I Can't Watch No More Of This Movie!

Babycat

It's based on softfilter's "That's it i quit!" book thread, only this is for movies. Have you ever started to watch a movie, getting about 10 or so minutes into it, getting bored or frustrated or something, and thinking: "Nope! This is awful - can't watch no more!" and you actually reach out to stop the DVD, take it out and put something else in?

I did: 'Attack The Block', 2011, and starring Nick Frost and John Boyega (pre 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'). 15 minutes, that's how long I took.

Without giving the plot away, 'Attack The Block' is an alien invasion movie set in London, England.

Not counting those that I fell asleep in because they were boring? Hmm...

The Matrix part 1...first two attempts i fell asleep because I was bored stiff. Third try I just gave up because I was bored stiff.

Lord of the Rings part 3...kept walking in and out of the room while others watched. Especially the last thirty minutes was grueling. Had to walk out one last time and stay out.

Cry Baby starring Johnny Depp...absolute garbage by John Waters. It's the ONLY movie I've ever walked out of at the cinema.

There are tons more I'm sure but those 3 are the stand outs.

That Wizard Of Oz film with James Franco, X Men Origins: Wolverine, Hanna...couldn't sit through these in the cinema

That Wizard Of Oz film with James Franco, X Men Origins: Wolverine, Hanna...couldn't sit through these in the cinema

Oh man that XMen Origins: Wolverine was a total piece of crap! I only plowed through it all because I like Jackman. But he had no chance of rescuing that.

• Like 1

Dallas buyers club, inception, that RIP movie with Ryan Reynolds

Dallas Buyers Club was fantastic!

Inception I saw twice, it was OK (Shutter Island was the best Leo film that year...I think it was that year anyway).

Ryan Reynolds? Has he ever been a lead in a good film? Actually, has he ever been in a good film?

I Love You, Man and Sideways......... They bored me to no end, and when the main characters are dooshbags, that makes it even worse. :facepalm: :facepalm:
  • Like 2

Inception I saw twice, it was OK (Shutter Island was the best Leo film that year...I think it was that year anyway).

Ryan Reynolds? Has he ever been a lead in a good film? Actually, has he ever been in a good film?

I'm with you Segue on Dallas Buyers Club. Thought it was quite good with two quality performances in Matt M & especially Leto.

Inception felt slow to me so I fell asleep in the cinema.

Yeah, I'm not sure either if I've ever seen Reynolds in a good movie at all.

• Like 1

I watched American hustle for 45 minutes and still had no idea wtf was going on so I shut it down. Life's too short to work hard for a movie. A book, maybe.

I turned it off the first time. A year later, I really enjoyed it!

I'm with you Segue on Dallas Buyers Club. Thought it was quite good with two quality performances in Matt M & especially Leto.

Loved Dallas Buyers Club! The movie I can think of where I liked both film and Ryan Reynolds is a silly comedy called "Dick." Reynolds has a bit part as a kind of stupid, good looking guy so it works for him. The movie is a Watergate parody that stars Kirsten Dunst and Michelle Williams and they are fun to watch. It's a little silly but funny if you know anything about Watergate.

I was talking about this not too long ago in another thread so I apologize for repeating but my movie I always turn off is 2001: A Space Odyssey. My dad took me at a young age when I knew nothing about the plot or symbolism and it was like watching paint dry. I understand it now but still don't like it! Also Twister. Someone had told me it was an actual good movie. I wanted to walk out badly but my kids wanted to stay, ick. (We have cow!)

Edited by blueschica

One soon-to-be-released film that I will not be watching is Deadpool.

Just saw the trailer for it in the theater. I have no worries about having to walk out on it. Just by seeing the trailer, I could tell that it's putrid.

:boo hiss: :boo hiss:

Edited by Principled Man

Loved Dallas Buyers Club! The movie I can think of where I liked both film and Ryan Reynolds is a silly comedy called "Dick." Reynolds has a bit part as a kind of stupid, good looking guy so it works for him. The movie is a Watergate parody that stars Kirsten Dunst and Michelle Williams and they are fun to watch. It's a little silly but funny if you know anything about Watergate.

I was talking about this not too long ago in another thread so I apologize for repeating but my movie I always turn off is 2001: A Space Odyssey. My dad took me at a young age when I knew nothing about the plot or symbolism and it was like watching paint dry. I understand it now but still don't like it! Also Twister. Someone had told me it was an actual good movie. I wanted to walk out badly but my kids wanted to stay, ick. (We have cow!)

Twister = stereotypical, stupid Hollywood garbage.

I love 2001. I first saw it when I was only 9 or 10 or so and liked it even then. Mesmerizing really. I've seen it plenty of times since then too. I CAN easily see how many wouldn't like it though.

• Like 1

One soon-to-be-released film that I will not be watching is Deadpool.

Just saw the trailer for it in the theater. I have no worries about having to walk out on it. Just be seeing the trailer, I could tell that it's putrid.

:boo hiss: :boo hiss:

It definitely looks like crap. Reynolds DOES fit that character though. The main problem is that I dislike the Deadpool character--the epitome of early 90s overly flashy, over the top, forced comedic, comic book writing.

• Like 2

Twister: stupid but quotable if you like joss Whedon who punched up the script.

2001: have to be in the right mood but generally like to watch.

Showgirls: not a good movie but I will watch it...

The Amazing Spider-man films are terrible.

Nothing but hate, even if I do love the cast members.

Best thing about the 5 Spidey films was J.K.Simmons. He was perfect.

http://geek-news.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/geek/2013/05/Simmons-as-J.-Jonah-Jameson-from-Spider-Man-2.jpg

http://www.comic-covers.com/Marvel/MarvelA-B/AmazingSpider-Man/images/spider-man-025.JPG

I'd rate them like this...

Spidey 1: B

Spidey 2: A-

Spidey 3: D

Amazing Spidey 1: D

Amazing Spidey 2: F

• Like 3

I think the whole premise of bro comedies like I Love You Man and Role Models to be really stupid. Probably due to the passive-aggressive homophobia in both those movies. I don't find it offensive per se' rather I think its totally stupid and based on really dumb stereotypes. Most of the time, the reason why you don't see the characters have any real male bonding scenes outside of clunky, random dialogue is because of the stupid ass stereotype of gay guys that they think every single close friendship with another male has to turn into them sleeping with each other. And that can't be farther from the truth. I have tons of male friends where the thought of them and I together like that never ever crossed my mind.

I think the whole premise of bro comedies like I Love You Man and Role Models to be really stupid. Probably due to the passive-aggressive homophobia in both those movies. I don't find it offensive per se' rather I think its totally stupid and based on really dumb stereotypes. Most of the time, the reason why you don't see the characters have any real male bonding scenes outside of clunky, random dialogue is because of the stupid ass stereotype of gay guys that they think every single close friendship with another male has to turn into them sleeping with each other. And that can't be farther from the truth. I have tons of male friends where the thought of them and I together like that never ever crossed my mind.

I never thought too deeply about those flicks. I saw previews of them---> the jokes/scenes seemed humorless, so I never even tried watching them.