Band of the week

djflex

In this thread a band is picked and if possible we try to listen to one album a day for the whole week

I did this last week myself with alice cooper and it was fun.

No rules and no one has to play. If you dont like the band come back the next week.

Im not gonna pick the bands , except for the first week. Since its my thread lol. After that we can just go with suggestions

For the first pick , i am selecting Megadeth. In honor of new release coming out on Friday..

Hopefully a fun thread for all

In this thread a band is picked and if possible we try to listen to one album a day for the whole week

No rules and no one has to play. If you dont like the band come back the next week.

Im not gonna pick the bands , except for the first week. Since its my thread lol. After that we can just go with suggestions

For the first pick , i am selecting Megadeth. In honor of new release coming out on Friday..

Peace Sells

So Far So Good

RIP

Countdown

Youthanasia

System

Endgame

Looking forward to the new one.

Peace Sells

So Far So Good

RIP

Countdown

Youthanasia

System

Endgame

Those your picks for listening? You thought them pretty quick!

I may start with countdown, i dunno

Peace Sells

So Far So Good

RIP

Countdown

Youthanasia

System

Endgame

Those your picks for listening? You thought them pretty quick!

I may start with countdown, i dunno

It's easy to make the picks quickly when you pick the band's best albums.

• Like 1

Cool idea, sort of like a book club for music. I'll try stopping in here when I can. Megadeth, huh? I'll try it out.

Cool idea, sort of like a book club for music. I'll try stopping in here when I can. Megadeth, huh? I'll try it out.

If you dont like megadeth, dont force it on yourself lol

I'm not sure if old school thrash metal is you thing or not? But if you're interested in hearing some of the most crazy guitar work ever, check out the album Rust In Peace.

If that doesn't work for you, try Countdown To Extinction, Youthanasia and The System Has Failed. All great albums but it's "lighter" Megadeth.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if old school thrash metal is you thing or not? But if you're interested in hearing some of the most crazy guitar work ever, check out the album Rust In Peace.

If that doesn't work for you, try Countdown To Extinction, Youthanasia and The System Has Failed. All great albums but it's "lighter" Megadeth.

Rust In Peace??

Masterpiece

• Like 1

Are you in J2?

Sure.

What do we just listen to the albums of our choosing and that's it?

He's going to pick an album per day and then we comment on it, I guess.

No you guys just pick your own album and make some comnents. Only the band is set

Are you in J2?

Sure.

What do we just listen to the albums of our choosing and that's it?

Pretty much thats it. Post your pick and whatever comments you feel

Well I like Master Of Puppets and ...And Justice For All by Metallica, as well as some old Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. I bet I'll not hate it at least.

• Like 1

Last week

punk/power pop

Weezer

My Chemical Romance

This weeek may be shaping up to be Green Day

Mick

Weezer rules. The Blue Album is a pure masterpiece. MCR is also really awesome. Dookie, Nimrod, and American Idiot are all excellent albums by Green Day, each with its own distinct character. Jesus Of Suburbia is like the 2112 of pop punk.

All great choices.

• Like 1

Well I like Master Of Puppets and ...And Justice For All by Metallica, as well as some old Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. I bet I'll not hate it at least.

Well, Rust In Peace is more similar to Puppets and Justice but it doesn't sound that much like them. Overall, much faster and musically insane. The album doesn't sound like anything Priest or Maiden ever did.

Certainly worth a listen for the guitar work alone.

• Like 1

Last week

punk/power pop

Weezer

My Chemical Romance

This weeek may be shaping up to be Green Day

Mick

Weezer rules. The Blue Album is a pure masterpiece. MCR is also really awesome. Dookie, Nimrod, and American Idiot are all excellent albums by Green Day, each with its own distinct character. Jesus Of Suburbia is like the 2112 of pop punk.

All great choices.

Dude a lot of people said Weezer lost it.

but I enjoyed Make Believe and the Red album as much as any of the classics.

Mick

Well my first listen this week was Countdown to Extinction

I picked this one to go first for me only because it is one of the first compact discs i ever bought. I bought a jambox style cd player and had left over to buy 3 cds lol. It was not my first megadeth , just first cd. Overall a good listen, but i consider this a second tier megadeth release. My favorite tracks are symphony of destruction and sweating bullets...

Anyone else do one today?

Probably do Rip or peace sells tomorrow

I picked this one to go first for me only because it is one of the first compact discs i ever bought. I bought a jambox style cd player and had left over to buy 3 cds lol. It was not my first megadeth , just first cd. Overall a good listen, but i consider this a second tier megadeth release. My favorite tracks are symphony of destruction and sweating bullets...

Ashes In Your Mouth isn't your favorite? Far and away the best song on the album and one of the best post Rust In Peace songs they've done.

• Like 1

Ashes In Your Mouth isn't your favorite? Far and away the best song on the album and one of the best post Rust In Peace songs they've done.

No not my fave, but a great track. But everything is always subjective..

Im really hoping the new one delivers.