Awful Covers Thread!

Super25Smasher

Smashing Pumpkins (essentially just Billy Corgan in this song) cover of Landslide (yeah, that Landslide). It's dreadful.

Also most of the songs played at the John Lennon 75th birthday concert (totally just a thing Yoko did to be in the spotlight or something of that nature) were done pretty poorly. Willie Nelson looked like he didn't even know what he was doing on stage, let alone attempting to sing Imagine.

The Pumpkins' version of Landslide makes me feel bad for Fleetwood Mac. Corgan made that song so much better that it's hard for me to listen to Mac's version without thinking "my god, why did they let Nicks' sing on this" or "this guitar sounds horrible".

The worst cover song that includes are member of the original band. The "Down by the Seaside" cover by Robert Plant and Tori Amos on the Led Zeppelin Encomium tribute.

To me, it's not a cover song if you just re-use the lyrics. There needs to be some essence of the original song retained in the cover version.

99,999999% of Encomium is worth a mention in this thread!

Stone Temple Pilots version of "Dancing Days" makes that album worth the price of admission. There are a few real clunkers on that tribute though.

I love Blind Melon's Out on the Tiles, and Never the Bride's version of Going to California is amaze-balls. Most of the songs do suck, though, but nothing hit harder than Plant killing his own song with Amos on Down by the Seaside. He made up for it when he and Kraus covered Please Read the Letter and made a good song sound great.

I was hoping someone would bring back this thread! I haven't heard many bad covers lately but i'll be sure to post them here if i do!
  • Like 1

Smashing Pumpkins (essentially just Billy Corgan in this song) cover of Landslide (yeah, that Landslide). It's dreadful.

Also most of the songs played at the John Lennon 75th birthday concert (totally just a thing Yoko did to be in the spotlight or something of that nature) were done pretty poorly. Willie Nelson looked like he didn't even know what he was doing on stage, let alone attempting to sing Imagine.

The Pumpkins' version of Landslide makes me feel bad for Fleetwood Mac. Corgan made that song so much better that it's hard for me to listen to Mac's version without thinking "my god, why did they let Nicks' sing on this" or "this guitar sounds horrible".

I love both versions equally.

• Like 1

Celine Dion rapes ACDC classic.

The best part of this was Celine duckstruttin' Chuck Berry-style in heels. Other than that, it was like watching your mom pretend to like your music at your birthday party, and embarrassing everyone.

• Like 1

The worst cover song that includes are member of the original band. The "Down by the Seaside" cover by Robert Plant and Tori Amos on the Led Zeppelin Encomium tribute.

To me, it's not a cover song if you just re-use the lyrics. There needs to be some essence of the original song retained in the cover version.

99,999999% of Encomium is worth a mention in this thread!

Stone Temple Pilots version of "Dancing Days" makes that album worth the price of admission. There are a few real clunkers on that tribute though.

Yeah I saw them do a couple of Zep songs live including DD back in the day and they always did them justice.

• Like 1

Celine Dion rapes ACDC classic.

The best part of this was Celine duckstruttin' Chuck Berry-style in heels. Other than that, it was like watching your mom pretend to like your music at your birthday party, and embarrassing everyone.

I'll see your Celine and raise you one Shania...