Rivendell from Fly By Night

Thunder Bay Rush

I don't get the extreme dislike a lot of people have for the song. It's a decent tune that doesn't bother me at all.

How can anyone be self-centered other than me?

I don't get the extreme dislike a lot of people have for the song. It's a decent tune that doesn't bother me at all.

OK.

I don't really understand that response. I'm just giving my thoughts on the song like everyone else is.

• Like 1

OK.

I don't really understand that response. I'm just giving my thoughts on the song like everyone else is.

I didn't get it either!

• Like 1

OK.

You like the song and can't understand why some folks don't.

I've never had a problem understanding why people might not like the same song I like. I don't expect anyone but me to have my taste in music.

• Like 1

I actually love the song almost as much as I love the fact that the band had enough courage to make a song like this and put it out. I can see why it isn't some people's cup of tea, but I like that the band displayed the range of interests and tastes they had, and that it aligned with my own so well.
  • Like 5

OK.

I've never had a problem understanding why people might not like the same song I like. I don't expect anyone but me to have my taste in music.

I never said I can't understand why some dosen't like the song. It's the high level of dislike that some have for it that I don't get.

OK.

I never said I can't understand why some dosen't like the song. It's the high level of dislike that some have for it that I don't get.

Ah yes, that's totally different. :eyeroll:

Why can't you get that some people dislike it at a high level? I can, and I'm one of the people who has thoroughly enjoyed it in the past.

OK.

Oh! Yeah well, it gets so much hate and he simply meant to say that he cannot fathom just why that is so.

No biggie. Like me with some of the popular bands in this forum, I do not get it (not that I disrespect anyone's taste, which is something a few thought I was doing with Earl (he got the joke)).

As for me, I personally can understand why it would be boring, especially if you are more into the harder rock of seventies Rush. But then again, I also love Tai Shan so its obvious to me I am in the minority.

OK.

Why can't you get that some people dislike it at a high level? I can, and I'm one of the people who has thoroughly enjoyed it in the past.

Why can't you get that he doesn't get it? If someone said they hated sunrises, I wouldn't get it.

OK.

Why can't you get that he doesn't get it?

Why can't you get that I can't get you to see I never said I can't get why he can't get?

• Like 2

On of the things that drew me to Rush was that they could diversify and move away from the standard rock format which was essentially what their first album was.I remember hearing The Sphere and the The Trees for the first time and thinking they can write some beautiful acoustic stuff to as with Rivendell.Rawk fans started jumping up and down when Zep filled up a whole side of acoustic ditties.And then Rush found synths and electric drums.That's another story.
  • Like 1

Well, so far in this thread there's only been ONE post that was in the "extreme dislike" zone. The "dislike it" people like me seem to be more in the "does nothing for me (but I don't hate it)" area.

OK.

Why can't you get that I can't get you to see I never said I can't get why he can't get?

I think I get what you're saying.
  • Like 1

I actually love the song almost as much as I love the fact that the band had enough courage to make a song like this and put it out. I can see why it isn't some people's cup of tea, but I like that the band displayed the range of interests and tastes they had, and that it aligned with my own so well.

I completely agree here

I also can see the progression they made into something like Panacea

And also, Tears ( which, in my book, is Top 10 )

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, Geddy told a story where the guys were playing back a song in the studio and were all asleep by the time the song ended. I'm pretty sure he was talking about Rivendell.

So as a insomnia cure, it's great, but I don't have sleep issues...so I'll skip it.

• Like 2

congratulations .. your post has been selected at random from over 2 million other posts to be criticized for giving an opinion ... you may redeem you prize anytime .. thank you, and goodnight

• Like 2

If I remember correctly, Geddy told a story where the guys were playing back a song in the studio and were all asleep by the time the song ended. I'm pretty sure he was talking about Rivendell.

So as a insomnia cure, it's great, but I don't have sleep issues...so I'll skip it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24-jX5Petco

yeah i posted before watching the video...but i was correct and THAT'S ALL THAT COUNTS DAMIT :P
  • Like 1

Amen Brothaman. It's a great example of their earliest ambition to expand their palette.
  • Like 1

OK.

I think I get what you're saying.

This reminds me of that Eddie Murphy stand up bit in the 80s (maybe from 'Delirious') when he's imitating James Brown: "You got, you got , what I need!"

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/27/64/42/6244494/3/622x350.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24-jX5Petco

yeah i posted before watching the video...but i was correct and THAT'S ALL THAT COUNTS DAMIT :P

I got your back holmes!
  • Like 1