Neil Peart update! Bubba Gram #4

robertrobyn

"And he will also learn that he is the only stranger whose camera I have willingly posed for—in about forty years!"

So, Neil has pretty much never willingly posed for a stranger's (fan's) photo since he's been with Rush. That is sad.

• Like 3

"And he will also learn that he is the only stranger whose camera I have willingly posed for—in about forty years!"

So, Neil has pretty much never willingly posed for a stranger's (fan's) photo since he's been with Rush. That is sad.

He's brand loyalty when it comes to fan indifference :fistbump:

• Like 3

One thing that would've made this article better is none other than an appearance of the

Massive Pendulous Scrotum!!!!

Here you go, just for you:

justins-iphone-march-2014-154.jpg

But seriously, how do those animals get around with that thing hanging in the way?!

• Like 3

One thing that would've made this article better is none other than an appearance of the

:LOL: I had forgotten about that! And so soon!

Pendulous

Like a pendulum

Side to side

But seriously, how do those animals get around with that thing hanging in the way?!

Painfully is my guess

Despite telling us he had studied English (yes, he pronounced it “Ingrish”) at a school in Japan for three months, he struggled

The mighty whitey speaks

So gracious of you to step down from your pedestal and give the illiterate a picture

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3

One makes the necessary, um, adjustments.

• Like 1

Doesn't surprise me at all. I met him by his bus on the "Vapor Trails" Tour. We had a Mexican standoff with out eyes and then he stepped back swiftly like a snake recoiling in his den.

A gentleman. True class.

Rather enjoyed that one. Especially love the fact the pic of Neil did indeed make it onto the internet.

What I think is more important than Neil spending what is, on his income, a novel amount of money for a stranger, was the fact he took the time to spend time with and get to know that stranger. Kind of throws a wrench into the whole "Neil is a d*ck" routine, yes? Maybe, just maybe, he is indeed human.

"I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend." Well I guess he can in real life.

Neil's favorite band is STYX.

Signed,

"The Grand Illusion"

• Like 1

http://blog-imgs-80.fc2.com/m/i/n/mineichi/P7271448.jpg Kind of blurry...much like the elusive Big foot or Loch Ness photos. :)

That quote about Neil being "in the Earth" could be a sign for him to quit smoking those fukking Red Apples.

Also the blurry picture could be another sign.

The one time in 40 years that Neil takes a photo with a wave and genuine smile is actually blurred and quite useless.

Perhaps Neil should star in the next "Final Destination" film.

"Final Destination 666: 2112 Ways To Die"

Better to be six feet tall than six feet under..........................

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Despite telling us he had studied English (yes, he pronounced it “Ingrish”) at a school in Japan for three months, he struggled

The mighty whitey speaks

So gracious of you to step down from your pedestal and give the illiterate a picture

Yeah, that's pretty much what i was alluding to in my earlier post...just not as flavorful as you put it here. ;)

• Like 1

Doesn't surprise me at all. I met him by his bus on the "Vapor Trails" Tour. We had a Mexican standoff with out eyes and then he stepped back swiftly like a snake recoiling in his den.

A gentleman. True class.

Should've pulled out a pen, pulled down your pants, and charged him while screaming, "HEY PRATT, SIGN THIS!!!!!"

That guy needs a jock strap so he doesn't bottom it out over some gravel.

And the fact that he has been in photos with fans makes me think that this recent quip from him is a sad dig at everyone who has had their pic taken with him

To begin the comment "he will learn" is extremely narcissistic and, completely unnecessary

• Like 2

Is he preparing lyrics for a new RUSH album?

No, according to what he told that foreign stranger on the bike, he's a professional writer and motorcycle photographer now.. don't you remember what his 3 year old girl told us a few months back? He's retired!

Passive-aggressive old prick could fill his fans in directly.. that'd be cool lol

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 1

Nice read. A little confusing as to whether he wanted to be recognized or not. Kind of hard to tell. But still nice of him to buy the guy a room and dinner. That's one massive steak.
  • Like 2

The mighty whitey speaks

Yeah, that's pretty much what i was alluding to in my earlier post...just not as flavorful as you put it here. ;)

All Superconductor jokes aside, after reading Neil's latest entry, this is the first time I have ever been ashamed to say that I am a Rush fan

Edited by Lucas

The mighty whitey speaks

All Superconductor jokes aside, after reading Neil's latest entry, this is the first time I have ever been ashamed to say that I am a Rush fan

Seriously? Poor you.

Just to be clear, this happened during the tour:

"I thought the spacious landscapes of northwestern Arizona would be ideal, and we arranged to meet in Seligman on July 26, a day off between shows in Vegas and Phoenix."

Edited by ctbadger
  • Like 1

The mighty whitey speaks

Seriously? Poor you.

Not "poor Lucas" at all as I am very proud of myself

Just embarrassed by the elitist, racist comment by Neil

• Like 1

Ah, Nagoya. Just a couple of hours from me by train. Or an hour by Shinkansen/bullet train. Don't see how Mosbach, who apparently spent a few years in Japan and traveling Asia, confused the Nagoya flag (which looks like a red, slightly wavy capital "A" without the middle horizontal bar) with the Korean flag:

http://www.ata-k4k.com/old_page/images/South-Korean-flag.jpg

Also, I have to question Peart's questioning of that dude's English saying that he struggled even though he had "studied at a school for 3 months". "Studying English" in Japan for 3 months could easily mean a mere 6 lessons...but more than likely means JUST 12 lessons. How do I know? It's my job. One hour lessons once a week is fairly common. Sure, I'm nitpicking the article. But hey, of all the things Peart could've written about, he wrote [albeit just a mention] about some traveler's "Ingrish" (as Peart directly states) instead of some intrepid J-guy bicycling solo through the southwest with little to no English whatsoever. Meh. I think he could've found something more interesting to write. Ah well, I'm not a big fan of reading about sage and rocks anyway. I didn't expect any Rush news but I was expecting...I don't know...something.

Agree JB

.. and then some

• Like 2

Like a lot of geniuses Cornelius is a true oddball: insular, exceedingly selfish (every human interaction is on his terms), amazingly gifted and as contrarian a person as I've ever read about. Probably fun to have a drink and a smoke with but I also bet he's a f***ing handful to deal with on a daily basis.

His treatment of people who *gasp* might be fans and fans (*gasp*) is disgusting...but Ged & Al allowed him to have his cake and eat it too by giving him a free pass on all things promotional.

Yet more anecdotal evidence that it's best to admire heros from afar rather than learning that they're just as f***ed up a human as the rest of us (or worse).

• Like 5

It can be a pain but you get used to it..

• Like 2