Is Rush your most listened to band ?

djflex

I am just curious...

By far i have listened to rush more than any of my other favorites. Although sometimes i do take a short break from them, it is never really too long. Many bands i will get into and then drop for ages. Right now i am on a short rush break, but will still sneak in an album or two.

2112 alone has received more plays than any album ive ever owned.

I like a variety of music so i dont just listen to them .

Im just asking for fun

I think some of the people on this site are like Moonies and don't listen to anything but Rush :)

Nothing wrong with that, but i couldnt live without variety myself

I don't listen to my Rush cds or vinyl much these days. Between my live recordings and local radio I get my fill. In Canada we have Canadian content rules and I hear at least a dozen Rush songs a day when the radio is on at work. Still more Rush than anything else though.
  • Like 2

They are, but for the past month i stopped listening to them, i will wait another month or 2 before i start to again, so it will be like a "new" beginning with them

I kinda do similar in a way. My last run i went through all the live albums. Then down the road i may listen to the classics again, then later after a break the synth era stuff etc.

Before a tour i used to go through the entire discography. Then a break after the show

I took a two month break before the R40 DVD came out. Then it was on again to Rush Rush Rush. But I tend to take periodic breaks from certain bands and rotate others in... Amongst my favorite bands, Rush gets heavy rotation. The Beatles are also heavy on my playlist.
  • Like 1

I don't listen to my Rush cds or vinyl much these days. Between my live recordings and local radio I get my fill. In Canada we have Canadian content rules and I hear at least a dozen Rush songs a day when the radio is on at work. Still more Rush than anything else though.

What are canadian content rules? Radio must play so many canadian bands per hour or something?

What are canadian content rules? Radio must play so many canadian bands per hour or something?

http://www.crtc.gc.c...ancon/r_cdn.htm

35% canadian in most cases

Edited by kamrahai
  • Like 1

Wow, they have it down to a science...

I think some of the people on this site are like Moonies and don't listen to anything but Rush :)

Nothing wrong with that, but i couldnt live without variety myself

If I listened exclusively to my favorite band, it would become my least favorite rather quickly.

I love pizza, but I don't eat it every day. Nom Saynn?

Rush is definitely in that top echelon of music that I can listen to anywhere, anytime .. and when I do, it is always full albums, or even over the span of certain eras . . .

I've been going thru a big Rush phase since 1977, and it has not let up one bit

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

Moonies listen to RUSH?

http://images.nymag.com/news/intelligencer/intelpost120910_sun-myung_560.jpg

I bet it's the synth era.

• Like 3

Wow, they have it down to a science...

CanCon is king.

Moonies listen to RUSH?

http://images.nymag.com/news/intelligencer/intelpost120910_sun-myung_560.jpg

I bet it's the synth era.

That's best used by practitioners of TM.

• Like 2