I Can't Watch No More Of This Movie!

Babycat

I know you are an expert like me Johnny. Now the original "The Thing" is on the TV in "Halloween."

John's remake is simply off the charts because all of the special effects are well REAL.

FUKK CGI.

John did it with real love.

Did you see "The Thing" remake?

John blessed the film but I think it was complete CGI CRAP.

Carpenter is a Legend.

Did you see his last film called "The Ward?"

Worth watching.

I am sad. John hasn't done shit lately.

I am worried about his health.

I know he is a chain smoker.

I was hoping for one more horror masterpiece but there is nothing.

I love "Assault On Precinct 13."

I love "Prince Of Darkness."

I love "Christine."

I love "Big Trouble In Little China."

I love "Vampires"

I love "In The Mouth Of Madness"

I love "Dark Star."

I love "Body Bags"

I love "Ghosts Of Mars."

I really love "Village Of The Damned." Reeves' last picture before that horrible horse accident.

You know everyone always talks about the Titanic sinking on her maiden voyage as irony.

Well I think the Christopher Reeves tragedy is also in the same "boat."

A man who played Superman has a horrific accident on a horse in reality and is in a wheelchair.

Life isn't fair.

I wish all of you well.

Good karma.

I love you guys.

I love John Carpenter too.

• Like 2

Cameron Crowe directed Jerry Maguire, a film I practically worship!

What else would you recommend?

Yeah, Maguire is quality. But I like Almost Famous even more. Brilliant, touching, and damn funny! Philipp Seymour Hoffman!!!! The other 3 Crowe movies I liked: Say Anything, Singles, and Vanilla Sky. All VERY good flicks IMHO.

Although I had Carpenter with a perfect 9-0 record, I like Crowe's movies more...despite his 2 garbage movies of Elizabethtown and We Bought A Zoo.

Aloha is garbage as well. I only saw that to oogle Emma Stone and Rachel McAdams. That's it.

The one two combo of Elizabethtown & We Bought A Zoo has put me off Crowe. It's a damn shame too. He used to be so good. The difference between those two and any two of his in the 90s is jarring.

I thought "Aloha" was garbage too.

Wait, Carpenter? 9-0 as in the John Carpenter?

He's my all time favorite director.

I am sure many of you on here wouldn't even give "Halloween III" 6.66 seconds of time. Well kids, "Halloween III Season Of The Witch" is my second favorite movie of all time.

Yep! No wonder many of you think I'm insane. I could care less.

My number movie in the world is...........

Yep.

I'm actually very predictable.

"Halloween."

The letter "H" is very important to me.

Favorite film, "Halloween."

Favorite album, "Hemispheres"

Of the 9 Carpenter flicks I've seen (and liked), his best two IMHO are Escape from New York and The Thing. Can't count how many times I've wedged Snake Plissken into a thread that has nothing to do with the movie or Carpenter. Hell, I recently had Snake in some Kiss thread you made Earl.

Wow! No wonder I love you Johnny! At the end of the day we have so much in common.

I saw "Escape" and "The Thing" in the theater. I was so lucky.

Yes I too am a Snake addict.

I actually have an "Escape From New York" comic book autographed by John and Kurt.

Oh yes Johnny I an hardcore.

I can't believe I overlooked your "Snake" implants on my KISS thread. "Shame Shame Shame" on me.

Signed,

RATT

I mean

Ssssssnake

LOL

Cheers!

How the hell could you have overlooked that post?! I had Snake, Stan Lee, Ivan Drago, and Khan (Montalban) as members of the original version of Kiss. Snake was on lead guitar!!!

Holy Shit!!!

DUH!

Of course I saw that post! Wait, I didn't comment on it?

IT WAS FUKKING INCREDIBLE!!!

Party foul buddy! I do apologize.

I loved it!!!!!

• Like 1

I know you are an expert like me Johnny. Now the original "The Thing" is on the TV in "Halloween."

John's remake is simply off the charts because all of the special effects are well REAL.

FUKK CGI.

Carpenter is a Legend.

