It's the Rams and Chargers...

laughedatbytime

moving to LA. Was hoping it would never happen but at least it isn't the Raiders..

The league should consider moving the "Fins" about 25 miles west of LA.

St Louis is an open market now. Maybe the dream of Patriots ownership can finally come to pass.

Mr. Kraft is from Massachusetts. And he's making some money with the Patriots. And he's won more post season games this week than the "Fins" have won this century.

He knows what a bunch of frontrunners Patriot fans are, the next time they go 7-9 they'll struggle to draw. StLouis is a better long term bet.

I'm trying to remember what it was like the last time the Patriots were under .500.

Thanks for proving my point.

moving to LA. Was hoping it would never happen but at least it isn't the Raiders..

St Louis is an open market now. Maybe the dream of Patriots ownership can finally come to pass.

Mr. Kraft is from Massachusetts. And he's making some money with the Patriots. And he's won more post season games this week than the "Fins" have won this century.

He knows what a bunch of frontrunners Patriot fans are, the next time they go 7-9 they'll struggle to draw. StLouis is a better long term bet.

I'm trying to remember what it was like the last time the Patriots were under .500.

It's just been a long time. I think they still sold out Foxboro Stadium. Remember, we're going back to the Clinton administration.

It's just been a long time. I think they still sold out Foxboro Stadium. Remember, we're going back to the Clinton administration.

Well, at least the football team's been dishonest and corrupt for a shorter period of time than the state's politicians, so I guess that's something.

Well, at least the football team's been dishonest and corrupt for a shorter period of time than the state's politicians, so I guess that's something.

You have to give the "Fins'" organization credit. They have apparently convinced fans that the only way to win 8 or more games is by cheating. I guess when you go more than 30 seasons without a Super Bowl appearance you have to have some explanation for the fans.

^^^or maybe, like 30 other fan bases, they know just what the Patriots are.

The team going to their 5th straight conference championship?

And how they got there...

Your former avatar crush better get cracking. You need an excuse for this year.

Did you hear HGH was delivered to Manning's home?

Nope, never.

But I do think a two week recovery from a high ankle sprain is suspicious.

Nope, never.

The last time He was here He recovered from a crucifixion in 3 days. The slight ankle sprain was nothing.

Nope, never.

The last time He was here He recovered from a crucifixion in 3 days. The slight ankle sprain was nothing.

Funny, I imagined the Savior of the World being at least a little more honest than Hillary Clinton.

Nope, never.

Funny, I imagined the Savior of the World being at least a little more honest than Hillary Clinton.

Last time there were people like you clamoring for Him to be wrongly convicted and punished too.

Nope, never.

Last time there were people like you clamoring for Him to be wrongly convicted and punished too.

I think Jesus treated Zaccheus a little better than Brady treated "the deflator".

Now St. Louis can actually spend the money it was going to waste on a new stadium on something more important.

Exactly.

Why should they spend it at all?

• Like 2

Nope, never.

I think Jesus treated Zaccheus a little better than Brady treated "the deflator".

Just curious. What was your thinking in asking for Barabbas to be freed?

Nope, never.

I didn't realized he had been jailed. Pity the fool.

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37300000/B-A-Baracus-the-a-team-37372834-171-251.jpg

Now St. Louis can actually spend the money it was going to waste on a new stadium on something more important.

Exactly.

Why should they spend it at all?

There's plenty St. Louis can spend on that benefits all in the community.... the infrastructure needs some serious work (particularly a number of bridges - critical to a community built upon the two of the three largest river systems on the continent, not to mention the dozens other tributary rivers in the region).... the airport has entire sections (now that TWA/American have vacated) that could be repurposed into something useful.... the Ed Dome and the convention center complex could use some upgrades to bring in more events (even more likely now that they do not have to maneuver around an NFL schedule) and facilitate job growth.... the schools could use some much needed attention in terms of facilities.... rail systems could use upgrades to support the transportation industry that still exists on a large scale in the area (Missouri-Pacific, anyone?).... there is a growing tech industry in St. Louis (not a joke, look it up) that could be supported with a public cloud, area-wide wifi, or something similar to foster that movement.... police, fire, and EMS could use some support, perhaps even benefit from hiring (and even training)... and I could go on and on and on. If government is going to subject us to taxation, they can at least spend those taxes on things that have meaning to every citizen. St. Louis has a unique opportunity here.

