Belechick is a dope

HemiBeers

Tom Brady just didnt have it in him yesterday during the game with The Broncos. The only one that played good was GRONK.

gronk is crazy good, grudging respect, i'd love him if he was on another team.

although his temper tantrum about not getting an interference call in the end zone was beneath him. Replay showed absolutely no interference. Yeah I get it...whine about the no call and you might get the next one.

You must have watched a different game. Talib had his arm wrapped around Gronkowski's waist before the pass.

• Like 1

last 3 drives would have given you 3 field goals and a win.

Think about that one all summer Tommy Boy.

In hindsight, yeah I was mad too but when it was all happening I could see why he'd take such an aggressive stance against that defense it just didn't work out.

The bottom line is that the Patriots didn't play like the Patriots up until there was 3 minutes or so left in the game and by that point they just couldn't pull that many horseshoes out of their ass to win. Nobody's gonna' win when you're playing like that.

Even with that missed extra point- They still had almost the whole game to rebound and get back in it but couldn't.

The better team won yesterday. I just hope Peyton and co. can beat the Panthers now.

I think, and hope, that the Panthers are going to stomp the Broncos.

• Like 2

In hindsight, yeah I was mad too but when it was all happening I could see why he'd take such an aggressive stance against that defense it just didn't work out.

The bottom line is that the Patriots didn't play like the Patriots up until there was 3 minutes or so left in the game and by that point they just couldn't pull that many horseshoes out of their ass to win. Nobody's gonna' win when you're playing like that.

Even with that missed extra point- They still had almost the whole game to rebound and get back in it but couldn't.

The better team won yesterday. I just hope Peyton and co. can beat the Panthers now.

Manning is going to get crushed.

The Patriots didn't have the offensive line or the running game to take the heat off Brady. I thought it was impressive for the game to come down to the wire given the hand Brady was dealt. He took a beating yesterday.

• Like 3

Tom Brady just didnt have it in him yesterday during the game with The Broncos. The only one that played good was GRONK.

although his temper tantrum about not getting an interference call in the end zone was beneath him. Replay showed absolutely no interference. Yeah I get it...whine about the no call and you might get the next one.

You must have watched a different game. Talib had his arm wrapped around Gronkowski's waist before the pass.

It was there but he didn't hold him. That kind of touching is all the DBs have and it's more about feeling what the receiver is doing than anything. Not a penalty. The advantage is squarely with the receivers these days probably 80/20 compared to 70s when it was probably 50/50.

• Like 2

I guess the announcers were watching a different game too...there was no comments supporting interference. You can call holding or interference nearly every play. At a certain point you have to let them play.

Oh I get it, you're from New England.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 3

The Patriots didn't have the offensive line or the running game to take the heat off Brady. I thought it was impressive for the game to come down to the wire given the hand Brady was dealt. He took a beating yesterday.

The only way the Panthers lose is if they get overconfident. They bitch-slapped two good teams. Edited by 2112FirstStreet

Kick the first field goal and you cut it to 20-15 with 6 minutes to play....plllllllenty of time for another drive or two, especially since the Broncos couldn't run the ball. Classic Belicheck arrogance.

It's absurd to assume that field position and Denver strategy would have remained the same had the Patriots closed to within less than a touchdown. Denver played ultra-conservative because they could and it worked. Had NE closed it to 5, the strategy of the game changes significantly on both sides.
  • Like 1

The offensive line was pathetic. They deserved to lose.

We knew going in that they were a patchwork. That line against the #1 defense was going to be a problem. Brady was playing on his heels all day, and yet could should have won.

Mad props to the return of the Orange Crush defense. :cheers:

I guess the announcers were watching a different game too...there was no comments supporting interference. You can call holding or interference nearly every play. At a certain point you have to let them play.

You must have watched a different game. The announcers talked about the hold when it happened.

Oh, I get it. You hate the Patriots.

• Like 1

It's absurd to assume that field position and Denver strategy would have remained the same had the Patriots closed to within less than a touchdown. Denver played ultra-conservative because they could and it worked. Had NE closed it to 5, the strategy of the game changes significantly on both sides.

The statement that they played ultra conservative by choice is laughable. Denver scored 3 points the second half. Their offense was impotent. No running game and Manning barely completing 50%. Belichick was blind to the fact that Denver's offense was toast and he blew it. He didn't show faith in his own defense even though he had Denver by the gonads in the 2nd half. Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 1

Winners win, losers make excuses.

Manning > Brady

Bwahaha! :LMAO:
  • Like 1

Kick the first field goal and you cut it to 20-15 with 6 minutes to play....plllllllenty of time for another drive or two, especially since the Broncos couldn't run the ball. Classic Belicheck arrogance.

I've seen Belichick go for it on 4th down more than any coach.

• Like 2

Manning > Brady

I can see why you think that. Brady is, after all, 11-6 lifetime against Peyton led teams.

Manning > Brady

Both are amazing. Yesterday, the Bronco's D line was way better than the Pat's O line.

Really doesn't matter who won the AFC. Both teams are worse than the top 4 in the NFC and will be bitch-slapped by Carolina.

I agree, but I would love to see Manning get one more ring. :(
  • Like 2

Really doesn't matter who won the AFC. Both teams are worse than the top 4 in the NFC and will be bitch-slapped by Carolina.

I agree, but I would love to see Manning get one more ring. :(

I hope he goes the Elway route, wins the ring as an old man, then retires and rides off into the sunset (and joins a coaching staff, he's got the brains)

• Like 2

This will probably come as a complete surprise to some of you, but I think Belichick is without a doubt the best coach in the game at time and situation management, which is something that most coaches are worse at than the average 10 year old playing Madden. I was a bit surprised the first time but after that they pretty much had to go for it.

Neolithic was pretty much excoriated for going for it at his own 29 vs Manning's Colts a few years ago, but given the game situation it was absolutely the right call, even if no one else had the guts, or the job security to make it. Optimal strategies don't always work, and suboptimal ones don't always fail; all you can do is improve the odds of the preferred outcome.

I've seen Belichick go for it on 4th down more than any coach.

Yep. And it makes sense during the regular season. In the playoffs, and with a sputtering Denver offense...and your own offense struggling to get points. Take. Points. When. You. Can.
  • Like 1

You must have watched a different game. The announcers talked about the hold when it happened.

You're right, they did talk about it and after getting a couple of looks at it, they said there wasn't a penalty. If you actually look at his hand, he never grabs anything. It's almost he's got his hand on his hip as if he's dancing with him. They lost, get over it.

• Like 2

You're right, they did talk about it and after getting a couple of looks at it, they said there wasn't a penalty. If you actually look at his hand, he never grabs anything. It's almost he's got his hand on his hip as if he's dancing with him. They lost, get over it.

Sorry. A defensive back can't "dance" with a receiver. And that isn't what was obviously happening in any event. Patrick Chung got called for it against the Broncos in the regular season, rescuing the Broncos from a loss.

The Patriots lost for a lot of reasons. But Gronkowski was right to complain.

Indeed, they said "Talib's kinda got his right arm wrapped around him for a moment there" when they described how good the play and the non-call were.

It must be weird to live life as a Pats fan and see and hear a different reality than the rest of the world.

• Like 3

Manning > Brady

I can see why you think that. Brady is, after all, 11-6 lifetime against Peyton led teams.

How's his playoff record against Manning? What about his record in the biggest game the two can play against each other?

I don't think that you want to rely too much on regular season statistics if you're comparing Brady and Manning...unless you care to make an honest assessment and not just engage in blind fanboyism.

• Like 1