Worth watching.

I love "Christine."

I love "Vampires"

I love "Dark Star."

I love "Body Bags"

I love "Ghosts Of Mars."

I really love "Village Of The Damned." Reeves' last picture before that horrible horse accident.

You know everyone always talks about the Titanic sinking on her maiden voyage as irony.

A man who played Superman has a horrific accident on a horse in reality and is in a wheelchair.

Life isn't fair.

I wish all of you well.

Good karma.

I love you guys.

I love "THEY LIVE!!"

RIP ROWDY!

FUKK CGI.

Carpenter is a Legend.

Worth watching.

I love "Christine."

I love "Vampires"

I love "Dark Star."

I love "Body Bags"

I love "Ghosts Of Mars."

Life isn't fair.

I wish all of you well.

Good karma.

I love you guys.

Thing "remake"? You mean "prequel"? If so, yeah I saw it. It was forgettable though not a total piece of crap...but maybe I was in a good mood when I saw it. Some flicks that are borderline shit are somewhat at the mercy of how I am at the time of viewing. :blaze:

Cameron Crowe directed Jerry Maguire, a film I practically worship!

What else would you recommend?

Yeah, Maguire is quality. But I like Almost Famous even more. Brilliant, touching, and damn funny! Philipp Seymour Hoffman!!!! The other 3 Crowe movies I liked: Say Anything, Singles, and Vanilla Sky. All VERY good flicks IMHO.

Although I had Carpenter with a perfect 9-0 record, I like Crowe's movies more...despite his 2 garbage movies of Elizabethtown and We Bought A Zoo.

Aloha is garbage as well. I only saw that to oogle Emma Stone and Rachel McAdams. That's it.

The one two combo of Elizabethtown & We Bought A Zoo has put me off Crowe. It's a damn shame too. He used to be so good. The difference between those two and any two of his in the 90s is jarring.

I thought "Aloha" was garbage too.

Wait, Carpenter? 9-0 as in the John Carpenter?

He's my all time favorite director.

I am sure many of you on here wouldn't even give "Halloween III" 6.66 seconds of time. Well kids, "Halloween III Season Of The Witch" is my second favorite movie of all time.

Yep! No wonder many of you think I'm insane. I could care less.

My number movie in the world is...........

Yep.

I'm actually very predictable.

"Halloween."

The letter "H" is very important to me.

Favorite film, "Halloween."

Favorite album, "Hemispheres"

Of the 9 Carpenter flicks I've seen (and liked), his best two IMHO are Escape from New York and The Thing. Can't count how many times I've wedged Snake Plissken into a thread that has nothing to do with the movie or Carpenter. Hell, I recently had Snake in some Kiss thread you made Earl.

Wow! No wonder I love you Johnny! At the end of the day we have so much in common.

I saw "Escape" and "The Thing" in the theater. I was so lucky.

Yes I too am a Snake addict.

I actually have an "Escape From New York" comic book autographed by John and Kurt.

Oh yes Johnny I an hardcore.

I can't believe I overlooked your "Snake" implants on my KISS thread. "Shame Shame Shame" on me.

Signed,

RATT

I mean

Ssssssnake

LOL

Cheers!

How the hell could you have overlooked that post?! I had Snake, Stan Lee, Ivan Drago, and Khan (Montalban) as members of the original version of Kiss. Snake was on lead guitar!!!

Holy Shit!!!

DUH!

Of course I saw that post! Wait, I didn't comment on it?

IT WAS FUKKING INCREDIBLE!!!

Party foul buddy! I do apologize.

I loved it!!!!!

So that being said and proof that a saw your awesome post, I didn't know that Khan was a character in the awesome Trek series in the Sixties.

When I saw "The Wrath Of Khan" in the theater I loved it but I didn't realize that Khan was already a character from the past.

Not a Trekkie buddy. You know this. I'm a Star Whore Junky.

I know man, I live on "Fantasy Island."

Zee Plane Zee Plane?

I don't have a Tattoo.

A "New Tattoo?" Motley Crue?

