitive evidence is available.

#25 Ron2112

Ron2112

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:51 AM

Did the research for you.

http://www.therushfo...dy#entry1749326

The Hartford '91 SBD was dubbed "The Incredible Stunned Man" by the Rush crew.  It appears the be one of the only band-recorded SBD sources that isn't widely circulated now.

So yeah....regarding the Binghamton '77 date and the existence of a Hartford '81 SBD recording: Game, set, match for Ron.

#26 78jazz

78jazz

The Seeker

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:43 PM

View PostRon2112, on 03 February 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

As for the original subject of this thread, it's an objective call, and one can find evidence that supports either date.  And that's the most accurate thing anyone can say until more definitive evidence is available.

THIS.

#27 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3885 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:51 PM

To further confuse things, my silver copy Elements Of Crime 2112 Days lists the October date and has Best I can on the CD although the track listing has What You're Doing as the encore.

Of course, By-Tor's Battle 2.01 (October) ans Seattle Supersonic (March) list and play Best I Can as the encore. My cassette copies (which all date October) also list Best  I Can as the encore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users