40 replies to this topic

#21 D3strukt

D3strukt

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2489 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:35 PM

Sir Lerxst, on 11 January 2016 - 01:00 PM, said:

One of the things I found interesting listening to this bootleg (which is a matrix of the in-ear monitor mixes), is that during the Clockwork Angels songs, there is a click track (sounds like a tambourine) being triggered at the same time as some of the longer string samples - most noticeable during 'The Wreckers' when the tempo drifts during the middle eight.

There's also one on Jacob's Ladder, as well.

Tombstone Mountain, on 11 January 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

D3strukt, on 10 January 2016 - 03:50 PM, said:

The entire concert exists as well.
For those of you who dislike dime, like myself.

Enjoy. This concert has a lot of flubs. Minor, but they're still there. The most glaring one, that I caught was alex completely just butchering the entire first bridge of The Camera Eye. Also as much as I love The Anarchist, Geddy just can't pull it off without sounding horrible. :( If they ever tour again, it needs to be dropped or something, that vocal line has to change.

https://soundcloud.c...x-greensboro-nc
I was there. It was interesting to see how he recovered. I watched it go down. I enjoy the recovery process though. Mistakes happen all the time
Yeah, I know mistakes happen all the time, but this tour seemed the loosest and most mistake ridden i've seen from them since the late 70's. Not that i'm complaining, I just don't personally think they were playing anywhere near as well as they did even back on the Snakes and Arrows tour.

Sponsored Post

#22 greyfriar

greyfriar

River Rhine BurgerMeister

• Members
  • 7919 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:36 PM

YYZumbi, on 11 January 2016 - 04:16 AM, said:

greyfriar, on 09 January 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

circumstantial tree, on 09 January 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

greyfriar, on 09 January 2016 - 09:46 PM, said:

Just grabbed it from Dime. The Losing It soundcheck version is fukkin' KILLER. Hell, it sounds so great!!!

What is Dime? And how can I get the soundcheck? :D
Dimeadozen is a torrent site where you can grab some good live shows for free.
There's a version of the Rush Greensboro show on the tracker, which includes the soundcheck with Losing It. The sound quality is stunning. Both, the show and the soundcheck, sound absolutely brilliant.

Do you think you could please upload the soundcheck recording somewhere else for us people that cant use Dime?

Thank you!
Here you go
Subdividions:
http://cloud.directupload.net/hddT

Jacob's Ladder:
http://cloud.directupload.net/hddV

Losing It:
http://cloud.directupload.net/hddY

The Wreckers:
http://cloud.directupload.net/hddZ

The Anarchist:
http://cloud.directupload.net/hde0

Lakeside Park Guitar:
http://cloud.directupload.net/hde1

#23 YYZumbi

YYZumbi

Vapor Trail

• Members *
  • 18664 posts
  • Interests:Vinyl records and music in general.

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:43 PM

greyfriar, on 11 January 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

YYZumbi, on 11 January 2016 - 04:16 AM, said:

greyfriar, on 09 January 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

circumstantial tree, on 09 January 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

greyfriar, on 09 January 2016 - 09:46 PM, said:

Just grabbed it from Dime. The Losing It soundcheck version is fukkin' KILLER. Hell, it sounds so great!!!

What is Dime? And how can I get the soundcheck? :D
Dimeadozen is a torrent site where you can grab some good live shows for free.
There's a version of the Rush Greensboro show on the tracker, which includes the soundcheck with Losing It. The sound quality is stunning. Both, the show and the soundcheck, sound absolutely brilliant.

Do you think you could please upload the soundcheck recording somewhere else for us people that cant use Dime?

Thank you!
Here you go
Subdividions:
http://cloud.directupload.net/hddT

Jacob's Ladder:
http://cloud.directupload.net/hddV

Losing It:
http://cloud.directupload.net/hddY

The Wreckers:
http://cloud.directupload.net/hddZ

The Anarchist:
http://cloud.directupload.net/hde0

Lakeside Park Guitar:
http://cloud.directupload.net/hde1

Thanks a lot!! And also thanks for uploading flac files, instead of stupid Mp3! Really appreciate it! :)

#24 Thunder Bay Rush

Thunder Bay Rush

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1196 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush, Rush, drums, living off-grid, fishing, hunting, cooking, gardening, raising and growing my own food! Farting in crowded elevators... silent or otherwise.

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:24 AM

Cool sound check... Hey, what the hell is going on?  Can't lose the effing lines!!

#25 John V

John V

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Music. Culinary Arts. Marijuana Advocate. Miami Dolphins Football. Beer.

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:41 PM

circumstantial tree, on 09 January 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

Someone told me that they had done Losing It during this soundcheck and previous venues. They just saved it for Toronto I guess.

So the violin player, went to every show with them, but did not get to play at all of them?
Would seem they would know well in advance what songs were to be played?
I am asking.

Edited by John V, 14 January 2016 - 12:41 PM.

#26 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

• Members *
  • 14370 posts
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:50 PM

John V, on 14 January 2016 - 12:41 PM, said:

Someone told me that they had done Losing It during this soundcheck and previous venues. They just saved it for Toronto I guess.

So the violin player, went to every show with them, but did not get to play at all of them?
I am asking.
We were too busy at that pub to be there for that eh John?

#27 John V

John V

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Music. Culinary Arts. Marijuana Advocate. Miami Dolphins Football. Beer.

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:12 PM

Tombstone Mountain, on 14 January 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

John V, on 14 January 2016 - 12:41 PM, said:

I am asking.
We were too busy at that pub to be there for that eh John?