"Tattooed Millionaire?" Bruce Dickinson?

YYZEE PLANE!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

Pun intended right?

Morse code? Toronto Airport?

Ok I am insane.

Or just filled with too much useless knowledge.

FUKK CGI.

Carpenter is a Legend.

Worth watching.

I love "Christine."

I love "Vampires"

I love "Dark Star."

I love "Body Bags"

I love "Ghosts Of Mars."

Life isn't fair.

I wish all of you well.

Good karma.

I love you guys.

Thing "remake"? You mean "prequel"? If so, yeah I saw it. It was forgettable though not a total piece of crap...but maybe I was in a good mood when I saw it. Some flicks that are borderline shit are somewhat at the mercy of how I am at the time of viewing. :blaze:

Oh wow! Again, I forgot about that Johnny! That was a prequel. Yeah obviously I just didn't care.

So there are three versions.

Black and White classic.

Carpenter

Prequel.

Carpenter wins.

So what will it take for John Carpenter to get a Life Long Achievement Award from the Academy?

Will he have to pass away to get it?

I know it's brutal but John is a LEGEND.

Tree of Life.....wanky pretentious shite that started nowhere and went nowhere.

I love you Man...forced myself to try it because of the Rush connection, but had to switch off at that "slappin da bass" scene as I could feel my buttocks clenching with embarrassment.

Noah.......seriously, WTF?

Both quality, in particular The Thing which IMO is even better than the original...a masterpiece of suspenseful horror.

• Like 1

FUKK CGI.

Carpenter is a Legend.

Worth watching.

I love "Christine."

I love "Vampires"

I love "Dark Star."

I love "Body Bags"

I love "Ghosts Of Mars."

Life isn't fair.

I wish all of you well.

Good karma.

I love you guys.

His buddy Wes Craven died last year so, yeah, I'm hoping he doesn't go too soon. I saw his last one, The Ward, on Showtime and it's one of his better ones. I saw Escape From L.A. on HBO Now recently and that one was a POS with some of the worst special effects I've ever seen in a big studio movie. Paramount should know better. Buscemi was hilarious in that movie, though.

Edited by invisible airwave

I couldn't finish Joy, with Jennifer Lawrence.

Awful direction. David O'Russel always has a terrific cast, with fantastic performances, and often the dialogue is witty and clever.

But his direction is awful! I loved American Hustle purely for the terrific acting. I had to watch the film the second time after reading a detailed plot summary.

He definitley has potential, he is a terrific director for pushing his actors.

But Joy fails as a movie, in spite of great acting and a really promising story.

I couldn't last to the end. It was a mess.

Edited by Segue Myles

Yeah, Joy is O Russell's worst I've seen so far and he also had another movie that came out called Accidental Love that is so bad that he disowns it and it was on the shelf for years and uses a pseudonym not too different from Alan Smithee.

I ended up really enjoying American Hustle. Took one failed attempt before I clicked with it. I expected another smooth move forward, but Joy is so clunky.

It's so badly directed, I fail to understand how he couldn't see it whilst it was editing. He is a great director of actors, but his films are the pits from a film making perspective.

Yeah, Joy is O Russell's worst I've seen so far and he also had another movie that came out called Accidental Love that is so bad that he disowns it and it was on the shelf for years and uses a pseudonym not too different from Alan Smithee.

I ended up really enjoying American Hustle. Took one failed attempt before I clicked with it. I expected another smooth move forward, but Joy is so clunky.

It's so badly directed, I fail to understand how he couldn't see it whilst it was editing. He is a great director of actors, but his films are the pits from a film making perspective.

Clooney, Tomlin and Adams should know since he was quite an unprofessional dickhead to them and the crew on Three Kings.

• Like 1

Clooney, Tomlin and Adams should know since he was quite an unprofessional dickhead to them and the crew on Three Kings.

I have heard that too, but whatever he does, he seems to get great results.

But his last three films all had great performances deserving of much better movies. Any Adams in American Hustle really surprised me! I adore her.