But, yeah, who am I kidding.... I give it two weeks before some politician floats:

A) build a new stadium to entice another NFL team

B) build a new stadium to bring in an MLS team

C) upgrade the Scotttrade Center (or whatever name it has now, that place changes names more than the Astros change uniforms) to entice an NBA team

But, back to seriousness, what a great message St. Louis could send to the rest of the country if it decided to use the money it could have possibly spent on a new home for a billionaire to do something to benefit the entire community. What a great lesson it would be to other civic leaders to show communities that, yes, you can thrive without an NFL team, that your sports franchises - while understandably a source of civic pride at times - are not worthy of public dollars. What a great example if St. Louis could show similar cities in similar situations the next time a team owner demands a new, publicly financed stadium in order to stay, the city instead shows the owner the door and wishes them well in OKC, Salt Lake, San Antonio or whatever city comes along and falls for this extortion.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime

At last the SAINTS will once again do battle with one of their true nemeses the cursed LA Rams! :madra: :madra: :madra:

Does that mean the Saints are gonna go back to being the Aints for a few decades again? :huh:

No but the Bears are going to become the Gay Bears from 2016 onwards. :banana:

And the Lions will become the Pussies.

Oh wait, they've been that for the last 50 years, and will continue to be as long as the Ford family is involved. Fix Or Repair Daily, indeed.

Nope, never.

We were looking forward to St. Thomas's Scott Stapp impression.

So now we have the Chargers saying they have an agreement with the Rams in LA for 2017, but will stay in San Diego for 2016 to give San Diego time to fund a new stadium. Very interesting message from Spanos. I take it as "Please, really, do not make me get in bed with this guy, Kroenke." If I were city officials in San Diego, I would tell Spanos to move north. Those guys deserve each other.

And, really, this nonsense of the Raiders to Las Vegas..... as if the league will ever sign off on that. Now, truth be told, I do believe a franchise can do quite well in Vegas in terms of filling a stadium. The reality is they could partner with the local tourism industry and put together Weekend in Vegas packages that include the game. The packages could be targeted at both the Raiders and the visiting team. That would not address the fact that Raiders would be trying to build a fan base in a largely migrated city where folks often have their own team they root for because they "grew up in...." And, really, if there were ever an image built for Vegas.... it is Raiderfan.

But that partnership with Vegas tourism? Yeah, the league will build Donald's wall around Vegas, but without the big door. That actually makes me laugh. The Raiders are so bad at trying to bait a stadium out of Oakland they try to hand Vegas out there? Really? Use San Antonio. Use OKC. Use Portland. Use St. Louis. Use Hobbs, New Mexico, for goodness sake, because that town has a better team of getting a team (Timmy Smith bobble head night y'all!) than Vegas.

So now we have the Chargers saying they have an agreement with the Rams in LA for 2017, but will stay in San Diego for 2016 to give San Diego time to fund a new stadium. Very interesting message from Spanos. I take it as "Please, really, do not make me get in bed with this guy, Kroenke." If I were city officials in San Diego, I would tell Spanos to move north. Those guys deserve each other.

And, really, this nonsense of the Raiders to Las Vegas..... as if the league will ever sign off on that. Now, truth be told, I do believe a franchise can do quite well in Vegas in terms of filling a stadium. The reality is they could partner with the local tourism industry and put together Weekend in Vegas packages that include the game. The packages could be targeted at both the Raiders and the visiting team. That would not address the fact that Raiders would be trying to build a fan base in a largely migrated city where folks often have their own team they root for because they "grew up in...." And, really, if there were ever an image built for Vegas.... it is Raiderfan.

But that partnership with Vegas tourism? Yeah, the league will build Donald's wall around Vegas, but without the big door. That actually makes me laugh. The Raiders are so bad at trying to bait a stadium out of Oakland they try to hand Vegas out there? Really? Use San Antonio. Use OKC. Use Portland. Use St. Louis. Use Hobbs, New Mexico, for goodness sake, because that town has a better team of getting a team (Timmy Smith bobble head night y'all!) than Vegas.

Come on, let us enjoy thinking of the Raiders to Vegas at least for a little while! Elvis and Al Davis...the white jumpsuit connection...the Raiders and Vegas were made for each other. The phrase "Tuck rule" would take on a whole new meaning with the Raiders in Vegas...

• Like 1

Come on, let us enjoy thinking of the Raiders to Vegas at least for a little while! Elvis and Al Davis...the white jumpsuit connection...the Raiders and Vegas were made for each other. The phrase "Tuck rule" would take on a whole new meaning with the Raiders in Vegas...

Oh, like I said, the Raiders and Vegas are a perfect marriage... the ceremony being performed in a short, 1970s Elvis themed routine at a 24-hour drive thru chapel that also serves as a liquor store/chicken and waffles restaurant/bail bonds outfit. Which is why it ain't happening. The NFL is tacky, but it ain't that tacky.

Proof... imagine the Super Bowl half time show if the game was played in Las Vegas. That Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction was just the nip tip of the iceberg. I can see it now...... Elton John is the main act.... he is singing "Tiny Dancer", surrounded by topless tiny people.... because.... Vegas.

• Like 1