We were!  But it was fun!
But my question still begs an answer.  Were they prepared to play "Losing It" at every venue?  The violin player would have had to travel to every show and not know when he would be asked to play? Or traveled and knew he would not play?
That's what I'm asking.
If they played "Losing It" at our sound check, then that means the violin player was present but not used.
Does not seem right.

#28 Sir Lerxst

Sir Lerxst

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:15 PM

John V, on 15 January 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

Does not seem right.

Probably because it isn't - they were triggering the violin parts during the soundchecks where no violinists were present. Compared with the Official release - the soundcheck version of Losing It is missing loads of violin.

Edited by Sir Lerxst, 15 January 2016 - 01:15 PM.

#29 John V

John V

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:27 PM

Sir Lerxst, on 15 January 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

John V, on 15 January 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

Does not seem right.

Probably because it isn't - they were triggering the violin parts during the soundchecks where no violinists were present. Compared with the Official release - the soundcheck version of Losing It is missing loads of violin.

Thanks, But why trigger something you don't plan to use and frankly you could not use because the musician was not present?

Did anyone that went to Greensboro hear this song being sound checked?  Heard it personally?

#30 Sir Lerxst

Sir Lerxst

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 03:13 PM

I think it was more for rehearsing the song rather than for soundcheck purposes - though the sound engineers would have built their mixes around those rehearsals too.

#31 bordercollie

bordercollie

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 651 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:48 PM

You can hear drums!!!!!!!!!!

#32 greyfriar

greyfriar

• Members
  • 7919 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:22 PM

There's an interesting bit of the drum check on the recording. It's almost 5 minutes long and you can clearly hear Neil's intermission house music in the background. Must be directly from the soundboard, because overall you can hear people arguing, and (a weird) counting (for whatever reason), as they adjust the sound for the second set.

#33 Sir Lerxst

Sir Lerxst

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:58 PM

greyfriar, on 17 January 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

There's an interesting bit of the drum check on the recording. It's almost 5 minutes long and you can clearly hear Neil's intermission house music in the background. Must be directly from the soundboard, because overall you can hear people arguing, and (a weird) counting (for whatever reason), as they adjust the sound for the second set.

Sounds like they are doing a line check - "one (one) house, two (two) house, three (three) house etc" is referring to the concert toms as they are checking the mic inputs for each. "House" is the term used for the mix position in the center of the arena where the concert sound is mixed. The other voice is that of the monitor engineer who works at a separate console at side of stage.

I think the arguing might be some kind of "humorous" samples / joke, because "Im going to put my nutsack on your drum set" is said twice almost identically.

#34 greyfriar

greyfriar

• Members
  • 7919 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:43 PM

Sir Lerxst, on 18 January 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

greyfriar, on 17 January 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

Sounds like they are doing a line check - "one (one) house, two (two) house, three (three) house etc" is referring to the concert toms as they are checking the mic inputs for each. "House" is the term used for the mix position in the center of the arena where the concert sound is mixed. The other voice is that of the monitor engineer who works at a separate console at side of stage.

I think the arguing might be some kind of "humorous" samples / joke, because "Im going to put my nutsack on your drum set" is said twice almost identically.
Thanks for clarifying. Makes more sense now.

#35 Thunder Bay Rush

Thunder Bay Rush

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1196 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush, Rush, drums, living off-grid, fishing, hunting, cooking, gardening, raising and growing my own food! Farting in crowded elevators... silent or otherwise.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:03 AM

My coolest sound check memory... Ottawa Civic Centre, April 21, 1978... Hemispheres tour... me and buddy got their early, walked around to the back (side actually) of the building, (no security at all) and stood right by the back door and listened to them play through about 5 songs.  The only two I recall are Anthem and Closer to the Heart.  I think they did parts of Hemispheres too, but don't remember which parts.  Way too cool.

#36 kamrahai

kamrahai

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 933 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:57 AM

Thunder Bay Rush, on 19 January 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

My coolest sound check memory... Ottawa Civic Centre, April 21, 1978... Hemispheres tour... me and buddy got their early, walked around to the back (side actually) of the building, (no security at all) and stood right by the back door and listened to them play through about 5 songs.  The only two I recall are Anthem and Closer to the Heart.  I think they did parts of Hemispheres too, but don't remember which parts.  Way too cool.
Just wanted to say, I'm sure you meant to say Dec 21, 1978 ;)

#37 Thunder Bay Rush

Thunder Bay Rush

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1196 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:15 AM

Oooops, shit... yes, December 21... April 2, was the AFTK Tour.  Damn you knowledgeable Rush fans!!

#38 kamrahai

kamrahai

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 933 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:06 AM

Thunder Bay Rush, on 19 January 2016 - 10:15 AM, said:

Oooops, shit... yes, December 21... April 2, was the AFTK Tour.  Damn you knowledgeable Rush fans!!
Well only because I was there as you know from our previous discussion :D
Hate to catch you again but that April show was on the 1st and not the 2nd  :P

Posted Image

Edited by kamrahai, 19 January 2016 - 11:10 AM.

#39 Thunder Bay Rush

Thunder Bay Rush

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1196 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:37 AM

GODDAMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#40 YYZumbi

YYZumbi

Vapor Trail

• Members *
  • 18664 posts
  • Interests:Vinyl records and music in general.

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:25 AM

Is it someone that know if it exist any more songs from the soundcheck recording then these songs?

Subdivisions
JacobĀ“s Ladder
Losing It
The Wreckers
The Anarchist
Lakeside Park Guitar

If yes, could someone please share the flac versions of it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users